Help galactic wars

Prev13
I'm on the last stage about to fight
Chewie level 4
Sid level 4
Jedi counselor level 3
Talia level 3
Poe level 3

Any suggested strategies? Who should I go for first?

Replies

• God, I wish I play that combo always, would make me spend less time retreating...
  • It's like all I see. Or like ashoka and another healer jedi
  • Since the level 70 patch I had no issues with GW matches, I finally had faith that matchmaking was fair, until it matched my 5/6 star level 60's against a full 7 star level 64. What kind of failed algorithm did they concoct that decided that was fair, last fight sure, 4 fights from the end? Come on now...
  • Fox8907 wrote: »
    Since the level 70 patch I had no issues with GW matches, I finally had faith that matchmaking was fair, until it matched my 5/6 star level 60's against a full 7 star level 64. What kind of failed algorithm did they concoct that decided that was fair, last fight sure, 4 fights from the end? Come on now...

The teams from the last 4 fights usually are 1-2 stars stronger than you. What's your GW team like?
  • 6* Sid, Lumi, and Consular, 5* Asaaj, 4* whoever else I need. Up until today I've faced pretty even teams throughout the entire GW rather than it starting easy and getting harder, today is started even and got stupid lol. Used a throw away team of first order to nuke the healer then beat them with my main team no problem, but shouldn't have to burn a team so early imo. The fight afterwards was all level 59's so figured that would come before the 64's, oh well just ranting.
  • I get that every day for the last 4 fights.
  • SlyKrysis
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm generally happy when I complete the day and I'm sub #200 rank in Arena, but I'm wondering if I can get below #100 with a few improvements.

My A-team power is 21,214 and I usually go down to about #150 rank at the end of the day, then I creep back up to #275+ the next day (so obviously my team sucks on D).
    • 4* Bariss(Lead)
    • 7* Lumi
    • 6* Sid (soon 7)
    • 6* Phasma
    • 5* Kylo

Should I switch Bariss out completely, or just swap her with Phasma lead?

Below are some screen caps of my characters. Anything I can do to make my A-team better, or maybe switch to a different team?

Characters:
    imgur.com/a/yLwBJ
    Post edited by SlyKrysis on
  • Geo Soldier and FOTP; get them leveled up, starred up and gear up ASAP for damage galore.
  • I will be 7*'ing Sideous and Phasma this week too if that changes anything.

I am also working on starring IG-86 after Phasma gets 7*, and after 7* Sid I'll work on unlocking and starring HK47 -> IG-88 while also working on Poggle. I want to try the droid team.

How far do I need to * GS and FOTP for them to be competitive?
  • My GS was 4* up until yesterday and he was 4* for about 3 weeks, during which time I never finished outside the top 10 in arena. He's a heavy hitter, just make sure you build his gear up.
  • My GS was 4* up until yesterday and he was 4* for about 3 weeks, during which time I never finished outside the top 10 in arena. He's a heavy hitter, just make sure you build his gear up.

Do you use crystals to get an extra 5 battles per day?
  • SlyKrysis wrote: »
    My GS was 4* up until yesterday and he was 4* for about 3 weeks, during which time I never finished outside the top 10 in arena. He's a heavy hitter, just make sure you build his gear up.

Do you use crystals to get an extra 5 battles per day?

No. I think doing so is a huge waste.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    I would use Phasma as leader, switch Daka for Bariss for now. Best GW rewards are Phasma, then Poggle and Lumi. I actually think you can wait for 86. I am currently upstaring Resistant Pilot, who I feel is underrated by the community and should synergize well with Phasma's leadership.

Eventually, I think you would realize Poe is OP...
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Sysy wrote: »
    I would use Phasma as leader, switch Daka for Bariss for now. Best GW rewards are Phasma, then Poggle and Lumi. I actually think you can wait for 86. I am currently upstaring Resistant Pilot, who I feel is underrated by the community and should synergize well with Phasma's leadership.

Eventually, I think you would realize Poe is OP...

