Thank you; CG/EA!

Prev1
The toxicity of this forum may be ginormous. The recurring Nerf/Buff, Mol Eliza, FOTP, Poe, Dooku, Barris, Mace Windu, Broken, Overpricing, Bug threads may be overwhelming. The rage filled and insatiable people are but a loud voice, louder than those hiding behind their screen.

I would for a change like to say THANK YOU.

Thank you for creating a mobile game that finally has me glued to my device. Thank you for creating a game that is not only fun, but challenging, persistent and totally playable (regardless of personal budget). Thank you SO MUCH for a good two (soon to be three) months of care, love and support with plenty more to come.

CG; without your phenomenal game design there would be no SWGOH, no forum for us to rant in and a digital marketplace for us to spend our Crystals in. You folks rock! Keep it up with the updates and definitely keep on helping us help you all at the office by showing our support.

EA. You... you... Erm... Never mind. If we scale that down to the SWGOH EA team division, let me just tell you all that if it hadn't been for you, the game would not nearly gain the traction it has gained. You are advertising masters and know how to forge communities. Don't give up on us, for I believe that a lot of players don't intend to give up on you anytime soon. This game is new and flourishing, had it not been for your expert management, SWGOH might have been a flop.

@EA_Jesse , you are one of the few voices that we hear of, but do me (nay), us all a favor and go and pay all the programmers, animators and graphic designers a visit and tell them that they succeeded - they rock!

I know... "Too much positivity". But c'mon, share with us all what SWGOH means to you. I know there are a lot of you that enjoy this game genuinely too much to let it go.
Let's hear the love!

Replies

• +1
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't think the game is too far off from being an very very very good game. As it stands right now, it's far from perfect but hopefully this next patch can really take it to the next level.

Btw, any star wars game without yoda has issues. I own battlefront and I have the same problem there. WHERE IS YODA!

Edit: PS, yes, thanks CG!
  • +1.

Sometimes it's hard to sift through the junk here but it can be done. And all the positive and negative wouldn't be without one hekuva good game.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I love this game because it gives me all the SW nerdiness my little heart can handle. The "Final Fantasy" type battles are so retro and easy going.

I feel that GOH has a very high level of polish, and at the same time great depth for an app game.

Confession: I always cackle maniacally inside whenever I unleash Dooku's force lightning.
  • wait how can this game glue you to your phone/tablet? i literally finish everything in an hour or 2, including 2 refills for cantina and ls/ds energy....whats your secret?
  • Yoda will bring balance to the force. Yes, I'm talking about you Dooku!
  • TheRenegade
    256 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    +1

Been playing since day one and absolutely love the game. While its not perfect and there are some balancing issues, the game is fun and addicting. Cant wait to see what else the devs have planned in the coming months.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This needed to be said.
    Yes, there are issues. Yes, many complaints here are legit. But the game is new, and the release was likely rushed, so what we have now is little more than a beta. So, devs, keep up the good work!
    That said, the upcoming update will likely be the turning point for many players, and maybe even for the whole game. And I do believe that the result will be worth it.
  • Still, none of this excuses the lack of bug fixing.
  • Slayvoff wrote: »
    whats your secret?

I make sure to as often as possible do battles without using SIM tickets, it nets me double the ally points.
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I love this game because it gives me all the SW nerdiness my little heart can handle. The "Final Fantasy" type battles are so retro and easy going.

Confession: I always cackle maniacally inside whenever I unleash Dooku's force lightning.

YES! Probably the first thing I say to describe the game. "It's like FFX, but without a story."

Confession: I yell FUS RO DAH when using Luminara's Special. I also have the tendency to scream POWER when Sidious does his Special. ;)
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Generally +1. They need to take a few more cues from similar games (free energy refills every few hours to bring me back once I've done everything in the first 1-2 hours, spender benefits and GW resets as a perk, I'm looking at you), but on the whole...I'm expecting that future updates (hopefully soon...) will address some of these, and not just consistently add in more characters.

The first big update I expect to set the tone for how they view this game going forward. Cash grab or true expansion? We'll see.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Slayvoff wrote: »
    wait how can this game glue you to your phone/tablet? i literally finish everything in an hour or 2, including 2 refills for cantina and ls/ds energy....whats your secret?

I fight some of the harder battles manually to test heroes and squads. It's always a nice surprise to see what they can do individually as well as in a group. And also to test their power and crits to decide whether I want to further level and gear them.

