Game Update - 1/26/2016

Prev13
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2016
Greetings heroes,

Qui-Gon Jinn is now available in Cantina Shipments. Previously, Qui-Gon Jinn was only available by opening Chromium Packs. We will continue to move characters and their shards from being exclusively in Chromium Packs to other areas of the game as we add new characters.

We hope you are all excited to have another way to acquire character shards for Qui-Gon Jinn!

NOTE: Qui-Gon Jinn shards will not appear in Cantina Shipments until the current refresh timer expires, or until you manually refresh the Cantina Shipments.

Bug fixes:
  • Updated text on the effect Expose – previously the description stated that the ability was triggered on attack, this has been changed to show that it is triggered upon taking damage.
  • Count Dooku - his ability Hindering Press incorrectly lowered the chance to attack again at level 7. This has been fixed so that it now is at the percentage shown in the ability description.

EDIT Removed the bug fix update note for Key Card Battle tier rewards. The bug fix for Key Card battle rewards is actually going live this Thursday.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Oh yes. Thank you so much
  • This is the best news ever!!!
    Qui Gon here I come!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    Thank you
  • Why not offer dooku again for purchase, some of us started playing after that deal was around! That's how you'll get my. 5 bucks.
  • How come you do this @ 6 pm nyc time... How's that to prevent us to grind arena..good job hey!!!

Next time dont do it @ 6pm !!!
  • This is all great thanks, good to know you guys are listening.
  • Koney
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Koney on
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

Bug fixes:
    • Keycard battles - previously different tiers in the battles had the same loot tables, this has been changed so that the higher tiers now have greater rewards.

Can you elaborate on this. Or anyone?

Ant thanks for QGJ, have it on 3 and half stars, here we come QGJ!!!

• He's not available right now. It may take a minute.
  • If you refresh the shipments or wait for the timer to change over he will be available. Supposedly.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    OMG QGJ one of the best heroes for free now!!! Thanks heaps :D

Be prepared to fight against one in nearly all your matches in the near future :)
  • Thanks for the update. But I gotta ask... can you add new heroes to the Arena and GW shipments? As you're aware, Cantina shipments are the hardest ones to come by, and so it'd be nice to spread out the good characters a little more across the shipments.

Thanks EA_Jesse
  • Is this for real?

I honestly don't care about QGJ being released as free to play, though other whales my disagree.

But the fact that you threw him out as a bone for the current arena mess, and aren't addressing the FOTP bugs/issues speaks volumes about the priorities of the devs.

I've been waiting to promote mine to 7*, since the bugs/cheesy amounts of damage honestly seem like exploits. But at this point, **** it, the devs don't seem to care.
  • 20/25 sound like hope.......killer bugfixes btw
    the cake is a lie
  • FYI on the Keycard battles, right now for the "Profit Mining" event the Tier 1 reward is 100K and the Tier 2 reward is 80k (at least when viewed using the "Possible Rewards" tab.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    But the fact that you threw him out as a bone for the current arena mess, and aren't addressing the FOTP bugs/issues speaks volumes about the priorities of the devs.
    No, it doesn't. The balance issues are clearly going to be addressed as part of the big update that is coming "sometime soon".
    Putting him in Cantina shipments is just a nice bone for the non-whales. The fact that he can counter taunts also makes it a cheap and simple interim measure to rein in some of Poe madness.
    Nice gesture guys. Um, next time, could you do it at 6:10 EST instead of 5:50? :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nice!

So update incoming on Thursday?

keMuvnW.jpg
    Post edited by Pilot on
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
    Greetings heroes,

Qui-Gon Jinn is now available in Cantina Shipments. Previously, Qui-Gon Jinn was only available by opening Chromium Packs. We will continue to move characters and their shards from being exclusively in Chromium Packs to other areas of the game as we add new characters.

We hope you are all excited to have another way to acquire character shards for Qui-Gon Jinn!

NOTE: Qui-Gon Jinn shards will not appear in Cantina Shipments until the current refresh timer expires, or until you manually refresh the Cantina Shipments.

Bug fixes:
    • Updated text on the effect Expose – previously the description stated that the ability was triggered on attack, this has been changed to show that it is triggered upon taking damage.
    • Keycard battles - previously different tiers in the battles had the same loot tables, this has been changed so that the higher tiers now have greater rewards.
    • Count Dooku - his ability Hindering Press incorrectly lowered the chance to attack again at level 7. This has been fixed so that it now is at the percentage shown in the ability description.

Good move on the exclusive shards becoming more available. Thanks!
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • swaggers
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Credit keycard is still backwards. Tier II offers less than I.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    No, it doesn't. The balance issues are clearly going to be addressed as part of the big update that is coming "sometime soon".
    Putting him in Cantina shipments is just a nice bone for the non-whales. The fact that he can counter taunts also makes it a cheap and simple interim measure to rein in some of Poe madness.
    Nice gesture guys. Um, next time, could you do it at 6:10 EST instead of 5:50? :)

Agreed. I was 4th and got bumped to 13th an when i spent 50 crystals to refresh servers went down lol. It was like my spending 50 crystals triggered it hahaha
  • Nice, thank you.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Maraxus wrote: »
    How come you do this @ 6 pm nyc time... How's that to prevent us to grind arena..good job hey!!!

Next time dont do it @ 6pm !!!

The last time they did this, it was at 5:55 PST.
  • I already had 22/25 for qui gon so i can get him when it refreshes, woohoo
  • Thanks for the update. But I gotta ask... can you add new heroes to the Arena and GW shipments? As you're aware, Cantina shipments are the hardest ones to come by, and so it'd be nice to spread out the good characters a little more across the shipments.

Thanks EA_Jesse

100% agree man, cantina already had daka, poe and bobba in it. We didn't need any more choices. All arena has is Sid
  • We'll continue to try and make our updates smoother, and at a time that doesn't affect as many players.

Also, I updated my post, the Key Card battles fix isn't going live until Thursday, sorry about that!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Good job fixing new problems and not ANY of the others.
    We'll continue to try and make our updates smoother, and at a time that doesn't affect as many players.

Also, I updated my post, the Key Card battles fix isn't going live until Thursday, sorry about that!

Why not give an update ahead of time, even 30 min or an hour warning would be helpful to players.
  • Thank you Devs! I've been sitting at 20/25 shards for a while, excited for the same thing with other characters.
  • So, is this the beginning of the next big patch?
  • NCierson
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Really amazing to see Qui-Gon go F2P! Good job on that! Though i do agree we need some new characters in the arena shipemnts. Cantina battles maybe wasnt the place for him.

Furthermore, any news on when the '' People not getting the appropriate amount of shards from 4 and 8x Chromium packs when duplicate character shards are received'' ?? Its been an ongoing issue for months that affects anyone spending money on the game; way I (and MANY others) see it this should be a very high priority.
This discussion has been closed.