Are Poe, Boba, or JC good replacements for Bariss at all (keeping Phasma as lead)?
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    SlyKrysis wrote: »

Are Poe, Boba, or JC good replacements for Bariss at all (keeping Phasma as lead)?

JC can be dropped except for GW and LS missions, and 5 star him will be more than enough.

If you really put Barriss on your team, you should pair her with Lumi to maximize the healing power. But every time I see an arena team with Barriss, I am relieved. Because I know in terms of offence it is a 5v4 game. The difference Barriss makes at best is to make your toon live one more turn. But if your opponent's dps are in 4-6k range, and have Poe, the target will fall prey before Barriss has the chance to save him/her.

Barriss, however, is a dominating existence in GW as leader. 4 stars are enough for that purpose.

I have Boba at 5 stars and VIII. I am not impressed when he is not leader mainly because of speed. Even if he is leader, Poe can still make sure that the balance of the fight (action sequence) is on his side to debuff or even kill your dps.

Boba is, however, my leader in Tank challenges and is very helpful there.

To sum up, I would suggest getting all of them, but 7 star Poe if you want better ranks at arena.

• I'm confused what everyone is complaining about with the retreat function? What did it used to do? When I retreat all it does is restart how I entered the battle. It doesn't revive dead players.
  • It used to be when you retreated, your characters kept the same health they had and you could sub in backups if need be. This gave the mode more strategy since you could choose when to swap out characters. At the same time though, it had an issue where all negative and positive effects disappeared so you could use it to get rid of say Sid's damage over time effect or get rid of an AI taunt.

The new way arguably makes the mode easier, at least if one is willing or has the time to restart a battle if they don't like the way it has gone. The old way was a bit easier at times since you could put in those scrub characters to take a bit of damage and get the AI to use their abilities and then pull them before they all die unlike now where they will die if you put them in.

Me personally, I am fine with the new style since I have completed it every day since the change, even if I do think it's lessened the enjoyment of the mode.
  • Raventrob
    242 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I never even knew about retreat until all those forum stuff haha. I mean I guess it would be nice with the old way but whatever. Makes it more of a challenge even though I can't complete the darn thing. Only did once when I was lower level.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • The old way was not about strategy at all. All you needed to so was get Sid, Dooku and Lumi which are some of the fastest toons. Fight till Lumi gets her turn, retreat and fight again. You are trying to reset lumi's heal cooldown so you can get a heal off and only allow the other team to get one or two attacks in before you retreated again. If the team you face against has all slow heroes, they would only get one attack in before you retreated while you get three attacks in. GW was way easier back then. Now, you actually have to have a team that can survive through the battles or keep on doing the time consuming retreat until you find the right combo that will win the fight.
  • @Sysy - Thanks for the input, I was leaning to subbing her out for Poe or even Daka or Asajj, but now that QGJ is available in cantina and I have him at 4* already, now I'm wondering if he would fit well.
  • So I'm basically looking for any tips that will help me clear GW battles completely. At lower levels I was able to complete the GW fully through 5 times without breaking a sweat. Now at level 65 I'm unable to pass the 3rd stage, I get between the 9th-12th battle and come up against teams with 5 7* toons all gear VII/VII and they are super hard. Obviously at level 65 I have a strong lineup with a versatile B team but still haven't managed to clear GW since I hit level 60. Any ideas or feedback will be hugely appreciated as I'm so close to getting my Lumi 7* but it's taken some time due to not clearing GW fully anymore
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    QGJ is certainly a very strong and quick dps. He is even better under Phasma leadership. But Poe is the game changer. So if you can live with other dps such as Ig86, Sid, or even resistance pilot, I would suggest staring up Poe first before QGJ.
  • The only option is to pay way too much money to get MULTIPLE 7 star fully geared heroes. The last 3 battles are so ridiculous that most teams will be killed easily by them.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    MaceMazer wrote: »
    So I'm basically looking for any tips that will help me clear GW battles completely. At lower levels I was able to complete the GW fully through 5 times without breaking a sweat. Now at level 65 I'm unable to pass the 3rd stage, I get between the 9th-12th battle and come up against teams with 5 7* toons all gear VII/VII and they are super hard. Obviously at level 65 I have a strong lineup with a versatile B team but still haven't managed to clear GW since I hit level 60. Any ideas or feedback will be hugely appreciated as I'm so close to getting my Lumi 7* but it's taken some time due to not clearing GW fully anymore

