Customer service is abysmal

Hey,

I had a purchase issue that I sent to customer service more than a week ago and my ticket has not even been opened by them yet, it is completely unacceptable (especially when you promise a 24 or 48 hr response time) and completely ruining my experience as I have made some investment in this game that I cannot currently utilize. (and no, the restore purchase button did not work)

The customer service experience is part of the game and currently it is abysmal compared to any other games I have played recently (especially if I compare it to HoDA which is from the same developer)

I hope you will fix this soon...

Thanks,
Maso

Replies

• I've read far too many posts where users are left stranded. What angers me even more is when I see players who pay for extras get shafted like this and I'm a free player, so this speaks volumes!!! You'd think they'd take care of their paying customers at least like most businesses would, but from my vantage point, it would seem that their strategy is to merely launch SWGOH into the wild and if players buy stuff and it works or not, let support of these issues be the last priority on the list.....
  • I also have messaged customer service around the same time as you and have received nothing. Make sure to post when/if they reply so I can have a idea.
  • For support to be amysmal it would imply it actually existed, which I think is still up for debate.
    --Nud Stark--
  • I had crashes and today a "restart required" and "Server down" errors at very costly moments as well as it eating gear on craft processes and they've yet to answer.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Hey Everyone, I'm sorry to hear that your having problems. I'm going to look into why you haven't heard back yet. I'll get back to you all as soon as I have an update.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • That would be great, I hope there will be compensation offered to all players who are currently live testing the product and experiencing all sorts of issues...
  • Still no reply to my ticket sent several days ago. Still absolutely no notice of the issue I wrote about even if many people here complain about it too.
    Don't release half-baked games, please.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    My ticket is "new" compared to you guys... Only 2 days ago! So i guess ill check it next week then!
  • And if you get an answer its like post your problem on forum, there you will get any suggestions. Awesome!!
  • Could each of you that are still waiting on a reply from Customer Service (and have waited more than 48 hours) send me your ticket #? Go ahead and direct message it to me along with your ally code.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Could each of you that are still waiting on a reply from Customer Service (and have waited more than 48 hours) send me your ticket #? Go ahead and direct message it to me along with your ally code.

EA_Jesse - I was on chat with Support, and they flat out told me there is absolutely nothing they can do for this game and posting here was my only option...

Have the transcript.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Such a nice game but so many issues and a completely incompetent or just ignorant staff... Too bad, really!
  • NachoFoot
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I never received the Dooku offer and I think my kid blew through 1400 gems because they went missing.

I called and they said tough luck and there was nothing they could do. 718-762-592
  • NachoFoot wrote: »
    I never received the Dooku offer and I think my kid blew through 1400 gems because they went missing.

I called and they said tough luck and there was nothing they could do. 718-762-592

You just said you think your kid accessed your game and spent your crystals and you're blaming EA support because they said they couldn't do anything about it?

EA support definitely sucks but that one's on you man, there's no way they can prove that you didn't just spend all those crystals and then had buyers remorse and try to blame it on your kid spending it all.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I sent a tickets DAYS ago and still haven't heard back. edit: sent you the ticket # EA_Jesse
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Could each of you that are still waiting on a reply from Customer Service (and have waited more than 48 hours) send me your ticket #? Go ahead and direct message it to me along with your ally code.
    Sent you a PM.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Guys, EA has terrible customer service, "It's a known issue".

It took us years to get passable customer service in Madden, one of their biggest games and that was really only because an actual member of the community made it on to the development team and started fighting for us. Their FIFA franchise makes them a billion dollars a year and STILL has awful customer service. The likelihood of this game getting much attention is slim to none.

This is an app game, don't take it for more than that.
  • AaronNemoyten
    74 posts
    edited December 2015
    DigitalKLB wrote: »
    This is an app game, don't take it for more than that.

No, DO take it for more. The game team and our lead customer service rep have spent a lot of time planning for the game's release to ensure that we have solid customer service. We have every intention of providing a great customer service experience for the game. If we're failing, then let's figure out what's going wrong so we can fix it. Please provide more information. Please DO NOT give up.

I am curious how some of you are contacting support, because I'm not sure that the CS team for the game supports calling in or live chat.

-Aaron
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    I am curious how some of you are contacting support, because I'm not sure that the CS team for the game supports calling in or live chat.

