Why is battle meditation an advantage against EP? Does the tenacity prevent stuns?

I have a randomly 8.200 power Yoda and I'm trying to learn about all his habilities, and these questions came in my mind, could someone explain that, please?

Be with you, the force may! I don't know how to speak like Yoda LOL

Replies

• Yes
  • Even the stun part?
  • Yes
  • Tenacity increase the chance to prevent negative effect on your toons. Boost on tenacity is good for that but you still have a chance to receive the negative effect. The counterwise of tenacity is potency. Higher the potency is on the toon trying to put negative effect, higher is the chance to successfully put the negative effect. A full geared palpatine may have 90% potency. Especially for him, resist the stun is not easy....
  • Yoda plus higher tenacity characters will do better against him, but a lot of his stuns will land anyway. I've never seen his shocks not land, in fact. Don't know if those are an exception to the potency/tenacity thing or if it's just because he has high tenacity. Mine's not that high gear, maybe 8.
  • Never seen ep land anything through tenacity up...
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    BM is beyond just high tenacity it give tenacity up which resists all negative status effects, with a few exceptions:
    -tenacity down can be applied thru tenacity up and will negate it
    -defense down seems to ignore tenacity up, I believe it is a bug
    -Vader ability block on basic can be applied to Jedi thru tenacity up
    -mace windu expose can be applied thru tenacity up.
    -maybe 1 or 2 others I am forgetting.

Tenacity up will prevent stun and shock.
  • Parableman wrote: »
    Yoda plus higher tenacity characters will do better against him, but a lot of his stuns will land anyway. I've never seen his shocks not land, in fact. Don't know if those are an exception to the potency/tenacity thing or if it's just because he has high tenacity. Mine's not that high gear, maybe 8.

EPs stuns will never land against BM.
  • If its a problem just run B2 to clear it and it may buff block as well.
  • Yoda is pretty awesome if you know how to use him properly.
  • scuba wrote: »
    BM is beyond just high tenacity it give tenacity up which resists all negative status effects, with a few exceptions:

Tks
  • Jefferx wrote: »
    Tenacity increase the chance to prevent negative effect on your toons. Boost on tenacity is good for that but you still have a chance to receive the negative effect. The counterwise of tenacity is potency. Higher the potency is on the toon trying to put negative effect, higher is the chance to successfully put the negative effect. A full geared palpatine may have 90% potency. Especially for him, resist the stun is not easy....

Hmm i didn't knew about that, tks
  • I use yoda in arena against EP all the time and I have never seen EP stun my team with tenacity up.

Just make sure Yoda has more speed than EP so Yoda goes first.
  • I run Yoda under QGJ lead against Palpatine. Man is he ever fast.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

I've only ever seen HK's defense down go through tenacity up. Does Wedge's work?
  • Zooey wrote: »

I've only ever seen HK's defense down go through tenacity up. Does Wedge's work?

I don't remember of my Wedge inflincting defense down when the enemy has defense up. But i'm not sure.
  • Zooey wrote: »

I don't remember of my Wedge inflincting defense down when the enemy has defense up. But i'm not sure.

I've seen IGD's Defense Down go through Tenacity Up even after it says "Resisted" pretty sure Defense Down is just bugged in general.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Zooey wrote: »

Wedges's I have seen resisted, I kind of thru the assumption out there that there are probably others that do it just like HK.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »

Wedges's I have seen resisted, I kind of thru the assumption out there that there are probably others that do it just like HK.

I think Wedge's might act differently than most other Defense Down's as it goes away after his next turn instead of after a certain amount of turns from the enemy. Maybe that slight difference in coding makes it work normally lol
  • Jefferx wrote: »
    Tenacity increase the chance to prevent negative effect on your toons. Boost on tenacity is good for that but you still have a chance to receive the negative effect. The counterwise of tenacity is potency. Higher the potency is on the toon trying to put negative effect, higher is the chance to successfully put the negative effect. A full geared palpatine may have 90% potency. Especially for him, resist the stun is not easy....

Ignore this - it is incorrect. BM prevents all negative effects (bar a few previously mentioned ones that may or may not be bugs). Palp's stun will not ever go through BM, nor will his shock.
  • DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Jefferx wrote: »

Ignore this - it is incorrect. BM prevents all negative effects (bar a few previously mentioned ones that may or may not be bugs). Palp's stun will not ever go through BM, nor will his shock.

Like this Yoda have
  • Parableman wrote: »
    Yoda plus higher tenacity characters will do better against him, but a lot of his stuns will land anyway. I've never seen his shocks not land, in fact. Don't know if those are an exception to the potency/tenacity thing or if it's just because he has high tenacity. Mine's not that high gear, maybe 8.

I have a bunch of potency on my Palp in the arena and he regularly fails to stun more than 1 or 2 characters.
  • Try it and see if you like it. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107