The Credit Heist, or lack of one. (Merged threads)

Replies

• Its pretty clear they pushed it out so it happens after the guys who got suspended come back.
  • Hey all, I'm gonna just throw this out there: the comments about it being weekly were before the original Credit Heist event back in June (remember, the one where you could max out at 1 million credits if you played it right). Since then, the event was reworked/redone with new rewards (much better) and it was clearly stated by developer CapGasp (as quoted earlier) to arrive somewhere between 6 and 12 days. So let's hold of on "crying wolf" until we actually see one. I personally didn't keep track of when the last one landed, but 12 days can feel like a long time.

Also, remember you can make credits a lot of ways in this game, especially by showing up each day to play your dailies. You can buy them for crystals too if you're in that much of a rush. It's not like the game is broken just because I can't max my Vader because his shards aren't appearing in shard shop, right? Deep breath, snack break, smash the competition in Arena and you'll see a heist before you know it and wonder if it was worth all these pages.

It was worth it to me, you all write well for my enjoyment. PM me if you have questions.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Capgasp said it would be weekly in a reddit post and it had been weekly until this week. So yes it was stated as being weekly in other formats, not necessarily on the forums. So no arguments, but I understand where everyone is coming from.

Thanks, slothe
  • Reddit isn't official, and he may have meant for a short period of time. A dead horse doesn't care. ;)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Reddit isn't official, and he may have meant for a short period of time. A dead horse doesn't care. ;)

I knew I read it somewhere...

What does that mean, "Reddit isn't official"? The actual developers of this game contribute to that forum. Are you suggesting that they are sometimes wrong, but when something is posted on this forum by a developer, that is never the case?
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Look at credit heist as a "tap". CG monitors the in-game economy, when it needs a boost they make the credit heist more frequent. When they deem that it doesn't, or when they want to sell more credit packs (believe it) then they stretch it out to the longest period possible.

They created the 6-12 day rule for just that reason, so they could control the economy. Why else would they not just make it weekly? They monitor stats constantly, they use these events/devices to control player activity.

And they have top men working on it. They know better than anyone of us can or ever will and whenever they say something and do something totally different is simply because their top men found the best solution to make the game as fun as possible.
  • JRS200x wrote: »
    RNG IS a myth if you actually understand coding... There is no such thing as a true RNG.

And from this statement we can deduce you don't understand coding
  • Did i miss the heist this week with all these event on ,or there wasnt still?
  • there was the droid event this week, ch on next week. It said its between 6-12 days randomly and only on weekdays (last time 28 of oct.). Not sure weekend days count into 6-12. If it counts, It must be wednesday at the latest.
  • It's strange, because every week we have the useless event that give ****' training droid (I can upgrade all my characters to lvl 85 with the number I have right now...), but no credit heist when it's the thing that everyone is missing.. Thank you for blocking everyone, I'm glad I'm still lvl 82...
  • Maybe it has something to do with the ShoreTrooper tournament happening this weekend??
  • Well i know it says 6-12 days for heist to return , but its very nice to have 1 weekly :smile:
    And when i think about it maybe they will fill one of next days when no events running.
  • Ing256 wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Look at credit heist as a "tap". CG monitors the in-game economy, when it needs a boost they make the credit heist more frequent. When they deem that it doesn't, or when they want to sell more credit packs (believe it) then they stretch it out to the longest period possible.

They created the 6-12 day rule for just that reason, so they could control the economy. Why else would they not just make it weekly? They monitor stats constantly, they use these events/devices to control player activity.

And they have top men working on it. They know better than anyone of us can or ever will and whenever they say something and do something totally different is simply because their top men found the best solution to make the game as fun as possible.

Lol.. this one made me laugh. Well played Sir.
  • Didn't we just have it
    Valace2 wrote: »
    SereneGilt wrote: »
    Valace2 wrote: »
    I have been complaining about the frequency of the heist, was shocked that it showed last Friday, a few weeks ago we went to the extreme of the range of when it would show up and here we are in the middle of mod pack releases and this tournament and no credits.

I would rather they increase the number of credits given out in the daily challenges because the Heist is proving to be to unreliable.