I'd be interested in seeing your lineup. Its a little unusual for a level 65 player to not have a 7* Lumni
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    J7000 wrote: »
    MaceMazer wrote: »
    So I'm basically looking for any tips that will help me clear GW battles completely. At lower levels I was able to complete the GW fully through 5 times without breaking a sweat. Now at level 65 I'm unable to pass the 3rd stage, I get between the 9th-12th battle and come up against teams with 5 7* toons all gear VII/VII and they are super hard. Obviously at level 65 I have a strong lineup with a versatile B team but still haven't managed to clear GW since I hit level 60. Any ideas or feedback will be hugely appreciated as I'm so close to getting my Lumi 7* but it's taken some time due to not clearing GW fully anymore

I'd be interested in seeing your lineup. Its a little unusual for a level 65 player to not have a 7* Lumni

(Leader) Sid Level 65 / Gear VIII 7*
    Lumi Level 63 / Gear VII 6*
    Dooku Level 62 / Gear VIII 4*
    Poggle Level 62 / Gear VII 4*
    JC Level 60 / Gear VIII 6*

Also using a few other toons regularly for GW
    Ventress Level 60 / Gear VII 4*
    Phasma Level 55 / Gear VII 3*
    Kylo Level 55 / Gear VI 5*
  • Just wanted to update since this post was made:

Last night I finished at ~ rank #153. I woke up this morning and I was still at ~178 as opposed to #280+ with Bariss as leader. So it seems that simply switching Bariss for Phasma as lead has helped a lot.

For today, only using 3/5 arenas so far, I'm already down to #111, so I do believe I'll be sub 100 easily going forward.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    You face the best teams in the Galaxy and if yours isn't one then you aren't meant to finish GW.
  • I heard that the competition is based off of your highest *. So if you have 1 7*, you will up your competition to the highest level. I noticed that when I got my first 6* I lost 2 times in a row, but the 3rd game I had 4 6* and now GW is easy again. That is one of the reasons I am holding off on getting my first 7* till i have enough to make 3 of them.
  • The best thing to do is learn to manage your heals in the most effective way and build some people that can help you but it doesnt hurt you to lose. I am also level 65 and have cleared it every day since the change occurred. I usually lose between 1-3 people along the way but just have to choose when to sacrifice one of my top guys. My team is:

Sid 7* Gear 8 lv 65
    JC 7* Gear 8 lv 65
    Lumi 7* Gear 8 lv 65
    ST Han 6* Gear 7 lv 65
    Phasma 7* Gear 7 lv 64
    Dooku 5* Gear 8 lv 64
    Poe 5* gear 8 Lv 64
    Daka 5* gear 7 lv 61
    Ackbar 4* gear 6 lv 60
    Barriss 4* gear 6 lv 60
    Vader 4* gear 7 lv 60
    Old Ben 4* gear 7 lv 60

I started on global launch and have spent for the dooku starter and a few chromium subs when they were the 5$ variety so not f2p but not a huge amount either. I usually hit Lumi's heal either round 1 or 2 even if my team is relatively high health because the heal over time effect will keep them standing for the next 2 rounds and the heal will be recharged by the next fight. I always heal early so they are back up the next round. I keep Lumi as lead for evasion and her heal effect. Barriss is my backup healer if JC dies and for fights I need her as leader for extra health. Poe and Han come in for my toughest fights. Their taunts protect my low health guys and they both give great turn manipulation. Poe never survives his fight but Han survives about 50% of the time with decent health since he goes later so gets the big boost from Lumi's heal and her heal over time. The first few days of the change were the hardest and now I have my strategy down and I clear it quicker than I did before the change.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Mizo wrote: »
    You face the best teams in the Galaxy and if yours isn't one then you aren't meant to finish GW.

Heh--That is a catchy tag line!
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct