The ATT Tank Raid is difficult. (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Malthael wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer to think they didn't know what they were doing. I can deal better with lack of thourough testing of content than designing a raid (of which you absolutely need to obtain gear to progress) targeted for 1% of the playerbase.

While I would love to share your hope, the raid was delayed over a month (remember all the "August" jokes - the raid didn't drop until October). Allegedly (and according to the devs who posted) that delay was due to "thorough testing" of the new raid. Incidentally, a raid which had a reset glitch which was exploited by some players.

All of that said, if the raid wasn't tested for technical glitches and exploits, what WAS it tested for? If it was tested for balance, maybe it's "working as intended".

Remember though, they would've been testing end-game, so level 85 heroes with max gear and sweet mods. Heroic is going to be a nightmare until you have a guild with at LEAST half the people being max level with their best teams. It doesn't make sense to conclude difficulty is 'broken' (not your words, just the general mood recently) when people are using level 81s-82s to try and beat HEROIC 85 stuff....unless those folks are TRYING to be angry.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Thinking about this the last couple of days, and I believe the devs strategy in this game (right or wrong) is based on frustration.
    They want people frustrated enough they will spend money, thats why the events don't get announced with some time in advance for people to prepare or because things are overtuned etc..
    Again, they need to make money and it seems to be working out, the frustration seems to be a good drive. For me personally, I spend the most on double drop events and other enjoyable things. But yea the frustration gets to me, dunno if it hold me to the game on the long run tho.

Unfortunately this is true but it is also a fine line. Frustration will get you to pay but only if paying will
    Thousands of guilds have completed an aat raid. A high percentage are normal raids, but they are finishing. Stop trying to get the aat raid nerfed because, your guild sucks.

False. Our guild is ranked 1000 and we're still busy with our first AAT raid. There are therefore definitely less than 1000 guilds that have completed an AAT raid... and I think the number is a lot less.

How are u ranked 1000 in the tank raid when u haven't finished one :p

Ah didn't know there were separate leaderboards. I only saw one. Will have a look again.

I'm sorry if this is coming off on the harsh side. I'm just tired of reading all these anti aat raid threads. Like so many people have said, wait until your guild members are level 85 and expand their roster, to include the raid specific characters.

What exactly do you expect hitting level 85 to change?
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Thinking about this the last couple of days, and I believe the devs strategy in this game (right or wrong) is based on frustration.
    They want people frustrated enough they will spend money, thats why the events don't get announced with some time in advance for people to prepare or because things are overtuned etc..
    Again, they need to make money and it seems to be working out, the frustration seems to be a good drive. For me personally, I spend the most on double drop events and other enjoyable things. But yea the frustration gets to me, dunno if it hold me to the game on the long run tho.

Unfortunately this is true but it is also a fine line. Frustration will get you to pay but only if paying will
    Thousands of guilds have completed an aat raid. A high percentage are normal raids, but they are finishing. Stop trying to get the aat raid nerfed because, your guild sucks.

False. Our guild is ranked 1000 and we're still busy with our first AAT raid. There are therefore definitely less than 1000 guilds that have completed an AAT raid... and I think the number is a lot less.

Ah didn't know there were separate leaderboards. I only saw one. Will have a look again.

I'm sorry if this is coming off on the harsh side. I'm just tired of reading all these anti aat raid threads. Like so many people have said, wait until your guild members are level 85 and expand their roster, to include the raid specific characters.

50 people moving up 4-5 levels. In that time, farming the best raid toons. Upgrading gear and mods. What do you think I expect?
  • Haha, the damage output increases as you level up........right.....?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I'm interested to see how these play out once we're 85.

Lvl 85 won't make a difference, only roster size will
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Can I quote you on this? ;)

Are you serious?

Oh, wait, you're serious.

The new goal is to get your entire guild working towards level 85; farming the right toons; modding those toons; all getting as much damage as possible for the new raid. Once that is happening, a heroic AAT raid should be a lot easier. Any tier should be easier, really.

