Darth Maul

I'm F2P and just got Darth Maul in a 350 crystal pack. I'm pretty hype about it as he's a really cool character but judging from what I read on these discussion boards.. Should I actually be?

Replies

• Options
    Probably not. He just needs a rework. He's only slightly better than Ugnaught.
  • Options
    At the moment Maul isn't very good but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a rework or maybe even some synergy with Savage.
  • Options
    He is absolutely atrocious, atleast in arena.
    I wouldn't invest in him until a rework.
  • Options
    At the moment Maul isn't very good but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a rework or maybe even some synergy with Savage.

You would think he would get synergy with Savage, they're literal bros and yeah my first couple gos with him haven't been that fun. He's so slow so he's the last to go on my team every time basically
  • Options
    He is awesome on an EP team in GW. Sadly due to speed and Meta nothing you do makes him arena Viable. I got mine to like 170 still not.
  • Options
    Reliably hits for 16k on basic against Jedi. Sure he's trash. His health is his main let down. Speed is manageable with RG and now ShoreTrooper but he really is just a decent damage dealer. Around 4K crits on AOE which all heal him, and I've gotten around 5k basics with 9k crits on non-Jedi
  • Options
    If you have the coin to spare, I'd power him up solely because he's due for a rework. Right now, he's a pay-only character, which means F2P players won't have him. If his rework ends up making him awesome, you'd have a leg up on the competition by already having him maxed out.

I'll note that this is an expensive gamble, however. In order for this to pay off, Maul would not only have to receive the rework (which has never actually been promised) but the rework would have to make him Arena-viable. If it happens, you could be laughing all the way to #1. If it doesn't, you've got a set of pixels that's probably worth more than the phone you're playing on.
  • Options
    He is a gw beast I have him maxxed all the way and use him to mow down Jedi in gw. He isn't viable in arena cause Jedi aren't. Maul is playable anywhere Jedi are lurking, for sure. Cover him up with a taunt and good to go.
  • Options
    Darth maul is too slow
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    No he's terrible mate, I've got him close to maxed but put him on ice because even though he's **** now it seems somewhat inevitable he will get a massive boost along the line and you will catch everyone cold.

If you are quite early doors in the game then there is so many more important toons to farm, he's a luxury of the highest order.
  • Options
    Ugh i wish i had him :(
  • Options
    Curious if he'd be good at 170 speed under a palp lead with shoretrooper. Because after reading his abilities it sounds like if he can make it to his first move he becomes a monster. Make him farmable so I can find out!!!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    He's a killing machine...

A guild mate of mine has him super pumped up for damage and completely maxed out and the numbers I've seen him dish out are absurd... 50k single attack and over 40k per hit with his aoe vs Jedi... 20k hits vs non Jedi is nothing to sneeze at either. He can be really brutal and just ruin your opponent's day

I've used him a good bit previous to the lvl increase in GW... because he really can shine there with the TM carry over from node to node... he just destroys any Jedi on the opposing team.

I have him at gear 11 now and he is really a force to be reckoned with... despite missing a few gear pieces and omegas to be truly maxed out he can still do amazing damage... and polish off those last 3 or 4 characters on the other team

Against certain teams and with the right surrounding cast he is a murder machine and can put up incredible numbers...

He's certainly fun to play and can really do well when you put then right cast around him

• Options
    Curious if he'd be good at 170 speed under a palp lead with shoretrooper. Because after reading his abilities it sounds like if he can make it to his first move he becomes a monster. Make him farmable so I can find out!!!

I was running this exact setup and it basically made any team with a Jedi on it a target for me. It basically cemented a 4 v 5 and as soon as he got the kill he was going to get another. After three kills, which isn't hard to do with EP and Vader, Maul basically becomes untouchable and unkillable with the health steal and the evasion. Fantastic toon overall and I would love to hate to see him become f2p as I used a lot of money to get him. If he becomes f2p he deserves a speed and health boost.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    On defense he's very bad. And that's what matters in this game currently
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    If you're f2p and you unlock a p2p character in the store, dont power them up. Unless you've just started the game, a four star character who you cant promote isnt worth investing in.
  • Options
    He is awesome on an EP team in GW. Sadly due to speed and Meta nothing you do makes him arena Viable. I got mine to like 170 still not.

Took the words out of my mouth. My GW team every day is Palp, RG, Maul, Rey & JKA. Tears it up, even the wild node 11's.
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »
    On defense he's very bad. And that's what matters in this game currently

I don't know about that. With RG taunting when he got low, and then ShoreTrooper healing and taunting, it was very hard to actually get the opportunity to hit him. With RG his low health pool actually helps due to such an easy RG taunt trigger.
  • Options
    Maul being my 2nd favorite Sith I'm jealous. Sadly he's not viable in most areas. No reason to see any kind of rework in the near future. He, Echo, amd Cody have the biggest chance to be moved to f2p when ships drop and we get a slew of new p2p toons. Until Talzin, Bane and Plaguies enter this game he's my most wanted toon. I have all the rest of my favorite star wars characters. From chewie to vader, from yoda to asajj. Maul is my missing link. Sadly he is just that though. A novelty for his fans.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    He can be really fun in GW, with his 100% TM on killing blow. You can line him up to go 3+ time in a row. High gear level helps, but he's definitely not in the Arena meta.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Sure. Put him in with some of the most awesomely popular cool star wars characters and you will have the ultimate bad a team that you won't regret.

Darth Maul, Bobba Fett, Mace Windu, Luke Skywalker and Kit Fisto... What?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    He can be really fun in GW, with his 100% TM on killing blow. You can line him up to go 3+ time in a row. High gear level helps, but he's definitely not in the Arena meta.

I had him wipe a DS mission from start to finish once. Granted it was like a level 2 mission and he was level 55 so...OP perhaps. Was a lot of fun though. Agree he is good in GW, meh in Arena and prolly double meh in Raids.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • fetthead88
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Whatever I find this so hilarious everytime I use himScreenshot_2016_10_01_11_02_30.png
  • Options
    He does suck in arena but GW he shines
  • Options
    With EP Royal Guard shoretrooper maul and TP you can do some damage.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I'll love to see Ep lead, vader, sid , maul, rg
    On att raid. Could work,
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    With EP Royal Guard shoretrooper maul and TP you can do some damage.

To be fair, shoretrooper with anyone is amazing.