Is stormtrooper han any good?

He seems to be the only taunt beside chewbacca.

Replies

• If your thinking about how to spend arena tokens, consider the team you'll add to him or the team you'll build around him. I think in a bubble he doesn't seem bad, but relative to what else you could purchase with those tokens….hard to say. Im saving until I have at least 50 then I'll decide but I'm leaning Darth Sidious because he fits into every team possible pvp or cantina battle.
  • Yeah. I am thinking about getting him first or Darth Sidious first. I would have to wait for awhile if I chose Sid. He s 80 shards
  • You may want to consider Barriss Offee her healing ability has been amazing. I've seen her take characters from almost nothing all the way up.
  • I already have Barriss Offee :)
  • Build around a particular leader skill.

If you managed to get Lando, build a scoundrel team.
    Hk47 or Genosian, build a Droid team
    Barriss, build a jedi team

Honesty, right now the FOTM is jedi team, playing either the counter attack formation (ima-gun-di) or healing formation.
  • I will be adding more videos for Heroes and their performance at current end game aka lvl 60 *6/*7

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28/current-meta-pvp-sharing#latest
    My Ally Code -813-329-945
    LVL 60
  • Just 4* Trooper Han with full purple gear today. All i can say is he is not worth it right now because of rampant sid team.

His health is quite low for a tanker, and since sid or ig88 heal immunity, healer cant heal him.

Result is a dead Han before his skill can be utilized fully.

Really wasted my resources on him.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the info. Yeah Sid s healing immuity is a pain.
  • I Think only at llvl 60 we can say which char is good. I Have han at 35 and lvl 4, he have to less live in my eyes.
    Mein YouTube Channel mit Star Wars Heros Videos
    Teekanne - German
  • I've got Han at level 60. He isn't very good. He's kind of a waste right now. Luke on the other hand, I'm pleased with.
  • Im I'm only level 34 at the moment, and am already disappointed in how stormtrooper Han fairs as compaired to Chewy and even Teebo or w/e his name is.
  • For me, his increase turn meter skill is more gimmick than useful. Its better to pick other character who have direct increase speed as leader skill. For now Im gonna let him sleep until other player who have more success with Han share more info. ;)
  • Right now he's just fodder for the Galactic War grind.
  • You could actually use Han to build a tank + speed reduction team.

the setup would be something like this:
    1. Barriss (leader)
    2. Obi Wan
    3. StormTrooper Han
    4. CT 5s
    5. <debatable slot>

This set up p much speaks for itself. Barriss leading the tank crusade, Obi WaYou could actually use Han to build a tank + speed reduction team.

1. Barriss (leader)
    2. Obi Wan
    3. StormTrooper Han
    4. CT 5s
    5. <debatable slot>

This set up p much speaks for itself. Barriss leading the tank crusade, Obi Wan with his high def and dodge, Jedi Mind tricks and IYSMD..
    Han is able to increase the turn meter of your team and has taunt. On top of that he has Bluff which has a chance of removing 10% of your all of your opp's turn meter. CT 5s with his counters and speed reduction moves and lastly
    You can utilize the final slot for another debuffer to give your opponent extra headache..pref someone who has stunt. Someone like Daka, Dooku or Lumi for her heal and ability block nuke.. :)
  • Good Info, I just need to unlock Bariss first though. 15 more shard in maybe 2-3 weeks.
  • I'll be getting Han tomorrow, because he was the fastest good replacement for Ewok. I'm working on Jedi guardian, but that is slower for less shards. I got myself to rank 183 in a week, but now I'm up against bought teams with much less force strength that still kick my ****. I know by next week my strategy will beat their wallets.
  • Also something went wrong with my post, I've done goof....my apologies :p
  • He still seems a little too random
  • He sucks. Chewbacca is so much better. He has no health/defense. I'm trying to gear him up to see if he gets strong enough that his taunt doesn't mean suicide. I'm sure they will fix him at some point, and I am hopeful that his health gets a boost.
  • ZarAzi wrote: »
    You could actually use Han to build a tank + speed reduction team.

1. Barriss (leader)
    2. Obi Wan
    3. StormTrooper Han
    4. CT 5s
    5. <debatable slot>

This set up p much speaks for itself. Barriss leading the tank crusade, Obi WaYou could actually use Han to build a tank + speed reduction team.

1. Barriss (leader)
    2. Obi Wan
    3. StormTrooper Han
    4. CT 5s
    5. <debatable slot>

This set up p much speaks for itself. Barriss leading the tank crusade, Obi Wan with his high def and dodge, Jedi Mind tricks and IYSMD..
    Han is able to increase the turn meter of your team and has taunt. On top of that he has Bluff which has a chance of removing 10% of your all of your opp's turn meter. CT 5s with his counters and speed reduction moves and lastly
    You can utilize the final slot for another debuffer to give your opponent extra headache..pref someone who has stunt. Someone like Daka, Dooku or Lumi for her heal and ability block nuke.. :)

I might try that setup later. I will need to level/gear up other chars first (especially Dark Side - too weak now). My Daka, Lumi are currently laying there at level 1. Don't have enough energy to gear them up yet (need to gear up my current Pvp team to not drop in ranks).
  • I consider he's actually VERY good. I just made it to rank 1 on the Arena ladder (the moment of glory shall be short I'm sure) using (all level 58):
    1. Luke (6 star) leader, to protect from debuff/stuns
    2. Lumi (5 star)
    3. StormTrooper Han (5 star)
    4. Poggle (4 star)
    5. Duku (4 star)

Han just gives insane momentum to your team from the few hits he takes before going down. Those extra hits are buffed in turn by Poggle, which enables Luke + Lumi to do some serious damage. I was actually disappointed at some point for having chosen Han over Sid, but I've changed my mind since.

Luke I got through Cantina, Lumi GW, Han in Arena. Poggle was a random draw from the free Data cards, and Duku from the 5$ darkside pack. Duku will be replaced as he's too hard to level.

I have been playing since launch and have spent around 60$ on this (2x 20$ packs, Darkside pack, 2xdaily crystals), and spend most of that daily: 2x Cantina refils, 2-4 regular battle refils, and ocasionaly an arena refil to push forward (WhipiT rules ;)
  • Han is the best tank, he taunt for 2 turns and gives ur allies 20-40% turnmeters per enemy attack him
  • The necro is strong in this one
  • Lol @ necro. He talking like it was just posted.
  • Back on necro topic- I see Stormtrooper gets +30% max dmg with the yellow gold thingy.

Coupled with RG + Health up he always does first, and with Vader lead for 30% dmg, he can actualy crit for like 8k. At gear X I bet something mystical happens.

Anoyne brave enough to see what's up with this toon? WHAT IS HIS PURPOSE?
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I like him with RG and lumi, I feel he's close to being very usefull but not quite :/ (I mean op top usefull)0
    Post edited by Lcb12321 on
  • Hovered in the 50s with Dooku (L), GS, RG, QGJ, and Lumi/Phasma/anything else I had 7* of.

Put 7* STHan in that spot, moved to finishing consistently in high 20s, low 30s.

7* Daka on Wednesday, so rearranged my team to STHan (L), GS, RG, QGJ, and Daka. Finished low teens last two days.

Your results may vary, but I am exceedingly pleased. I don't think he is viable before 7* and purple gear. I also saw some advice (too late for me to use) that suggested holding off on improving his basic skill, as it can give him turn meter, which burns off his taunt faster.