You can farm qui gon now!

Replies

• Qui-Gon (leader)
    Lumi
    Aayla
    Old Ben
    Fisto
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Many characters also gain turn meter, take away turn meter, slow characters, etc. I honestly can't see a world where Poe is heavily nerfed (made slower by at least a tier/turn reduction taken away).
    They can't do it at the very start of a game while also removing 20% of the health of many enemies and imposing a taunt all in one action.
    Plus insane tenacity so debuffs are hard to land.
    IMO, his turn meter reduction should be removed. Make it a separate ability or something.
    Anyway, I don't want to get into the Poe arguments again. Everyone has made up their mind on how they feel about him, and we'll see what CG does.
    But having QGJ everywhere isn't a solution. Because most Poe teams are also going to run him, and it still comes down to whose Poe goes first (which also dictates which QGJ goes first.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    RIP whales
    Whales?

• I'm nearing the end of my Daka farming, I'll take a look at it but I did originally have Boba in mind. I would make sure Qui-Gon fits your needs...
  • So much for farming Boba once I finish with Poe
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    They definitely still need to change Poe. He's the most broken character in this game by a wide margin. Unwhaling QGJ is fine but he's hardly a solid counter to Poe. This just means instead of everyone in the top 20 having Poe, everyone in the top 20 will have both Poe and QGJ.
    I'm putting my faith in the next update. Hope it isn't misplaced.

Top team in my server stopped using his Poe. He does have QGJ and my team can't beat his Even with POE. I won't say what else is in his team
  • Lol, ppl stop running Jedi teams for a reason! Unless they nerf Sid and maul?
  • Thank you CG for convincing me not to spend on chromium packs anymore :)
    Everyone enjoy the QGJ farming!

Looking forward to farming as a F2P from now on. :)
  • I'm really happy with these changes. I feel most good light side characters are locked behind the paywall and dark side chars are more accessible.
    I can finally start thinking about a decent all-jedi team.
    I guess my Daka will be parked at 5 stars until I atleast get QGJ to 4.

He also seems like the only really good counter to Poe taunt.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I'm a whale (maybe a small one?) and I'm happy about this. QGJ is fun to play and all around an awesome character. I'm only 22 shards from getting my QGJ to 7* so this was a great gift to me. And to many other players. Thanks GC. ^^
  • So I was farming Daka for GW. Should I drop that now and do this?
  • He is there. Just tried to buy Poe with my credits and got qgj. They just have not updated the picture.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Getting a refund from the bank. Won't be playing much anymore. GL CG with your game. Smart moves since Day 1.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Ailan wrote: »
    Getting a refund from the bank. Won't be playing much anymore. GL CG with your game. Smart moves since Day 1.

Buh bye. There has never been any inication that chromium exclusive characters would stay exclusive. As one paying customer to another...kick rocks
  • Ailan wrote: »
    Getting a refund from the bank. Won't be playing much anymore. GL CG with your game. Smart moves since Day 1.

I have spent hundreds on this game aswell and I only see this as a positive thing. New characters are going to be released so they are giving players a chance at older characters. If you feel ripped off then you have never played any mobile TCG or CCG.
  • This is great news, mine is already 5 stars or close dunno haven't invested in him. I'm going for officer first. This can only be good for the game.
  • Ailan wrote: »

I hope your bank tells you to stick it.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    He is there. Just tried to buy Poe with my credits and got qgj. They just have not updated the picture.

You sure about this??
  • Good something to look forward to while we farm out dooku and Barriss. Only need 170 shards to farm QGJ to 7*, only 13k cantina crystals to go. I think I have like 5k saved up now.

Now can we have Ben and Aayla in there or GW? Please, and thank you
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    They definitely still need to change Poe. He's the most broken character in this game by a wide margin. Unwhaling QGJ is fine but he's hardly a solid counter to Poe. This just means instead of everyone in the top 20 having Poe, everyone in the top 20 will have both Poe and QGJ.
    I'm putting my faith in the next update. Hope it isn't misplaced.

:D:D

You're going to be let down again, are you going to make 500 whine threads after?
    Total damage overall needs to be changed in arena, then he'll be fine. One shots are wayy too common rn.

Damage is overblown, agreed, I started a thread on that about 3 weeks ago.
    Even with that fixed.. Poe is STILL broken. IMO, no character should be able to go first in a match and allow his entire team to move before you can do anything. Ever.
    Having a single action reduce all enemy turn meters, create a taunt and expose, and have that happen right at the start of a match... it's ludicrous. I am still hopeful they will nerf this guy because he needs it. Badly.

At what point will you stop with all the nerf calls? Would you mind writing a full list of characters you think need nerfed? Keep in mind QGJ is turn 2 and easily stunned by Dooku. He also is a true glass cannon with modest health. Could you maybe give it like one week's rest or something :wink: You campaign harder than a politician. You're tenacity is very Poe-like :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    --
    Post edited by Qeltar on
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I wouldn't call Jinn a true counter vs. Poe and that speed team. Now, in general yes, but if you're facing a similarly fast speed team than you'll still take heavy fire before Jinn moves. Across the balance of the game and teams however, yes Jinn will be a great counter vs. Poe at levels other than elite top tier meta. He's a true glass cannon and will die very easy at anything less than 6*. 5* he can survive ok, but being just turn 2 he's very vulnerable to Dooku and Sid in turn 1.

He's amazing in GW though since speed leaders work there.
    Total damage overall needs to be changed in arena, then he'll be fine. One shots are wayy too common rn.

Even with that fixed.. Poe is STILL broken. IMO, no character should be able to go first in a match and allow his entire team to move before you can do anything. Ever.
    Having a single action reduce all enemy turn meters, create a taunt and expose, and have that happen right at the start of a match... it's ludicrous. I am still hopeful they will nerf this guy because he needs it. Badly.

At what point will you stop with all the nerf calls? Would you mind writing a full list of characters you think need nerfed? Keep in mind QGJ is turn 2 and easily stunned by Dooku. He also is a true glass cannon with modest health. Could you maybe give it like one week's rest or something :wink: You campaign harder than a politician. You're tenacity is very Poe-like :)

He's only turn 2 until they fix his speed bonus to take effect at first round. Lol. Nerf QGJ!

:D:D:D His life literally revolves around this game, he'll never stop calling for nerfs. It does amuse me watching him get let down over and over again. To me Quigon in cantina shipments is pretty much saying, this is the counter we're giving you for Poe.
  • Im thinking bout running an all jedi team with mace, plo koon, lumi, offee and jk anakin or qgj actually. I know people dont like mace but his leader ability is solid and boosts offees attack. Plo koon makes mace hit like a speeding tanker and theres a chance to even further increase offense with anakin. I have yet to get any igd shards yet... but ill be adding him to the mix once i do.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

He's only turn 2 until they fix his speed bonus to take effect at first round. Lol. Nerf QGJ!

I think that's intentional for speed leaders to not work in arena. I don't think that's a bug. That would create potential nightmare teams down the road where just whatever the fastest / most OP ability is at that time, that'd be the quick and dirty meta. Basically we would move from one Poe type situation to another as most groups have a speed leader, so any future changes / new heroes could be made really OP. That'd be tough to balance.

EDIT: changed to "not" work in arena
    Edit: You know what, forget it. This place just isn't worth it.

Don't take it too serious man :) Just having some fun.
  • princess leia next please