How to Take Down the Heroic AAT (intended for mix and FTP guilds)

Prev13
benacrow
2700 posts Member
edited November 2016
DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to help mix and FTP guilds to clear the heroic AAT raid with efficient use of ideal squads for each phase. All of the squads and strategies outlined apply to normal as well.

The idea of this guide is to help guilds determine if you are ready to take on the heroic AAT. This is very hard and discouraging game content at first, but please know that with the right strategy, it is achievable by any guild. The following details include tips and tricks that helped us clear it for the first time, so there is still room for improvement, but these squads and strategies are guaranteed successes in the raid. Now let's get to it.

Phase 1

Phase 1 Ideal Squad (and mods)
  • IGD (L) (offense, health)
  • Anakin (offense, health)
  • Aayla (crit chance, offense, and/or health)
  • QGJ (alt) (offense, health)
  • Ahsoka (alt) (crit damage, crit chance, and/or health)
  • Alternatives: Mace, Yoda, Plo, Eeth

Phase 1 Squad Strategy

The idea here is to anticipate enemy attacks (AOEs) and counter with high damage. Kill B2 first if he's being annoying, then focus all attacks on GG and repeat. There's not much you can do about the debuffs here aside from timing Yoda's BM well, or trying Aayla lead with tenacity mods, both of which are also valid strategies.

Phase 1 Guild Strategy

Each member should aim for about 5% in damage, which is about 200k. Take your time resetting until you get pleasureable RNG and log a good run in.
If done well, it should only take about 30 Jedi squads to complete when shooting for a minimum of 4 percent each.

Phase 2

Phase 2 Ideal Squad (and mods)
  • HK 47 (L) (crit damage, speed)
  • IG 88 (crit damage, speed)
  • IG 86 (crit damage, speed)
  • JE (health, protection, speed)
  • Nebit (health, protection, speed)

Phase 2 Squad Strategy

Topple as much as possible. The turrets all have very high health, so you'll need the added damage on the droids to take them down. All of JE and Nebit's attacks call an assist because of the raid mechanics, so use that accordingly. Use Nebit's taunt to reset cooldowns if needed.

Phase 2 Guild Strategy

Aim for around 4% each, which is 800k or so damage. This is easily doable if you can topple 3 times in a run. Other than that, don't ever let the top cannon fire.

Phase 3

Phase 3 Ideal Squad (and mods)
  • Chirpa (L) (health, speed)
  • EP (crit chance/damage or offense, speed)
  • STH (health, protection, crit avoidance)
  • RG (health, protection, crit avoidance)
  • SF (alt) (health, protection, crit avoidance)
  • Alternates: Poe, Chewie, HR Soldier, Gamorrean Guard, Bariss

Phase 3 Squad Strategy

EP is key to this phase. Basically, shock all adds, but do not kill them, even the one with the buff. Once all adds are shocked, make sure all of your taunters are taunting or are set to taunt, because they'll never get another turn. Continue to barrage the boss with EP's basic. This will occasionally cause him to counter and hit one of your taunting tanks, but EP will also be gaining 100% TM each time he uses his basic attack (90% gain from shocked enemies, 10% gain from Chirpa lead). This will continue back and forth until the boss has killed all of your tanks and finally EP.

Phase 3 Guild Strategy

Each shoot for around 3%, but this team has potential to do much more. Most teams using it got around 350k, with some upwards of 500k+. If needed, this phase will also require other randomly geared squads to get more damage in, as it is difficult to get damage in without the stated team above.

Phase 4

Phase 4 Ideal Squad
  • Wedge (L) (crit chance/damage, speed)
  • Biggs (crit chance/damage, speed)
  • Lando (crit chance/damage, speed)
  • Han (alt) (crit chance/damage, speed)
  • 5s (alt) (potency, speed)
  • Alternates: Leia, Phasma, AA

Phase 4 Squad Strategy

There are 2 main strategies here: toppling the AAT, and not toppling the AAT.

Topple: If you have Han and Leia as your alternates, use them for maximum dps and quickly take down the B2s before unloading AOEs on the turrets, which also have lots of health. Then when all turrets are down, attack as usual when toppled, but make sure either Han or Leia has buffed the entire team for the inevitable air strike following. Then repeat until death.

No Topple: if you don't have the required firepower to take down the turrets and B2s quickly enough, then use 5s or Phasma in the last slot to apply slow to the tank and turrets. You'll still need to kill the B2s, but they'll never respawn if you don't topple. Then kill the top turret and 1 side turret whenever they respawn. Otherwise, attack the tank with everything you've got. As a last resort, if you're about to die anyways, finally topple the tank with the expectation of being wiped by the dropship airstrike.

Phase 4 Guild Strategy

Each wiggs team should be able to get at least 3-4% here, or 800k+ damage. It is easy to get above 1mil in a run with great mods and gear.

After using your rebels, throw everything else you've got in to get the job done.