• Seriously, that free energy though. It's basically a genre standard in other games yet missing here. I can generally complete everything I need to do in about 2 hours after I get off of work at midnight, save the PvP for just before the rankings, which with the slow recharge rate lets me log in maybe once to put that down before it caps off and sits...and then I've basically got no reason at all to log back in until midnight again.

Now I know that it was my choice to do so, but...I at least felt the urge to log in and play in those other games when at noon, 3, 6 and 9 I'd get my free energy notification.

Just saying. Add that and you've removed one of my biggest gripes here.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • I love this game. It can be hard in any game to find some balance between pve and pvp for heroes.

The only negative aspect to this game is EA is a part of it. Long ago I nicknamed EA "Evil Attitude" and while Jesse seems awesome who he works for are not.
  • Gremin_DHS wrote: »
    Long ago I nicknamed EA "Evil Attitude" and while Jesse seems awesome who he works for are not.

Whoever those people may be, they are much further up the EA chain. We need to be careful so that we don't accidentally throw kind souls under the bus. Due to my lack of knowledge, I can only speculate, but I feel as though the SWGOH department treat customers very differently from other EA titles. They are much better and they care for their product.
  • + infinite

Haven't been this hooked since the start of Marvel Heroes, which fell off my mind due to redundancy and lack of content after a year or so...

If this game starts following the direction Marvel Future Fight has over the year, this will definetly become a top played mobile game, it only needs to be more player-friendly
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    "without your phenomenal game design"

I found this funny since they just copied what other games (e.g., Heroes Charge) have done. I honestly don't think a single game design idea was from CG. I love HC, though, so that's okay with me. And HC stole from someone else as well, so I guess the trend continues.
  • I appreciate the work that has been put into the app and like what is there at the core....that doesn't magically mean issues don't exist and nobody should be critical and want things to change.

People can be upset at all the criticism but how do they think something will ever improve if there isn't criticism and people bringing up issues?

Here's hoping the dev team takes into consideration all the criticism and complaints and improves their app and also adds in some enjoyable new content down the line. I may appreciate the work they have done but at the same time I am not going to bow down and worship them and not take issue with clear problems that exist in the current app.

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    shimsham wrote: »
    I appreciate the work that has been put into the app and like what is there at the core....that doesn't magically mean issues don't exist and nobody should be critical and want things to change.

People can be upset at all the criticism but how do they think something will ever improve if there isn't criticism and people bringing up issues?

Here's hoping the dev team takes into consideration all the criticism and complaints and improves their app and also adds in some enjoyable new content down the line. I may appreciate the work they have done but at the same time I am not going to bow down and worship them and not take issue with clear problems that exist in the current app.

+1
  • +1OP
    they're doing their best and don't get a lot of love for their efforts.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • We're so tough on you because we want you to do your best. Also, no one would waste their time here if they didn't care (even those goodbye threads). Fingers crossed bugs get ironed out and content gets added in the next month. I echo the many others, not perfect but well done so far.
  • +1

If you're upset at a mobile phone game you have no one to blame but yourself.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yes thank you CG. ;)
  • Viperish wrote: »
    Fingers crossed bugs get ironed out and content gets added in the next month.

I'm genuinely surprised how fast Capital Games ironed out the Count Dooku bug. Sure, it was a critical bug but the speed of which it was resolved is outstanding! It was discovered during the weekend, Monday it gained a lot of traction and Tuesday its done!

• -100$
    English mistakes will appear very regularly in my sentences!
  • +1
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Absolutely great post
  • +1

I generally don't invest any money into mobile apps, I find them as a good time-waster when I'm not busy IRL. A few minutes here and there....

But I have to say I'm hooked on SWGOH. I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan (Although I have to admit as a child I did see the original movie (SW IV, A New Hope) 5 times in the theater, if that dates how old I am).

So this game has converted me from F2P to P2P. This is only the second mobile app game I have ever bothered spending money on, the first being Marvel Puzzle Quest.
  • With everyone slagging the game off people aren't going to download it therefore less players therefore the game goes downhill as not so much profit / gamers yes there are issues but there are in a 2 year old toddler this game is young let it grow and embrace it
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    While I am not as enthusiastic as you, I absolutely agree with the post. This is a great game and I hope it continues to be.

Part of my love for the game is probably star wars... replace star wars with a "new IP" and I might have different things to say ;)