Look, a lot of guilds are already completing the raid. I'm sorry yours isn't. I'm sorry people are rage quiting. I think a lot of those people are short sighted, myself. I don't know why anyone thought the new raid was going to be easy. It's certainly not easy. But it will be, given a guild with good leadership and clear direction.

@ShaolinPunk what, you're going to tell me they are wrong and size DOESNT matter?

She's just being nice to ya man. Size matters.

Ooohwee. Lvling up only adds a slight amount of damage, health, and protection. You won't even notice it unless your are raising gear lvls. Even then, it won't make a big enough impact on the raid.

Like trey said, roster size is what really matters. Along with a great set of mods you can switch from team to team.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

Of course! :smile: personally I think ships will be mods 2.0 and pave the way for regular guilds to finish heroic AAT
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Alright, someone start tracking damage at level 82/83, then see what it's at when you're 85.
  • Maybe these guys were complaining at level 75 that the Heroic Pit was too hard. :D
  • After releasing AAT raid, most of us will never finish it even in normal way (Since was released we are still in phase two..) and is not fun anymore..
    That is sad... because some of us will never grow our toons like others and from this point, the game will be broken in two, players with money and players without money..
    And guess what, EA will be happy and don't care about others without money, their focus is on the dark side :)
  • I just want a little faster animations, seems good outside that. People need to wait until they have level 85s to conclude if Heroic AAT is too difficult. It's only two cents, take it.

I'm not so sure about that. Level 85 will bring g11 for everyone. Roster size is important insofar as the entire guild needs four really strong teams, give or take. Getting toons to g11 will go a long way in getting those strong teams. You just have to keep plugging away at the raid until you can break through and get enough new raid gear to improve your teams.
  • Increasingly, what the AAT raid is teaching me is that this game is pointless. It was fun for a good long while. I enjoyed collecting and gearing my squads. Although painful, even farming stun cuffs wasn't too bad because there would be a noticeable performance improvement when moving up a gear level.

But now, even my best maxed heroes at gX-XI do jack squat in this raid. There is no motivation to bring more characters up to higher gear level; they won't matter either. What? Spend money to buy gear faster? I did some of that earlier, but what will that get me now? It won't make any difference. My whole guild would have to spend thousands of dollars each to build their rosters enough to finish this raid in a reasonable number of days. That isn't going to happen.

So I sit here and see with increasing clarity that the new gear is completely out of reach. My guild is finally half way through P4 Normal. I can expect to get maybe 20 pieces of salvage out of it. My reward for 2.5 weeks of mindless grinding. If I am extremely lucky, in two months I may have enough to craft a piece, but I doubt it. I will never get any of this new gear.

Now I'm all out of crystals, and not buying any more.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    sying wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Are you serious?

The new goal is to get your entire guild working towards level 85; farming the right toons; modding those toons; all getting as much damage as possible for the new raid. Once that is happening, a heroic AAT raid should be a lot easier. Any tier should be easier, really.

Look, a lot of guilds are already completing the raid. I'm sorry yours isn't. I'm sorry people are rage quiting. I think a lot of those people are short sighted, myself. I don't know why anyone thought the new raid was going to be easy. It's certainly not easy. But it will be, given a guild with good leadership and clear direction.

My point is the difference the new level cap/gear brings is miniscule compared to 2-3 gear levels previous cap raise brought. Nothing will magically change one we all hit 85. Me and many other in my guild already have the raid viable rosters. And I won't break it apart because all of a sudden -this is what it takes-.

There is a lot of ground between uncontrollably easy like rancor to extremely hard like AAT. What percent of the total existing guilds would you consider a raid to be decently hard? How many of those guilds have been able to complete it without the current hopping gap or without going through a merger? Have you played normal and see it as a viable alternative for the guilds that can't do heroic? Are you of the opinion this move didn't create paygrade seperation between the playerbase and it's all fine and expected?

• 3 levels gonna make a difference???? hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the cheerleaders are as outta touch as their heroes lets see..... how much difference did th 2 levels from 80 to 82 make???????? anyone....... hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Think the issue is a question of scale. Leveling to 85 will certainly make it a little easier, but it's not going to increase the damage output of your team by 50%. And most people that aren't completing heroic aren't even getting through P3.