Total Health Breakdown
4M/20M/12M/12M

Best of luck to any guilds attempting heroic now. These are the teams I'd advise farming if you are unsure who to farm or how to progress. Obviously these teams perform best at G10+, but some G9s will also get the job done when mixed in with other highly geared characters. We were defeating the normal AAT in 2 refreshes (3 days total) before clearing heroic.

Feel free to post any questions or comments because this is only our findings so far and will definitely evolve as more raids are completed by more and more guilds.

EDIT: Bariss added to P3 alternates.
FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
Post edited by benacrow on

Replies

• Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    +1

Props for taking the time to post this all here.

Now if only it wasn't impossible to recruit a few good players with good rosters!
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »
    +1

Now if only it wasn't impossible to recruit a few good players with good rosters!

Haha thanks, and I totally agree; it's very difficult to recruit currently. We had to do a guild merger to get enough good players!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Thanks for doing this. Very cool & pretty accurate from my experience. :)

(Full disclosure, I am an Eeth Fan in p1.. he is easy to gear and he's been hitting great for me... I understand that others have not had the same experience, but I like his crits)
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    benacrow wrote: »
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    +1

Haha thanks, and I totally agree; it's very difficult to recruit currently. We had to do a guild merger to get enough good players!

Yeah, luckily we found a small guild to merge with and got like 10 new players, but we are really only at like 40-42 active. It really does suck. I post every day in the guild section and get no replies. Most of us have been playing since launch, and we've lost a few folks with high level rosters (quitting or switching guilds). I'm not about to abandon my guild either just to work on getting Kenobi faster.

Congrats on beating herioc btw.

(Full disclosure, I am an Eeth Fan in p1.. he is easy to gear and he's been hitting great for me... I understand that others have not had the same experience, but I like his crits)

I've never liked him lol, but he is a good candidate for a 5th spot since he has good damage potential. Plus many have him from the Yoda challenge so couldn't hurt to include that horned menace anyways ;)
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Also, did you not find Ugnaught useful in P3?

How about you @BentWookiee ? What was your P3 squad?
  • Best information on the raid so far. Thank you very much for posting. THE space slugs may try heroic next implementin this strategy. Which guild are you in?
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    D
    Post edited by V1p3rdyn4sty on
  • Best information on the raid so far. Thank you very much for posting. THE space slugs may try heroic next implementin this strategy. Which guild are you in?

Mighty Chlorians. Best of luck to you guys too! It's definitely tough and requires careful attacking to make sure damage isn't wasted, but most importantly, it isn't a race so taking your time to get good runs is key.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this. Very cool & pretty accurate from my experience. :)

I've never liked him lol, but he is a good candidate for a 5th spot since he has good damage potential. Plus many have him from the Yoda challenge so couldn't hurt to include that horned menace anyways ;)

I use him in place of Ashoka.. I just seem to get Crit,Crit, Crit out of him.. but that is prolly just RNG, I have others say he is awful. :|

I have played with the one outlined (it seems kind of RNG dependent as well), I kind of enjoy an Old Ben Lead, with Ugnaught, and lots of Aoe.. but again that is RNG dependent as well.

P3 is hard. :/

(I did do very well with a Poe team once as well,(> 750k) but have not seemed to be able to duplicate that since.
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »

He'd be fine there until you get the ideal squad. He'd be useless in there with Chirpa and EP because literally no one besides EP and the boss gain TM at all.

However, TFP may be gold here as well once he is farmable since he gains massive TM as well on basic with debuffed enemies.
  • @Amish_Ace Ugnaught is useful in P3 and is part of my P3 B-team. The renowned P3 A-team that was mentioned above can achieve scores like this and higher:
    a2mmaoihjohe.png

I use him in place of Ashoka.. I just seem to get Crit,Crit, Crit out of him.. but that is prolly just RNG, I have others say he is awful. :|

I have played with the one outlined (it seems kind of RNG dependent as well), I kind of enjoy an Old Ben Lead, with Ugnaught, and lots of Aoe.. but again that is RNG dependent as well.

(I did do very well with a Poe team once as well,(> 750k) but have not seemed to be able to duplicate that since.

Was the Poe team a resistance team? If so I bet the exposes were amazing, but that would indeed be difficult to replicate.

He'd be fine there until you get the ideal squad. He'd be useless in there with Chirpa and EP because literally no one besides EP and the boss gain TM at all.

However, TFP may be gold here as well once he is farmable since he gains massive TM as well on basic with debuffed enemies.

You read my mind.. 60 shards away! :D
  • Bennet wrote: »
    @Amish_Ace Ugnaught is useful in P3 and is part of my P3 B-team. The renowned P3 A-team that was mentioned above can achieve scores like this and higher:
    a2mmaoihjohe.png

Ah perfect, I was looking for a screenshot of that comp to include but posting pics here is rather difficult...

But I agree, that team has loads more potential esp when fully geared.

Was the Poe team a resistance team? If so I bet the exposes were amazing, but that would indeed be difficult to replicate.

