HK or Ig-88 ?

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
I want to farm another droid. I have 86 (7*) and 100 (almost 7*). I'm also working on Poggle and Nebit. I do not want to farm B2 since I want someone else in cantina. Who's better as fifth character in that team at short term ?

Replies

• ig88
  • Do you have jawa engineer? If not, I would go 88 and hold off on using droids, since you really need the hk and je combo to use droids effectively. 88 is good not just in a droid team, but as a scoundrel for the credit heist and mod challenge. Also, his leader ability when omega'd is very useful in pve against the bosses and in the new raid
  • HK lead gives droids insanely amount of TM and attacks. I would recommend him if you really go the droid route. Then farm IG88 (he is a must too).
    However, farm IG88 first if you need another scoundrel for the credit heist/droid events.
  • Hk lead with 86&88 Nebit and JE are one of the tank raid meta's That might help your decision making?
  • I did 88 first, then hk. But you should really get both.
  • 88 is more versatile. Can be thrown into scoundrel teams and debuff teams. I have been running him with Vader in arena since probably April. They are a great combo as long as Vader is modded to move and debuff first.

HK, on the other hand, is ONLY good in a droid lineup, and honestly only as the leader of said lineup. 88 is better, and since both are essential to a good droid lineup anyway, you may as well start with 88.
  • Thanks for the replies. I think I will go for 88 first. I do not have JE and it will add some damages in this team, either with him,as leader or Poggle. As been said, hés also good for credit heist.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I think 88 first as well for the heist events. But another option could be to unlock HK, then farm 88 to completion before finishing HK. You really want HK for your leader if you're running a droid team.
  • Get HK to 5*, where he still has a lot of HP and hit ok, then switch to max 88. Omega HK leader ASAP and you'll be set.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    I think 88 first as well for the heist events. But another option could be to unlock HK, then farm 88 to completion before finishing HK. You really want HK for your leader if you're running a droid team.
    Nate_Puppy wrote: »
    Get HK to 5*, where he still has a lot of HP and hit ok, then switch to max 88. Omega HK leader ASAP and you'll be set.

Yeap, not a bad idea. I could play with Poggle (that I'm developping) coming from an ally in a mission and he was also giving a lot of power to my droids. I was impressed by both of them especially 100 which could hit 8k of crit. damages whereas he's not maxed.
  • Nate_Puppy wrote: »
    Get HK to 5*, where he still has a lot of HP and hit ok, then switch to max 88. Omega HK leader ASAP and you'll be set.

Yep, that's the best way to go.