Is Mace Windu too weak?

He is a legendary and best sword man in jedi council, but in this game i found that he isn't very useful. His skills are situational and most likely will not helpful. I always use only basic attack which is also depends on luck.

Will he be better in a long run cause he is one of my favourite characters.

Replies

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    His leader power isnt all that bad if you have a full team of jedi and want to try and make a more ofensive team, and his smite can be useful to get through taunts. Only he, Qui-Gon and Teebo can remove positive buffs from allies. Qui can only be get from pack opening so far and Teebo does not benefit from Jedi sunergy teams as he is no jedi.

He has his uses.
  • Basically, yes he is embarrassingly weak for his reputation and compared to the real character in the show/lore. In my opinion he needs the most reworking out of any character at the moment due to everything about him in game being inaccurate.
    I plan on making a post to try get people talking about him over dooku or barriss because it's something that must annoy star wars fans!
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I would say Master Windu would excell well, if paired with the right people.

If you wanna talk about using MW for Pvp, one's squad has to be a Def Buff Squad, in order to fully optimize and utilize him.

There are a few ways which you can do this...

One way, is to add him into a team with Master Ima-Gun Di as the leader, for the purpose of Master Di's additional def, def up specials and counter abilities. OR with Chewie as ldr because of his Def Up leader ability.

The other way is ofcourse by taking advantage of his Vaapad to create a nuke jedi squad. If you think about it, 12.5% Offense and additional crit, He's like a light side version of Sid but with less speed and more Hp...

So anyway, as you already know, with Def up, he will instantly get +75% offense. Plus an additional 13% offense (88% total) when given the leader role, you p much got yourself a self buffer..

The set up would look smtg like this, Mace, Master Di, Plo and 2 more characters of whatever preferred choice. (Pref Ben and a healer.) Master Di and Master Plo has defense buff specials and when used, it instantly grants Mace his promised buff making him one of your prominent attackers. And Ben ofc, for obvious debuffing reasons. (Also might I add that there are some inaccuracies with regards to Old Ben's character description...)

That being said, the problem with MW and Master Plo is that they lack speed and turn meter gain but either way they are tanks so they should suffice if they are being targeted at but no issues here, just throw in a healer or two and you'll be able to annoy your foes like that..:wink:

Just a thought. :)
    Post edited by ZarAzi on
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Basically, yes he is embarrassingly weak for his reputation and compared to the real character in the show/lore. In my opinion he needs the most reworking out of any character at the moment due to everything about him in game being inaccurate.
    I plan on making a post to try get people talking about him over dooku or barriss because it's something that must annoy star wars fans!

I agree. I also feel like this game is giving a lot of love to several certain characters up to the point where it feels like they could be deviating from canon lore but I honestly don't know what their issue is or where their current stand on this is rn so idk, just my opinion...what do I know, I'm just a potato.
    Post edited by ZarAzi on
  • Lorenzo wrote: »
    Thanks. follow-up: is he better than resistance trooper and/or clone Sargent (taking into account 4 star windu versus 2 star resistance trooper and (as I recall) one star clone Sargent), currently the 4th and 5th members of my light side team (and, unless I get lucky, likely to stay that way for another week or so)?

Someone even asked who is better between 4*windu and 2*resistance trooper, i felt a great disturbance in the force for this question.

This is embarrassing, actually it is really very embarrassing.
  • It speaks for itself doesn't it? :)
  • I think the success probability of the skill of deleting one opponent's burf is too low.
  • Yodavader wrote: »
    I think the success probability of the skill of deleting one opponent's burf is too low.

Yes, his smite should be able to delete every buff more easily, but what i hate most about this windu is the skill that give his team speed after he died.

I dont think there will be anything good come out of that skill cause he is a tank with no taunt that always died later than others.
  • The only chance of failing his removal of an enemies buff would be a check on their tenacity core to avoid any special effects. Once upgraded he seems to have 100% hit at level 4 of the ability.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/mace-windu/
  • I have 2* Trooper and 4* Windu. Tested them both in Arena and GW with Barris , Counsular and Wookie and Dooku.

Windu always failed to remove positive buffs , like always. His damage is crap compared to squishy Trooper.

At the end I would take squishy 2* ability lvl 1 Trooper then 4* Windu bc of Trooper's burst . Trooper combined with Dooku at the beggining of the fight can take out a single character (healer).
  • Mace Windu is situational, but the situations (in which he excels) happen often. My primary use of Mace is when attempting to focus down an enemy character. Often times I will not be able to focus down the character in time and then you have Chewie or some other tank that forces focus onto himself. Mace can use his special to break the focus buff and allows me to continue attacking the original target.
  • I use Windu as my leader in my Jedi Light side sqaud. I go healer heavy (Consular, Lumi, Bariss, Ashoka) and his vapaad gives a HUGE boost to their offensive output. At level 6 you get a 20% offense and 10% crit or something like that. He is also very useful for getting rid of chewy taunts in PVP, though on defense Id probably sub him out. I agree his damage output should be higher given that he's a master swordsman ala Dooku.

Now that I think about it, Ashoka isnt a true jedi, right?