Game is getting boring part 2

Dawnofdeadeye
233 posts Member
edited November 2016
Anyone else disappointed in the new Raid only have T6 andT7? Want ideas? Here's one. Make easier Tiers. My guild takes around 4-5 days for a T6 Rancor. At this point after 2 weeks in a T6 AAT we are at 90% in P2. P2!!!!!!! So, you figure at 2 weeks we've done 1 phase. So, I think this Raid will take us about 2 months. 2 months!!!! I'm just autoing it because it's frustrating to do 1 raid for 2 months and actually try for those weak rewards. We can only bank 150k coins for AAT raid, so we're just sitting maxed out the entire time. Give us easier tiers for Guilds that aren't whales. There are guilds doing T7 Rancor in 30min and it takes them a week on T6 AAT.

Here is another idea. Drops are taking forever. I need like 500+ stun cuffs. With the drop rates, etc...it will take forever. New challenges didn't help. Why give us orange pieces that just need another 50 of a different gear + higher levels to even use. Here is an idea. Add some pieces that most non-whales need to the gear challenges. I'd rather have seen the pieces that need 50 purple gear added to challenges and had to farm pieces in orange. At least I could get my toons past gear 8 or 9 quicker before getting stuck needing to farm 500 again.

The daily grind with no real payoff is making this game boring since it takes so long to do everything.
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Oh yeah...I forgot...ships is coming to give us more to do. I don't need more time spent on a mobile game. My battery requires charging at some point ya know.

I also didn't mention raid gear. I've been needing droid callers forever. Gonna have to resort to buying from guild store because can't ever get any drops of raid gear in position 1 or 2. Rewards just stink. The whole process is taking way too long to get anywhere once reach level 80+. That's why putting purple 50 pc gear in the gear challenges would've made a hell of a lot more sense for level 81+ imo.
  • Options
    IBC
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Volaar wrote: »
    IBC

As long as everyone is civil and within the Forum Guidelines, it's a safe place to share your thoughts. :)

Sorry to hear some players are feeling the grind a little harder. When it gets to me, I re-evalute my plans in-game and narrow it down to something smaller, like getting one of my favorites ONE new piece of gear at a time, or making a certain amount of crystals off Arena that day. Sizing up 'winning' does NOT have to include having the required heroes for 'God-Mode' in multiple areas of the game. There's a special few who have rosters that deep. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    They will fix the AAT raid. I get the impression is was designed for pre-nerfed mods and they just let it go live to show us how stupid we were for getting our panties all in a tissy over Rey hitting for 200K.
  • Options
    "safe place" hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this "forum" is hillarious LMAO
  • Options
    Most societies have rules you have to play by to be included, it's true. I mean, even the game here...yup, good to be part of the forum. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    noob22 wrote: »
    "safe place" hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this "forum" is hillarious LMAO

You know, you don't always have to be a troll.
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r Gotta catch them all haha
  • Options
    Remember it's EA your expectations should be very low
  • Options
    I agree w/ the game becoming boring. It's like the devs are too lazy to have multiple metas going at the same time. It's so boring to constantly see the same teams over and over again I the arena. What's that, another EP led team w/ Stormtrooper Han and RG? Wow, so exciting.
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r Gotta catch them all haha

I don't think that's possible ;)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Inb4 close
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm a bit bored and it's starting to feel a bit too grindy... but here's my list:

1. When I started the game everyone was complaining about how long Dooku took with his ridiculous animations; they added protection and sped up the animations across the board. I would think they would have made mental note: "Users don't like slow animations", however they did not and we have ridiculously slow tank / droid animations in the new raid which adds to the boredom <queue the auto music>

2. They mentioned looking at raid balance and have since not said anything; guilds are getting ripped apart and guild members are frustrated because the Heroic level raid appears to be long ahead in a galaxy far far away. Maybe ships can be used in the raid to give everyone hope? If so just say it...

3. It's a bit disappointing that while we all need that shiny new raid gear, it hasn't been added to the guild shop and a lot of the lower tier gear wasn't added to the challenges. I really expected to be have an easier time getting new toons to previous levels and to have to grind to achieve upper levels. But that's not the case... it's still going to be a grind to get to previous levels and then an over sized enormous grind to achieve new max gear levels.

Basically I would just appreciate some heads up as to what plans are... do we try to do mergers to build super guilds or is that going to be rewarded with a big fat nerf to the raid and then the super guilds are going to be left with the over powered dilemma that the rancor raid showed us.

Always good to see punk keeping it lively here : )
  • Options
    There's a purgatory between Rancor and AAT. You can rip through several phases of Rancor solo but you limited your toons because that's all the economy supports, no more than 7-10.

So you try to farm and gear and support 4-7 full teams 7* while repeated doing rancor over and over for endless months until it's no longer fun but work or you can dump your old guild and hope someone takes someone that can't really contribute.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    @Dawnofdeadeye, can you clear something up for me? I dont really understand your post. First you complain about how boring the game is and that you want more playable content, then you say:
    Oh yeah...I forgot...ships is coming to give us more to do. I don't need more time spent on a mobile game. My battery requires charging at some point ya know.

Do you want more content or not? Either way you're getting it, and you'll keep getting it as long as people spend money on the game.

