Project "Help a Noob Out"

Prev1
Otar
252 posts Member
Since i know how powerful a 7* toon w/ full gear can be for those starting the game (like Lumi, she can do all cantina battles tier 1 and 2 almost alone), ill provide my ally code and only accept allys up to lvl 39. I encourage others to do the same! I will keep deleting allys when they reach lvl 40+ so new people can get help and so on.

Ally Code: 852-361-866

Replies

• Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    Nice thread. I'm in. How do we know what characters we will be offering them in Cantina/Light/Dark? Can we change it?

Ally Code: 448-929-743
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    I got no clue how to make them show up. But here goes what i can help others with...
    https://imgur.com/Q28aLXh
  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    Thanks Otar. This will help me out.
  • They get to use the character you last used as a leader when you played the battle. It's on one of the threads in this forum...
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Still have spots left, haven't rotated anyone out yet...
  • hi there! can i borrow your old daka? for DS battle purposes
    btw my ally code is 671-962-874
  • She my code below⬇️
  • Ok i agree to this. sounds like a good idea.
    Lvl 64 player, 4800 Power Pikachu ,leader lvl 5, passive lvl 6 (25% chance to gain 50% turn meter when some1 die, in addition to the heal)

Ally code: 478-258-422
  • There is a sticky post for ally codes USE IT
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    There is a sticky post for ally codes USE IT

There is another purpose for this, READ IT!
  • Otar wrote: »

Not any different than the ally sticky. There's a reason mods keep closing or combining these threads.
  • Hey guys, just a quick reminder, we do have an official Pinned thread for Ally Codes of all levels:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4620/post-your-ally-codes-here-january-2016/p1

-Regeneration
  • This is a very nice idea. Hope it doesn't get lost in the sticky thread.
  • Otar wrote: »

Not any different than the ally sticky. There's a reason mods keep closing or combining these threads.

The ally thread doesn't ask to reserve space for the purpose of helping newbies.

This thread is not simply "post your ally code."
  • It basically is just a post your ally code. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still just a pig.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    There are so many threads in this forum, most of which are noise, and hardly any of which get closed. Do we really have to nitpick and find excuses to shut down one that is designed to help others?
    The sticky ally thread is not an effective way for vets who specifically want to help newbies make this known.
    I have a couple of spots left. I just put a level 67 6* max-geared Old Daka in my DS leader slot.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • If you need your pig to win a beauty contest, then you probably better go with the lipstick pig. :)

If no one level 60-70 thinks to reserve spots for newbies then the ally code thread will not function in and of itself to create powerful allies for newbies. Obviously there is overlap, but these are not the same thing.

If you want to be technical about things, technically this is a question for moderators...
    I promise I'm not trying to get personal here, but if I didn't have mod power I wouldn't spend my time on Earth trying to moderate threads. Maybe that's just me and if so, to each their own.

On the chance a mod does come in here, what the moderators could do to help is warn anyone who double-posts in the Ally thread and obviously delete duplicate posts and posts that don't contain Ally Codes.

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    If you need your pig to win a beauty contest, then you probably better go with the lipstick pig. :)

If no one level 60-70 thinks to reserve spots for newbies then the ally code thread will not function in and of itself to create powerful allies for newbies. Obviously there is overlap, but these are not the same thing.

If you want to be technical about things, technically this is a question for moderators...
    I promise I'm not trying to get personal here, but if I didn't have mod power I wouldn't spend my time on Earth trying to moderate threads. Maybe that's just me and if so, to each their own.

On the chance a mod does come in here, what the moderators could do to help is warn anyone who double-posts in the Ally thread and obviously delete duplicate posts and posts that don't contain Ally Codes.

Regeneration
    268 POSTS MOD January 26, 2016 6:02PM
    Hey guys, just a quick reminder, we do have an official Pinned thread for Ally Codes of all levels:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4620/post-your-ally-codes-here-january-2016/p1
    -Regeneration

So, yeah, a Mod read this already, gave a way more polite answer then yours and the thread still here... Soooooo... Your point again???
  • I would estimate at least 90% of posts in post your ally code are "newbies" as established players already have a full list and wouldn't waste time posting on the forums. Sorry but close this thread.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Otar wrote: »
    Since i know how powerful a 7* toon w/ full gear can be for those starting the game (like Lumi, she can do all cantina battles tier 1 and 2 almost alone), ill provide my ally code and only accept allys up to lvl 39. I encourage others to do the same! I will keep deleting allys when they reach lvl 40+ so new people can get help and so on.

Ally Code: 852-361-866
    Love this idea Otar, very helpful for noobs who need power to help build and get a glimps of what a powerful character is like and encourage them to play more.

Again for the jerkoffs who cant read, this isnt about the code its about helping noobs out and growing the game.

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    I would estimate at least 90% of posts in post your ally code are "newbies" as established players already have a full list and wouldn't waste time posting on the forums. Sorry but close this thread.

That is exactly the reason why, if posted in there it would not do any good! Because everyone would just ignore as the thread grows and it will vanish, at least in here, obnoxious people like you can come and talk trash, making it more active!

Thanks! BTW!
  • One has already been closed today. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8285/help-a-noob#latest

And I'm not trash talking. Just speaking truth.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Funny, as i said before
    One has already been closed today. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8285/help-a-noob#latest

And I'm not trash talking. Just speaking truth.

Funny, as i said before, the SAME MOD posted above, and didn't close it... Soooooo, WHAT IS YOUR POINT?!?!?!
  • He was being polite and told you appropriate place to post. Calm down and post codes where they belong.
  • ObiWanAoki
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I would estimate at least 90% of posts in post your ally code are "newbies" as established players already have a full list and wouldn't waste time posting on the forums. Sorry but close this thread.

This thread helped me a lot almost a few weeks ago as a new player. Helped me progress through cantina a lot faster than I would otherwise be able to. (I am Boogz, 4th post in this thread)

You need to be removed from this forum. You seem to have way too much time on your hands.
  • Its not post your ally code.
    If it was, we would aim for our own lvl of players, and allies we nneed (like every1 have sid, so search for the daka/boba allies)
    This have different purpose. Newbs can come here and look for strong toons to use as assist, while in original post of ally codes, there are no 60 lvl who will accept 30 lvl
  • That's exactly what it is. Look in post an ally it's full of people asking the same as here. Also there is another one in PVP and Rivalry. Why the need to keep making these when there are places to post already.
  • That's exactly what it is. Look in post an ally it's full of people asking the same as here. Also there is another one in PVP and Rivalry. Why the need to keep making these when there are places to post already.

Please ignore this guy from here on out.
  • Couple of my friends plan to use this thread very soon. They started playing a little less than a week ago.

Solid idea from a good member of these forums. Hope people take advantage if they find it =P