-Aaron

I tried here and also gave my ticket #number to EA_Jesse over a PM, still no answer and its been SENT: Dec 7, 2015 3:24:31 AM
  • @Otar wrote: »

-Aaron

I tried here and also gave my ticket #number to EA_Jesse over a PM, still no answer and its been SENT: Dec 7, 2015 3:24:31 AM

I've never worked at EA but I've worked in customer support before so this is just me speaking from my own experience.

Whatever your issue is, it's unlikely that EA_Jesse can immediately fix it for you. So chances are he's following it up with whoever is responsible for fixing your particular issue. In a large team this takes time so don't assume that nothing is being done just because it's been a few days since you sent a message.

If Capital Games and EA team members on these boards keep saying that they're trying to do their best to respond to everyone's problems then I highly doubt they're just going to be ignoring you.

I understand it's frustrating if you can't play a game for whatever reason but patience is always a good thing to have when it comes to these things.

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Slushie wrote: »
    @Otar wrote: »

-Aaron

I've never worked at EA but I've worked in customer support before so this is just me speaking from my own experience.

Whatever your issue is, it's unlikely that EA_Jesse can immediately fix it for you. So chances are he's following it up with whoever is responsible for fixing your particular issue. In a large team this takes time so don't assume that nothing is being done just because it's been a few days since you sent a message.

If Capital Games and EA team members on these boards keep saying that they're trying to do their best to respond to everyone's problems then I highly doubt they're just going to be ignoring you.

I understand it's frustrating if you can't play a game for whatever reason but patience is always a good thing to have when it comes to these things.

I have no clue why you felt the need to assume so many things i could have not possible meant in my simple and short msg quoted above, for most sane and reasonable people, it looks like just a simple answer to his question, nothing more, nothing less! Its short and easy to read! In any way shape or form i made any of the claims, that you took the liberty into making in my name on your insane and needless post also quoted above... But hey, nice bumper sticker advice you have there! Thanks!
  • @Otar wrote: »
    Slushie wrote: »
    @Otar wrote: »

-Aaron

I have no clue why you felt the need to assume so many things i could have not possible meant in my simple and short msg quoted above, for most sane and reasonable people, it looks like just a simple answer to his question, nothing more, nothing less! Its short and easy to read! In any way shape or form i made any of the claims, that you took the liberty into making in my name on your insane and needless post also quoted above... But hey, nice bumper sticker advice you have there! Thanks!

I apologise, I didn't mean to come across that way in my comment.

I should have also stated that I wasn't directing all this at you directly but was meant to be a general comment to everyone in this thread that complaining about how long it's taking EA support to get anything done.

I pressed quote on your post instead of just replying to the thread. My bad.
  • Well guess what Igot a reply,,, His advice in a notshell was to reboot my PC .... LOL Seriousl guys giving a scripted reply that isnt even platform specific is hardly helping your situation.

I have created 4 tickets now for seperate issues, NONE resolved!
  • yahoda333, I'm sorry that you received an unhelpful response. If you can send me your ticket # for that specific issue, I can look into it.

Please be aware that the expected response time is 1-2 days (48 hours), so creating more tickets isn't necessarily going to get you a response faster.

-Aaron
  • Congrats to EA support,,, they came up with the goods THANKS GUYS

I have to say the response has been first class and follow up to ensure I am satisfied has been just as good.
  • Great to hear. We aim to please :)

-Aaron
  • The worrying thing is that for both my issues the EA techs said "known issue, sorry go and post on forums" and it was only when I followed up and provided extra info and screenshots, the response changed from "known issue sorry" to "this is now being looked at by the developers". If I hadn't been persistent then they would have been happy to go no further.

I guess the lesson is to be as concise and detailed as possible when reporting issues. Adding screenshots and steps to recreate the issue to my tickets meant that the EA guys forwarded them to devs
  • this has happened to me... I waited one week for an email telling me how to reset my router, then another how to use the restore button. It look like they dont know what they are doing, at the end the told me that I didnt do the purchase (even though I had the proof) and there wasnt anything they can do. So I decided not to pay any$ for a company that doesnt stand for the customers, even people from google recomended not to purchases anything from ea
  • Thats the trick with service. You need detailed info and preferably a screenshot to be helped 100%. There are bugs in pvp which are not in "campaign" mode i.e. So the more details the easier it is to look into and get an answer that is accurate.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • peche1987 - That doesn't sound helpful at all. Please send me a direct message with all of the details and I will personally follow up on your issue.

We have received several reports of players being directed to the forums when they shouldn't have been.

When this happened - did you file a ticket through the in-game help? Or did you search out EA help via the web? Please let me know - I'm concerned that some of you are going through EA's general support rather than mobile support.

-Aaron