Yes we get credits from the GW, but when it's a crapshoot as to whether you can complete it a 6th of the credits you get are in the last node it is impossible to plan around.

I have raid toons that are useless because I can't level them or unlock their mods, I received only 4 mil in the last heist half of which went into leveling up just my arena team.

The daily challenges don't even level up my arena team. It takes half a mil just to max a 5* mod.

If the Heist is going to continue to he so unreliable they need to either nerf the tank raid so that an average guild can complete 1 a week or increase the 3 daily credit challenges.

I am broke now placing top 200 in absolutely essential because the heist might not show up until.Wednesday and if it does we could be looking at another week soon without the heist.

This blows.

Realy? Lets count:

GW - around 600k daily.
    Cantina + Daily activities + LS and DS - 100 - 150k
    PvP - 1 mil every 3 days (Ok every two but I want not to be too optimistic) 330k Daily.
    Challenge - 3 times a week about 300k - 900 a week. - 130k daily.

So even if you are not able to get allways all of them we are easily on 1 milion per day WITHOUT Credit heist. So I realy dont know where is the problem.

1 million as such means nothing. It s not dollars. What matters is what you can buy for it.

It s like they are giving everyone a car (shards, mods, whatever) and 100.000 dollar. Next day they raise the price of gas to 1.000.000 usd a gallon.

If you re in the process of seriously levelling up your toons (shards, training and mods), the credit need is endless. Not because the cost makes sense. Because there s a credit crunch.

Don't argue with this guy according to him we get plenty of credits.

I am going to do some math here in a second, I want to see what it costs to level a toon from 1 to 82, promote him to 7* and max the 6 5* mods you need to get him ready for the tank raid.

Oh an you need around 30 of them.

We do get plenty. What we don't get is enough. Besides, your not really ready for the tank raid until you're level 85. That gives you lots of time and credit heists to get your main squads ready enough.

Do we want more? Of course. We always want more. Even if they had the heist once a week, and we got max payout each time, people would still complain it's not enough.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    No they said it would be weekly :) and the day range was just for the case it was Monday on one week and Friday of the other.

That's what I had in mind too. Couldn't find an post anymore with such an official statement though.
  • Everyone saying it's supposed to be 6-12 days but weekly... a week is 7 days? Can't be weekly if the range is up to 12 days.
  • Everyone saying it's supposed to be 6-12 days but weekly... a week is 7 days? Can't be weekly if the range is up to 12 days.

If it falls on a Monday 1 week and a Friday the following week, they happened more than 7 days apart and are still weekly.

The official timeframe is up to 12 days

I believe the last one happened on a Friday. So It can happen on Monday Tuesday or Wednesday and still be within that timeframe.
    Everyone just needs to chill out. It's working as intended.

Devs post all the time on Reddit, they post stuff which they don't here like for the heist "we changed it so you will get 2.5m most of time".

Devs post all the time on Reddit, they post stuff which they don't here like for the heist "we changed it so you will get 2.5m most of time".

2.5 would be nice. I hit the jackpot in my last tier 3 heist hit 5 million.

First tier 4 raid I hit 2.5 and 1.5 wanted to chuck my darn phone.
  • Probably because the tournement added significant extra credit in the market for everyone this week. That's why it should comeback closer to the 10-12 days than one tine a week...
  • EA please Five is an answer- think its Not so difficult
  • What's the problem in set days of the week for Credit Heist and Smuggler's Run?
  • I visit these threads for the lols. There should be a reading comprehension exam before you get to play this game.

Wouldn't be f2p then.

• I visit these threads for the lols. There should be a reading comprehension exam before you get to play this game.

+1 on the lols
  • Jedi2407 wrote: »
    What's the problem in set days of the week for Credit Heist and Smuggler's Run?

That would be nice. I really don't see a downside to it, and I don't see an economic advantage for having them on random days.
  • See above!
    Stingy gits.
    :s
  • Tomorrow will be day 12 of the 6-12 day range. If we don't see it tomorrow then we have a problem
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Yeh man I hope today I need creds bad
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow credits fly
    And the dream that you dare to,
    Oh why, oh why can't I?
    Well I see mods leveled and geared characters too,
    I'll watch them bloom for me and you
    And I think to myself
    What a wonderful world