The New Meta Has Arrived*...

Prev1
SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited November 2016
Feel free to swap Wedge and Lando as you see fit. Sorry Droids, not even B2 will save you.

3903276e5d.png

*All in good fun! B):*
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on

Replies

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @777 my one and not only, this affair can't go on forever, but the <3 never ends.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Euhhhh lol, droids can beat that easy my friend
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    Euhhhh lol, droids can beat that easy my friend

After Eng makes his move, 88 is history (better hope he gets some ability blocks in), then goes Eng or 86. Not much to save you after that.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Droids can beat that.
    B2 goes first... buff immunity... and its lol..
    I don't main droids but have tried that combo vs them and I'm pretty sure that a human controlled team can take it...
  • Depending how fast their Biggs is, my team of lando L, 200 speed sthan, cad bane QGJ and 88 could do it. With some decent rng. Han taunts and fills everyone's TM, hopefully QGJ is next to dispel shoretrooper, then bane stuns SF, 88 ability blocks lando, Biggs or wedge and then my lando starts mopping up. My team can beat almost anything out there with some help from rngesus.. Just like anybody else I suppose.
  • I don't run 86
    My team is 47L, je, 88, b2, gg

Even if biggs kill 88 in round one, you loose shoretrooper taunt on round one + buff imunn, then you loose wedge on round 1. First aoe from lando doesn't hit hard, so you'll loose lando in round 2. 88 will be back to life, gg and je will take care of sun fac while the other kill shoretrooper
  • Kill biggs last
  • Malthael wrote: »
    Droids can beat that.
    B2 goes first... buff immunity... and its lol..
    I don't main droids but have tried that combo vs them and I'm pretty sure that a human controlled team can take it...

And just how will you guarantee B2 to go first? Once Eng goes, and as long as all the droids are above the threshold for 100% TM, it would be random order.
    Depending how fast their Biggs is, my team of lando L, 200 speed sthan, cad bane QGJ and 88 could do it. With some decent rng. Han taunts and fills everyone's TM, hopefully QGJ is next to dispel shoretrooper, then bane stuns SF, 88 ability blocks lando, Biggs or wedge and then my lando starts mopping up. My team can beat almost anything out there with some help from rngesus.. Just like anybody else I suppose.

Interesting combo! A rarity indeed. Would love to see that in action. Any vids?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Depending how fast their Biggs is, my team of lando L, 200 speed sthan, cad bane QGJ and 88 could do it. With some decent rng. Han taunts and fills everyone's TM, hopefully QGJ is next to dispel shoretrooper, then bane stuns SF, 88 ability blocks lando, Biggs or wedge and then my lando starts mopping up. My team can beat almost anything out there with some help from rngesus.. Just like anybody else I suppose.

So at least your answer is qualified. Every team is beatable, provided the right RNG comes along. I think what the OP was intending was to invite teams to beat his with a high success rate. Droid teams would struggle against that team unless some great RNG came along. Suggesting that B2 would act first is a bit nutty, as that would require modding him to clear the 100% TM threshold after JE's special and not the other three heavy-hitter droids. That is asking for an immediate DEFEAT screen. Maybe what was meant was that B2 would get a random turn during the first droid barrage. I think the outcome in that case could depend on how early B2 got his turn, as an IG86 assist would be far more effective post-taunt cleanse. But perhaps I'm overlooking the sure-fire strategy that was intended with droids.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    It's tough, but if you think meta means 5 heroes only, you're gonna have a lot on discussion on who is in or out.

Haha, "are you in, or are you out?" Name that show...
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    I don't run 86
    My team is 47L, je, 88, b2, gg

Even if biggs kill 88 in round one, you loose shoretrooper taunt on round one + buff imunn, then you loose wedge on round 1. First aoe from lando doesn't hit hard, so you'll loose lando in round 2. 88 will be back to life, gg and je will take care of sun fac while the other kill shoretrooper

GG in place of 86 would likely get the job done. I agree. Most people don't have a highly starred GG, so more power to you!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Shore is solid, true. And atm, Wiggs is killer but shut down by Shore. Shore under EP even better. The meta will not b your squad. The meta will be EP (L), TFP, Shore, B2, Ani/EE. It's not far off.
  • On the opening barrage, biggs will probably kill someone, and you don't care. If he kill je...he have do is job, if he kill any other droids...you'll bring him back to life whit 100% tm.

Having Grievous instead of 86, give you a second 8k aoe + 14k hit. Biggs will counter...but only a basic then you can kill wedge and have lando protection out...maybe even more...
  • It goes this way:
    Je
    88 aoe
    Biggs counter one shot someone
    B2 turn (3hits will proc b2 every time)
    Kill wedge whit 88.

If 88 is dead by biggs then it follow this ways
    Then gg goes his aoe
    Finish wedge
    Hk aoe
    Biggs counter
    Hit lando
    Lando aoe
    B2 hit lando
    Je bring 88
    88 finish lando
  • Guys please, new meta will be Darth Jar Jar.
    How's shoretrooper now btw? Did he get even tanker :'(
  • But maybe you're right whit a normal : 47,86,88,b2,je team...
    But even there, i think they could beat it

For my team, that's a 70-80% win
  • Widget_gadget
    875 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't have any problems with that team. B2 buff immunity keeps the taunt from sticking. Ability block from 1g88 does the same. Odds are one of those will stick.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • I beat that every day with my droids.
  • B2 is actually the perfect counter to that team. Put Rex lead, soak up attacks and once B2 gets 100% TM, do AoE , including buff immunity and that team is toast.

And since when Droids are Meta? The true meta is Speed.

Because that's an every day squad. LOL!
    SnakesOnAPlane

You beat that same comp everyday? Are you on the OP's server or is 7* Shoretrooper more common than I thought?
  • Every one says new meta but the fact is that any team is weak on defence. A human in control is always the deciding factor.

Yes a human controlled team can lose but a defence team has to win everytime to hold position.

Tanky counter Jedi will also beat the OP team into the ground just as well as droids, wiggs, ep, Rex etc etc.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Obs0lete wrote: »
    I beat that every day with my droids.

You beat that same comp everyday? Are you on the OP's server or is 7* Shoretrooper more common than I thought?

After this past tournament I've seen a handful in the top of my shard. I think it kinda just depends
  • Obs0lete wrote: »
    I beat that every day with my droids.

Only One 7* but nonetheless I face Rex lead wiggs or Rex lead Palpatine/lando sun fac comps all the time. Lots of lando lead as well. I just learned how to beat everything without fail for the most part. I only lose 5% of the time on offense and that's simply RNG going against me.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I've been running this with Rex lead for a while now, and ppl have been running similar stuff for even longer than I have

It was quickly figured out that B2 makes it not so hard.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    7* Shoretrooper only means less chance of a wiggs 3hko on him.

3*-7* dispel, buff/ability block and leave him for last than use auto after ever one else is dead.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Lol sorry but that squad is pretty bad, there's no way your Wiggs is killing an enemy Shoretrooper before they taunt
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • that's not new. well shore trooper is but the rest is every single team i see in arena.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    holyjoe wrote: »
    that's not new. well shore trooper is but the rest is every single team i see in arena.

Yup, pretty stale team if you ask me
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • The problem with B2 is you are really screwed if his AOE crits on Biggs.