You can farm qui gon now!

Replies

• I got the notice as well after the maintenance.
    x1feHVH.png

No QGJ in shipments yet, most likely he'll be there soon. It's nice to see they're planning on releasing Chromium only characters shards to be farmed on other modes.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Happy but still going to save up until the next patch. Nice to see this though CG!
  • NOTE: Qui-Gon Jinn shards will not appear in Cantina Shipments until the current refresh timer expires, or until you manually refresh the Cantina Shipments.

-Regeneration
  • Sorted, cheers
  • There's 0 chance I'm not farming QGJ to seven stars...he's insanely good.

Who else are you guys who are saving still expecting?
  • Everyone will love him, he is an absolute beast at 7 stars. I consider him top 3 in the game currently.

Smart move on CG's part, sucks for us whales.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Maybe it means the new characters coming are going to dominate these current guys that people talk so much about and that he'll be just a medium level guy when they do.

I actually got 20 shards of this guy from when I saved up crystals early in my time using the app to buy the 8 chromium pack so nice to see I'll be able to unlock this guy. Watch him cost 800 tokens though...
  • I'm for sure not buying any more shards from arena.

Any new character is welcome there. <3
  • I would love him if I could see him, but he is nowhere found in my squad cantina
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I LOVE YOU DEEEEEVVVVSSS!!!
  • Too bad I just spent 2,400 tokens in the past couple days on Poe! At least I stopped putting more into Boba!
  • They've been saying the need a counter to Poe. QGJ has been the only real counter for a while other than another Poe.

They may not need to change Poe now.

Nice job EA/CG. Also glad hat chromium exclusives are not indefinite. That'll make it easier to swallow the next time you release interesting chromium exclusives.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    They definitely still need to change Poe. He's the most broken character in this game by a wide margin. Unwhaling QGJ is fine but he's hardly a solid counter to Poe. This just means instead of everyone in the top 20 having Poe, everyone in the top 20 will have both Poe and QGJ.
    I'm putting my faith in the next update. Hope it isn't misplaced.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • NOTE: Qui-Gon Jinn shards will not appear in Cantina Shipments until the current refresh timer expires, or until you manually refresh the Cantina Shipments.

-Regeneration
    how you manually refresh it ?
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    THAT IS COOL!!!
    Qui-Gon Jinn, one of the worst Jedi's ever, but still one of my favorite is now farmable!
    That is awesome :p Now F2P players can get 7* Qui-Gon. But by then, the Speed and DPS meta may change.
    Now im having trouble if i should farm Qui-Gon or try to get Poe to 7*
    hmmm...
  • I hope giving us QGJ isn't apologizing for how OP Yoda will be. :/
  • very nice. though I am a little disappointed I just spent 2800 hoarded cantina credits to upgrade my Poe.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    They definitely still need to change Poe. He's the most broken character in this game by a wide margin. Unwhaling QGJ is fine but he's hardly a solid counter to Poe. This just means instead of everyone in the top 20 having Poe, everyone in the top 20 will have both Poe and QGJ.

Poe clearly isn't OP in a vacuum.

Total damage overall needs to be changed in arena, then he'll be fine. One shots are wayy too common rn.
  • Im going to continue to hoard cantina credits for now. See if anything else pops up. I can usually get only 1 per day anyway so it doesnt hurt to wait.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    RIP Whales.

Suckers.

lol i bet they'll still woop dat **** and you can cry about it later. They paid for the fun of the game dude, relax.
  • The skeptic/realist in me thinks the reason for this is that the new characters coming are just going to make the current former p2w characters mediocre so all of us who don't have him will work to get him and be left with a so-so character in a few weeks.

I just don't expect them to actually try and close the gap between f2p/minimal spenders and the whales.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Total damage overall needs to be changed in arena, then he'll be fine. One shots are wayy too common rn.

Damage is overblown, agreed, I started a thread on that about 3 weeks ago.
    Even with that fixed.. Poe is STILL broken. IMO, no character should be able to go first in a match and allow his entire team to move before you can do anything. Ever.
    Having a single action reduce all enemy turn meters, create a taunt and expose, and have that happen right at the start of a match... it's ludicrous. I am still hopeful they will nerf this guy because he needs it. Badly.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »

you're hardly considered coherent...QGJ is legitimately the best counter to poe. For one he can remove taunt. He can also just hit his 2nd attack and whoever is attacking will do 75% more damage. If that's leia, fotp, rey, lumi etc then that's one exceptionally dead poe. what else...there's nothing else you're just clueless.
  • Ima gun di (L)
    Aayala
    QGJ
    Lumi
    Kit

Wont be very competstive though. If Lumi heals procs on assists as well that would help...
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    But have they fixed any in game bugs?
  • @shimsham Don't fear, there's already a picture around that shows him being a regular purchase (400).
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Half way to my 6th star on Poe then it will be all qgj for my soon (in 6 weeks) to be multi attack team

Phasma lead
    Geo
    Ig-86
    Qgj
    Poe
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »

Damage is overblown, agreed, I started a thread on that about 3 weeks ago.
    Even with that fixed.. Poe is STILL broken. IMO, no character should be able to go first in a match and allow his entire team to move before you can do anything. Ever.
    Having a single action reduce all enemy turn meters, create a taunt and expose, and have that happen right at the start of a match... it's ludicrous. I am still hopeful they will nerf this guy because he needs it. Badly.
    There are plenty of characters who can roll faster than Poe, and with power creep being an assured thing in mobile games, I'm positive there will be many more.

Many characters also gain turn meter, take away turn meter, slow characters, etc. I honestly can't see a world where Poe is heavily nerfed (made slower by at least a tier/turn reduction taken away).

How can you change him without making him a dead character? They wouldn't make another Barriss mistake.

• Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    They've been saying the need a counter to Poe. QGJ has been the only real counter for a while other than another Poe.

They may not need to change Poe now.

Nice job EA/CG. Also glad hat chromium exclusives are not indefinite. That'll make it easier to swallow the next time you release interesting chromium exclusives.

it's funny that when poe was given for free to everyone on IOS everyone complained that he was UP and Phasma was OP. I used him forever and i don't recall anyone crying about him. Now that he's become popular every can't handle him. You guys need to learn how to beat teams with different characters. Literally, i can't beat this one dude named stormy on my server with my A-team. But take out FOTP and throw in dooku and throw out JC for Vader. I kill stormy's team quite easy with a team that's lower power and probably 50% less burst dps. People need to learn how to play other chracters than your Ateam. Oh and stormy is 6 levels above me (70 vs 64) and he has 7* fotp, Geo, GQJ, POe, Sid.