OK for some reason I wrote "poe" No idea why.. :/ It was a Wedge\Biggs team.. REBELS.

Sorry long day on the forums. :|

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    .. and yes, I realize I could edit\clean up.. but I am speaking as player not "Mod", sometimes people do not realize I am both. :|
  • Bennet wrote: »
    @Amish_Ace Ugnaught is useful in P3 and is part of my P3 B-team. The renowned P3 A-team that was mentioned above can achieve scores like this and higher:
    a2mmaoihjohe.png

Yeah I did half that and was "happy". :/

OK for some reason I wrote "poe" No idea why.. :/ It was a Wedge\Biggs team.. REBELS.

Sorry long day on the forums. :|

Ah very good no worries. I was gonna say though, how the hell did you pull that one together lol.
  • What's the best mods you can put on Ep for this. As speed is only needed for the initial putting of shocks is it better for example to go offense on arrow?
  • Bomroll wrote: »
    What's the best mods you can put on Ep for this. As speed is only needed for the initial putting of shocks is it better for example to go offense on arrow?

Yeah go offense on arrow, but the speed is just to get him started. Decent speed secondaries should do the trick.
  • I am in the same guild as original poster, most of us did not have all the required elements for the phase 3 team mentioned, but those who did were hitting in excess of 350k with one team for what is widely considered the most difficult phase.

A second strategy that some of us without the required toons used was
    Old Ben (l)
    Ugnaught
    Yoda
    Rey
    Jawa.

All characters with natural dodge under an old Ben lead. Use this team as your second phase 3 team when you have already built enemy turn meter with your first. Use Jawa , Ugnaught and old Ben to stun and ability block the buffed adds and allow Rey to hit the boss as often as possible
    Empire Relic

Do you have him modded for crit chance? I took him to gear 9 for the raid but I did not see a ton of crit so.
    Empire Relic
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Wow
    @benacrow ,this is a very cool guide! How did you find out about p3? You guys seem to be very devoted to game!

I was trying it with my ughnaught and no where close to such results
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited November 2016

Do you have him modded for crit chance? I took him to gear 9 for the raid but I did not see a ton of crit so.

I have 4potency and 2 health mods.. the adds are as follow.

+1737 Health
    +5277 Prot
    +9 Speed
    +30% Crit Dmg
    +29.2 Pot
    +1.9 Ten
    +371 P DMG
    +4.16 Crit Chance

SD +538
    SCD +4.16

Nothing spectacular.. leftover mods, He is 84 g10 (one from G11.. that comes at 85) I have his Force push Omega'd and it crits NICE.

On the other hand I am the guy that accidentally burnt his first Omega on Lumi's basic. not sure *anyone* should listen to me.. :/

(Maraxus and Trill are the GODS of theory crafting )
  • Zeus23 wrote: »
    Wow
    @benacrow ,this is a very cool guide! How did you find out about p3? You guys seem to be very devoted to game!

I was trying it with my ughnaught and no where close to such results

Hey thanks! We already had the EP part down, but as I'm sure a few other guilds found out, the Chirpa lead was a unique find.

lol unfortunately Uggy seems to shine in P3 with OB lead, but it's just tough to match EP's damage output. Also the other 3 jawas (Dathcha, jawa, and Scav) all turned out to be not super useful, at least compared to the alternatives.
  • leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I appreciate the effort, but this is a pretty bad guide is it is designed for people to gauge whether the guild is ready for heroic. To argue that you need these specific teams isn't accurate and kind of furthers how weak the raid is. You don't have to have a lot of this, and the main goal is too see if people have the patience to retreat a billion times until they can do 2% damage for each phase. The real metric is whether you have at least 40 7 star teams and a lot of G10 and modded toons. I saw this P3 tactic earlier. If you came up with it, you are awesome. If not, still spreading the gospel I suppose. It does make the second worst phase easily doable if you have the time to piddle around
  • Thanks for posting man! Bookmarked!
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I appreciate the effort, but this is a pretty bad guide is it is designed for people to gauge whether the guild is ready for heroic. To argue that you need these specific teams isn't accurate and kind of furthers how weak the raid is. You don't have to have a lot of this, and the main goal is too see if people have the patience to retreat a billion times until they can do 2% damage for each phase. The real metric is whether you have at least 40 7 star teams and a lot of G10 and modded toons. I saw this P3 tactic earlier. If you came up with it, you are awesome. If not, still spreading the gospel I suppose. It does make the second worst phase easily doable if you have the time to piddle around

/modoff
    Again.. I am speaking as a "player".

ARE YOU KIDDING?
    This is great!!.. (BTW read your post in the voice of Eeyore ( i suggest everyone does *before* you lend *any* credibility to this comment)..what do you want? Maybe people to log on and play it for you?)

This might be some of the most salient advice in a long time.. Just saying.

/modon

In any case, thanks for the advice. Sometimes I really miss just being a player... :|

• I've been kicking around for so long, I remember when you were just a player.