PVP arena synergy nerf needed for AOE meta

2Next

Replies

• Thing is the counters they're releasing to this aoe crit meta--shoretrooper and kenobi are really just gonna end up becoming part of the meta and protecting their glass cannons with their crit immunity and taunts. Can't wait till we see the first whales running wiggs, and either Anakin lando or palp protected by shoretrooper, and kenobi. That'll be fun..
  • I Run Rex (L), Ani, lando, Sunfac, Ep & i get beat easy enough in Arena. I can make top 10 (been as high as 2nd once), but i drop out of top 20 every day. I stuggle with the wiggs teams though they usually kill off EP or lando before i get to move.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Synfreak wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Synfreak wrote: »
    sying wrote: »
    Rex is not meta. Rex is counter meta. He's the answer to the aoe teams that load up with crit. By all means, take your Wiggs, Lando, Ani teams up against a team that gains TM every time you crit.

The meta will change soon anyway.

Plus, there is no need to nerf anything. Everyone cried nerf for Rey. Rey didn't need a nerf. She was the counter to the super tanks that everyone used. Where is she now? Metas shift. It's that simple. Wiggs will give way to something else. Don't believe me? Why don't we all meet back here in a month.

How can Rex be counter meta? If you load Anakin/Lando with Rex lead you will beat other Lando/Anakin teams without even getting hit much! Even if the other guy outspeeds you by +20 speed on all toons, it doesn't matter! He is the best of both worlds!!

You make it seem like rex is some kind of godly character, but rex leads get beat just like the rest. Obviously rex is an awesome character, but it's not like he singlehandedly beats any team on offense and holds rank afterwards.

He does. Not single handedly, because he is an enabler! Droids, aoe, Wiggs, nothing withstands its wrath!! Feel the powa!!!

overrated if you ask me, mainly because he is used by players who can also affort great mods.

I agree Rex is overrated. If used properly Rex can do wonders for the team, though. That does not make him meta. Even the well put together Rex teams have a counter. However, I've found I cannot leave the team I use to counter in for too long because it's very weak against the meta Wiggs teams.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Rex is meta because you usually run him with characters like Sun Fac and/or Shoretrooper which completely shut down Wiggs and aoe crits without relying heavily on mods
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Scarif rebel pathfinder is changing it up. 5 star with 7000 power. Keep his speed low so his taunt lasts long. Cant wait to get him to 7.
  • First off I was always against nerfs. Always hated them and found them to be unnecessary. Then the Wiggs era came. I jumped on the nerf bandwagon and was in support of nerfing Wedge and Biggs. After weeks of complaining and seeing nothing happen I decided to work on Lando and raid Han Solo. Now I can pretty much beat Wiggs teams 7/10 times. It's not a garenteed win, but I do win more now then ever.

People said the Poe speed era was boring. They said the dodge Dooku era was boring. They said people that use Rey were cheating and boring. Point being...all those metas have come and gone and people had to either adapt or quit. The same can be said now. Lando, Wedge, Biggs and Anakin are all free to play toons. Your choices you have right now are to farm better toons, quit the game or to wait until something better comes along. This current meta is going on 3 months now...so no nerf is coming or needed anymore. If a nerf was needed then it would have come by now.

In the nicest way possible, your just gonna have to move on. The only thing you have to decide is if your gonna farm the toons, quit the game or wait for something better...the choice is yours.
  • No such thing as an undefeatable team... even the current meta is easily defeatable. That being said, yes not just the current meta but the entire games reliance on AoEs for difficulty. From challenges, pvp, to raids it's all AoE spam making 90% of the roster worthless. The devs are very unimaginative, especially when they have the base tools and assets in place to really make all the toons more robust turning battles into puzzles instead of AoE hammer meet game.
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    This sums up my tournament experience:nlzx49.png
    It got pretty old fast. A smart and easy (although probably not even nearly enough of a nerf) is to increase the cooldown to a minimum of 3 turns on
    Bi gg's assist and completely remove the 75% increased chance of crit.

Admit it, EA, you screwed up now fix it and move on.
  • Thing is the counters they're releasing to this aoe crit meta--shoretrooper and kenobi are really just gonna end up becoming part of the meta and protecting their glass cannons with their crit immunity and taunts. Can't wait till we see the first whales running wiggs, and either Anakin lando or palp protected by shoretrooper, and kenobi. That'll be fun..

I've been facing that since the first tourney. Sun Fac or B2 is the answer to shoretrooper. Noting to him, just an adaption.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Droids, Wiggs, EP, Rex...at least 4 meta teams running atm. Forgot IGD (L), Aayla, Ani, Yoda 5's/B2. So there r at least 5 highly competitive team comps that could b considered meta. Your shard is just 1 example of hundreds.

Rex (L)
    5's
    Clone Sgt.
    Ani
    B2

My arena team on a Nov. shard and i never fall out of top 10...even overnight. Rex doesn't need SunFac, or any tank for that matter. Wiggs isn't mandatory. Can and do take 1st for payout at will.
  • My
    Rex
    Ani
    Aayla
    5's
    Fac

Does just fine I rarely lose more than 1 character no matter the mods on Wiggsdo and I never fall from top 10.
  • Synfreak wrote: »
    @KyloRey Problem is all of empire toons rely on debuffs/dots to really shine. And Rex will take care of all that. He kind of breaks the game imo! He isn't unbeatable, just ridiculously OP!!