Also, you complain about the tedium of farming gear. If you you haven't learned by now, this game (like every game ever created) is designed to become more difficult and take longer as you progress. When you first start playing, everything is cheap and quick to get. But as you go on, you have more characters to farm and more teams to develop. As you grow as a player, you're expected to have more patience to earn better rewards. If quality gear was just as plentiful and easy to get as other gear, you would lose the satisfaction of finally getting that piece you've been farming for days and everyone else would have that same gear as well. The good, serious players are distinguished by their patience and dedication to the game.

And everyone needs to give EA a break. They continue to consistently roll out updates regardless of nitpickers like the people in this thread. And anybody who says they don't listen to complaints needs to take a closer look at the list of bugs they add to the end of every single update. They do listen and they do fix things. And if they can't, they respond and explain why.

• Options
    @DatBoi
    "If quality gear was just as plentiful and easy to get as other gear, you would lose the satisfaction of finally getting that piece you've been farming for days and everyone else would have that same gear as well. The good, serious players are distinguished by their patience and dedication to the game."

This comment is false. I'm not sure how long you've been playing for but what makes a good player is how much money they are willing to spend. Quality gear is both plentiful and easy to get if you want to spend the money. Also, if you look in arena, every one has the same toons, gear, and mods unless you're buying crystals. At least that's how it is on my server. And we don't need to take it easy on EA. They're a multibillion dollar company. I think they can handle some complaints from frustrated gamers.

• Mvnson
    234 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    @Dawnofdeadeye, can you clear something up for me? I dont really understand your post. First you complain about how boring the game is and that you want more playable content, then you say:

Do you want more content or not? Either way you're getting it, and you'll keep getting it as long as people spend money on the game.

Also, you complain about the tedium of farming gear. If you you haven't learned by now, this game (like every game ever created) is designed to become more difficult and take longer as you progress. When you first start playing, everything is cheap and quick to get. But as you go on, you have more characters to farm and more teams to develop. As you grow as a player, you're expected to have more patience to earn better rewards. If quality gear was just as plentiful and easy to get as other gear, you would lose the satisfaction of finally getting that piece you've been farming for days and everyone else would have that same gear as well. The good, serious players are distinguished by their patience and dedication to the game.

And everyone needs to give EA a break. They continue to consistently roll out updates regardless of nitpickers like the people in this thread. And anybody who says they don't listen to complaints needs to take a closer look at the list of bugs they add to the end of every single update. They do listen and they do fix things. And if they can't, they respond and explain why.

You are talking about "gear" in way to broad and general terms. Yes, absolutely, new aat raid gear should be at a premium and difficult to obtain (for now). But no way in all that is holy should we have a 900 stuff cuff backlog at lvl 85. They have done a good job at pacing out Rancor raid gear. It's reasonably obtainable, we have multiple ways to get pieces. If I want a furnace, it'll take work, but I can consistently obtain what I need within a week. I might have to make difficult decisions, pass on guild toon shards for salvage etc, but it'll get there. Stun cuffs and guns are a two week farm, at best, that suxx the enjoyment right out of the game. When you focus all effort on pulling those 50 pieces, the game is, undeniably, "boring" during that window. Even omega mats have been given good treatment by the dev team. They seem to be aware and are rationing them out appropriately.

But stun items, orange frisbees, those pieces are broken and need to be fixed ASAP
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    ztc258 wrote: »
    @DatBoi
    "If quality gear was just as plentiful and easy to get as other gear, you would lose the satisfaction of finally getting that piece you've been farming for days and everyone else would have that same gear as well. The good, serious players are distinguished by their patience and dedication to the game."

This comment is false. I'm not sure how long you've been playing for but what makes a good player is how much money they are willing to spend. Quality gear is both plentiful and easy to get if you want to spend the money. Also, if you look in arena, every one has the same toons, gear, and mods unless you're buying crystals. At least that's how it is on my server. And we don't need to take it easy on EA. They're a multibillion dollar company. I think they can handle some complaints from frustrated gamers.

First of all, I'm lvl 82, completely free to play, and very happy with where I am in the game.

Are there lots of characters that require the same gear pieces? Yes. Does it often seem like it takes an extraordinary amount of time to gear up just one character? Absolutely. However part of the game's strategy (at least for f2p members like me) is thinking ahead on how to prioritize certain characters. Obviously I wont be able to collect 150 pieces of the same purple gear for every character that needs them, but I try to think ahead and plan out which characters need them first, and I'm ok with that.

When it comes to whales who spend lots of money on the game, of course they're going to dominate in the arena. Why else would they invest so much? My server is the same as yours, just about everyone in the top 50 spots seems to have completely maxed out rosters, but that's their privilege. If you're willing to shell out tons of money, you should get something for it. And while I will never spend money on this game, I'm glad other people do because there wouldn't be a game without them. EA can only afford to maintain constant updates and new features because of the money they get from whales.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    Stun cuffs and guns are a two week farm, at best, that suxx the enjoyment right out of the game. When you focus all effort on pulling those 50 pieces, the game is, undeniably, "boring" during that window.

Yet I never hear people complain about having to farm 100 shards just to promote a character. It's called farming because it takes time and patience. You have to prioritize where you're spending your energy.

This discussion has been closed.