Moreover, the gear required to take toons like Rey, Leia, Wiggs, etc to g11 is blocked by the new raid, and given how slowly the normal goes (our guild takes 5-7 days), it'll take a long time for us to get them there.

Most of the improvement must come strictly from farming and gearing the right teams, and a lot of them. Even for people that did farm Jawa and Jedi, they need to gear up droids, or some other dps teams to get through the final 2-3 percent.

Basically, the issue is that most people are off by far more than the 10% or whatever extra dmg 85 would give you. This puts undue pressure on guilds either to trade up or progress by the progress of their weakest links.
  • @noob22 I'm just fairly certain that players stuck at lower levels will fail to experience the HEROIC raids designed for their 85, geared, and modded heroes in the way they desire. That would be weird, right? It would be very weird if HEROIC level 85 raid would be doable by a bunch of 82s and 83s thinking they're hot stuff just because the old raid was a cakewalk.
  • Hey Jedi Hunter :p get rid of those weak links! Hope u had a fun Halloween.

Are you serious?

My point is the difference the new level cap/gear brings is miniscule compared to 2-3 gear levels previous cap raise brought. Nothing will magically change one we all hit 85. Me and many other in my guild already have the raid viable rosters. And I won't break it apart because all of a sudden -this is what it takes-.

There is a lot of ground between uncontrollably easy like rancor to extremely hard like AAT. What percent of the total existing guilds would you consider a raid to be decently hard? How many of those guilds have been able to complete it without the current hopping gap or without going through a merger? Have you played normal and see it as a viable alternative for the guilds that can't do heroic? Are you of the opinion this move didn't create paygrade seperation between the playerbase and it's all fine and expected?

I'm at a loss of what you're asking in that first question. Are you asking how many (percentage wise) guilds think the new raid is hard? I'm also not sure what you mean by hopping gap? Is that the gap between those willing to hop when hopping was acceptable and those not willing to hop?

I have not tried a normal. We haven't needed to. We're fortunate that way. I'm lucky to have joined my guild when I did. I do think the guilds should play whichever raid they are suited for. If heroic is too hard at the moment, go after normal. And really go after it. Get everybody on board and get this raid figured out.

Finally, I'm no whale. The separation isn't based off of pay. It's based off of those willing to go after the right toons and mods.
  • @noob22 I'm just fairly certain that players stuck at lower levels will fail to experience the HEROIC raids designed for their 85, geared, and modded heroes in the way they desire. That would be weird, right? It would be very weird if HEROIC level 85 raid would be doable by a bunch of 82s and 83s thinking they're hot stuff just because the old raid was a cakewalk.

Can you please talk to the guy in my guild who's convinced we can do well because we have 4 whales and 20 well geared for Rancor players?

• @OzwaldEMandius. Is this a serious question? Are you guys having trouble taking down Heroic Pit? I can point you to several guides in that section of the forum. :)
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Hey Jedi Hunter :p get rid of those weak links! Hope u had a fun Halloween.

My Halloween story as told through emojis:

>:):p:D:D;)<3:'(:o:s:s:s:s:s:sB)o:)
  • How are u ranked 1000 in the tank raid when u haven't finished one :p

@V1p3rdyn4sty dev update says there was only one leaderboard prior to today so I'm inclined to believe the mod from Reddit.

As for the other point, 85 isn't some magic number. It's only a few weeks away for most people, which isn't enough time to star, level, gear and mod 5 raid optimized teams. Sure, it gives us time to focus on this teams, but the normal version of the raid will be just as grindy and boring then as it is now.

It's not fun. It's not interesting. It's not do-able for the greater majority of guilds. The rewards are not worth the time sink. If they leave it as is, I am officially an F2P player, and the estimated revenue makes it look like plenty of others are as well.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    StarSon wrote: »

@V1p3rdyn4sty dev update says there was only one leaderboard prior to today so I'm inclined to believe the mod from Reddit.