I run EP lead, Ani, B2, Vader, and Shoretrooper. B2 takes care of Rex's tenacity buff and Shoretrooper pretty much nullifies wiggs and aoe teams. People might say Vader is weak but with EP lead and time for set up he is devastating. His dots combined with EP's passive skill will kill weaker health rebels without even targeting them. What I'm trying to say is there are teams to play and be competitive without Rex, Wiggs, or Lando. I get first every day and most times drop 1 to 5 spots overnight if at all on a December shard. It can be done. Just pick characters that take their strengths away.
  • all you guys saying "then farm wiggs/AOE to counter the AOE" are missing my point. This makes the game boring when everyone is using the same team...AOE team and winner is just luck or who has better mods.

Also you guys saying farm b2, Rex, sun fac. Those characters are not FTP. Yea I know b2 was recently in cantina. Farming Shoretrooper in tourny. I found the tourny to be extremely boring. Again...all wiggs teams in that event so I pretty much auto battled. Boring...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Danbloo wrote: »
    all you guys saying "then farm wiggs/AOE to counter the AOE" are missing my point. This makes the game boring when everyone is using the same team...AOE team and winner is just luck or who has better mods.

Also you guys saying farm b2, Rex, sun fac. Those characters are not FTP. Yea I know b2 was recently in cantina. Farming Shoretrooper in tourny. I found the tourny to be extremely boring. Again...all wiggs teams in that event so I pretty much auto battled. Boring...

Just beat Wiggs with Palp, RG, Shore, EE, and B2
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    all you guys saying "then farm wiggs/AOE to counter the AOE" are missing my point. This makes the game boring when everyone is using the same team...AOE team and winner is just luck or who has better mods.

I'd still like to see either a bonus synergy of using all light side or all dark side characters or nerf if mixing. Just an idea for Dev. I think it's weird dark and light side on the same team.

Your team is a mix using EE. I think it's fair as it affects all players p2p or FTP. So your team would not be as good. Neither would wiggs team if it has EP. This would add balance to the force. Haha
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

I'd still like to see either a bonus synergy of using all light side or all dark side characters or nerf if mixing. Just an idea for Dev. I think it's weird dark and light side on the same team.

Your team is a mix using EE. I think it's fair as it affects all players p2p or FTP. So your team would not be as good. Neither would wiggs team if it has EP. This would add balance to the force. Haha

EE is there as a failsafe, I could probably swap him for Vader and swap B2 for Tie Pilot later on and do just fine against Wiggs. Sweet Empire synergy :wink:
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • EA / CG just have to adjust wiggs abilities because they are so good thanks to insane speed (more broken with mods) and biggs tripple Assist (Note other Toons like Nebit get Assist with -damage instead of nearly tripple crit) and the ability from biggs that get him TM on any hit mixed up with a low Cooldown on his Assist.

Another idea would be that Leader Ability would be fall of once you killed the Leader. That would cause some trouble for low HP leads like Rex, lando or EP. It should be ok that easier to kill leaders have a better ability but it would be more tactical if you can get rid of the bonus, which means other Toons like DPS maybe arent the first target or healers would be stronger.

I've been facing that since the first tourney. Sun Fac or B2 is the answer to shoretrooper. Noting to him, just an adaption.

Sun fac or B2 have always been the answer to double tanks but people still run double tanks all the time. Also, has anybody even unlocked kenobi yet? Usually when something like that happens ea makes a big announcement and then everyone jumps on that post and screams about collusion
  • Nobody has unlocked GK yet. With the limit on raid rewards in a given week I think we are still a week or two away. Give or take.
  • There are at least 5 or 6 teams at least that can beat anything currently ...
    Stop with the toon nerfing
    Start with your creativity boosting
  • Danbloo wrote: »

Yes it is boring. But this has been going on for 3 months now and probably won't change. What I wish the devs would do is atleast beef up the rest of the games rosters so we have more variety. But no instead they are adding raids with extreme difficulty, flawed toeunament design and now ships are coming which I'd be willing to bet will also be chucked full of problems. Heck they can't even get the credit heist to come around properly. So waiting on them to do things, we might as well start working on other toons for now.
  • Aniema wrote: »

Yes it is boring. But this has been going on for 3 months now and probably won't change. What I wish the devs would do is atleast beef up the rest of the games rosters so we have more variety. But no instead they are adding raids with extreme difficulty, flawed toeunament design and now ships are coming which I'd be willing to bet will also be chucked full of problems. Heck they can't even get the credit heist to come around properly. So waiting on them to do things, we might as well start working on other toons for now.

There is nothing boring in arena if you don't make it boring...

Droids
    Rebels
    Empire
    Rex +counter
    Plus b2 and shore available to FTP...

All you need is think of a nice synergy that appeals your game play and go for it...

No team is unbeatable so choose the offensive team that u like most and go beat them
  • I love how all these folks start talking about abilities like tm gain, triple assist, healing. How awesome are these abilities? Take that away? Talk about boring~

You should be excited at what fun and power these abilities have. And even more pleased that they are ftp. I'll never understand that mindset.

Furthermore, challenging setups like these should be pushing you to employ creative setups and strategies yourself to counter these teams. If there are none, then there is a problem.
  • We are actually living a time of various setups being acceptable/efficient at end game arena.

That said, I'd like the fights to last longer to be honest, make them feel epic, and give way to defensive teams to shine, but otherwise this is the best we've been in terms of variety.