As for the other point, 85 isn't some magic number. It's only a few weeks away for most people, which isn't enough time to star, level, gear and mod 5 raid optimized teams. Sure, it gives us time to focus on this teams, but the normal version of the raid will be just as grindy and boring then as it is now.

It's not fun. It's not interesting. It's not do-able for the greater majority of guilds. The rewards are not worth the time sink. If they leave it as is, I am officially an F2P player, and the estimated revenue makes it look like plenty of others are as well.

There were two leaderboards. There still is two leaderboards. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Here's my take on AAT raid.
    Our guild is in a decent shape, ranking top 200 on the leaderboard. Some whales, some ftp, most players played for 6 or more months, most are 80+. On the rancor raid a lot of us can solo any given phase, some can probably solo the entire T7.
    And here comes AAT...Mindless boring grind for 4-5 days. Miserable rewards. The factions that were promised to have special advantage - Jawas and Jedi - are performing as poorly as they normally do, especially Jedi. My Droids, Rebels and even Clones outscore them like 5..3 to 1.
    People are losing interest fast. We, the officers, are trying to keep the morale high, but it's getting difficult. I see other guilds falling apart. A sister guild, similar to ours power-wise, tried AAT heroic and didn't even complete the P2.
    At this point I tend to agree with those who think that the AAT raid needs some tuning... Especially the GG phase, when the enemies are healed/respawned so quickly my fastest toons cannot possibly keep up (and a man can have only so many +30 speed arrows in his mode collection).
    All in all, I like the idea, but the tuning is way off and rewards are not worth the efforts.

+1
    same story in different guilds
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited November 2016

Are you serious?

I'm at a loss of what you're asking in that first question. Are you asking how many (percentage wise) guilds think the new raid is hard? I'm also not sure what you mean by hopping gap? Is that the gap between those willing to hop when hopping was acceptable and those not willing to hop?

I have not tried a normal. We haven't needed to. We're fortunate that way. I'm lucky to have joined my guild when I did. I do think the guilds should play whichever raid they are suited for. If heroic is too hard at the moment, go after normal. And really go after it. Get everybody on board and get this raid figured out.

Finally, I'm no whale. The separation isn't based off of pay. It's based off of those willing to go after the right toons and mods.

First question was about flat out numbers of total amount of guilds existing vs. guilds that are able to complete heroic. Where do you think that should stand for the new raid to be considered balanced at a decent difficulty level? %1, %5, %10, pick a number. Then let's get to comparing current finishers vs. the amount of existing guilds.

My point about hopping/exploit will be out of circulation shortly. Opening the gates for hopping so the guilds can finish a raid is not a solution, it's just a loophole. CG seems to be of the same opinion as of now as this is going to change. But the current number of guilds that hit the finish line involves bugs/hoppers/exploiters.

If you are so sick and tired of reading people that complains about the new raid you should also know normal is not where it is at. It takes at least twice the time it takes to gather the coins to open it, for most it's taking triple, quadruple that time as they are still on their first run. This has nothing to do with studying the raid. Fully studied all the info that the playerbase unearthed till now, fully know what it takes to do both normal and heroic. The raid has rage counter in place. I'm not sure even TI would be able to melt normals at the pace of coin accumulation, maybe they are, the goal is 2.66 days just as a reminder. If normal was normal many people would have already cozied up into it and would have no problem waiting for their shot at heroic. Remember we are talking about an activity you have to constantly do, not something you need to prepare and do once like a tournament, the options provided has to be viable. So much for the EASIER raid tier.

Finally I'm not sure you are able to assess the current worth of your guilds total roster cost and those that does carry the bulk of damage it takes to finish one. Yes a -heroic enabled- guild can afford some weak links, but it still has to have a heavy spender make up. How many of the total player population are mid to high spenders? There is only so many people to divide between heroicing guilds.

So what's the solution you are providing besides mentioning your privilege to be in a guild that can do it; should we all just break our communities or shut up so the raid never gets adjusted?
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • T5 is coming. Around thanksgiving.