Lockout for rewards flawed system

Prev134567
tj5270
177 posts Member
edited November 2016
Could one of the developers please comment, or update how/when it is determined someone has exceeded to weekly rewards.

I don't think this has clearly been explained, because since the inception of this lockout system, it is incorrectly locking guildmates out that have not guild hopped or fought more raids then the rest of their mates on the same team...

I know the guild I'm apart of can't be the only one where half of the people you run with are being locked out and the other half aren't.

extremely flawed and unfair to those not abusing the system but still being effected

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon and another developer any feedback you can provide to help determine someone's lockout would be helpful to all the players

Replies

• I would not mind betting that guild hoppers are still getting double rewards
  • That may be true, but there ALOT of legit players who are being cut off and no real explanation why... so all we are left to do is make bold assumptions and hope that it's right.

An accurate explanation off how the system determines the weekly lockout or what can be done to correct the system seems like the least we could get
  • The minimum you'd expect from a "strategic" game is an explanation about how things work.
    But nope... that's too much
  • Johnny9519 wrote: »
    The minimum you'd expect from a "strategic" game is an explanation about how things work.
    But nope... that's too much

Agreed Johnny and I'm okay with the devs working to make sure cheating/exploiting...

But when honest players are being effected negatively, then additional clarification, or work is needed to make sure we are all on level playing ground.

I'm sure most guilds have players from all over the world and officers/leaders try to make sure everyone has equal opportunity, but how do you do that without all the facts
  • Been in same guild since guilds were first introduced into game and I am being locked out of rewards. It stinks. :(
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Been in same guild since guilds were first introduced into game and I am being locked out of rewards. It stinks. :(

Thanks for commenting warmonkey... I think if we can get more people from different guilds etc posting @EA_Jesse or @CG_Kozispoon or other devs will see this and know there is a serious problem with not necessarily the weekly lockout, but maybe the explanation of how/when the system determines the 210 cap is met...

Either way at it's core there is a flaw (systemically or the communication) and it needs to be addressed.

To date, I haven't been effected, but out of a guild of 50 people seeing half say they're locked out is just too much...
  • Same situation. I've been with the same guild since day 1 and have never guild hopped or exploited and am ineligible for our current Rancor Raid. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    @EA_Jesse
  • Same thing happened to me today and several guild members in order 66 501st division. It sucks :( considering we never left the guild.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The funny part is that it did seem to be explained very well, but it is just not working how it was explained.

I mean at the end they even said it would only effect those involved in guild hopping...

Hope this gets sorted.
  • Thanks to all posting... hopefully we can keep this going with more awareness to the devs
  • Those 150k extra coins did more harm than good
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • As cynical as I am, I am still surprised that there hasn't been at least a "we're looking into it" type of reply yet. There have been tons of threads about this already, so they have to know it is a problem, and I'm pretty sure they aren't making money by leaving such a nasty bug unresolved. The only answer I can think of for why this hasn't been addressed yet is that someone is just flat out too lazy to bother doing their job.

It would be such a simple fix too, unless there is an actual bug in addition to the messed up math. Just change it from 210k per week to 510k per two weeks, as long as they remembered to raise the limit temporarily if they give out free tickets again.
  • Happened to me, they need to change the rule quick. They made it too strict.
  • As cynical as I am, I am still surprised that there hasn't been at least a "we're looking into it" type of reply yet. There have been tons of threads about this already, so they have to know it is a problem, and I'm pretty sure they aren't making money by leaving such a nasty bug unresolved. The only answer I can think of for why this hasn't been addressed yet is that someone is just flat out too lazy to bother doing their job.

It would be such a simple fix too, unless there is an actual bug in addition to the messed up math. Just change it from 210k per week to 510k per two weeks, as long as they remembered to raise the limit temporarily if they give out free tickets again.

I think the 150 was fine to give but keeping the cap with that 150 given would make no sense....

For the 210k a week I think confirming what this is based on would be key. We've got people here in the US in our guild and it looks like they are attached to a EU Server (their payout was set to reset at 7:00 pm est, which i am told is midnight gmt).

This is where we run into the huge problem. We shouldn't have to try to brainstorm about this.
  • slama wrote: »
    Happened to me, they need to change the rule quick. They made it too strict.

Appreciate you posting... and sjk didn't know there have been multiple postings about this topic, which is even more concerning. For this being set up to be a community game, this seems to be awfully counterintuitive
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The funny part is that it did seem to be explained very well, but it is just not working how it was explained.

I mean at the end they even said it would only effect those involved in guild hopping...

Hope this gets sorted.

You're right, explanation was fine but it does not seem to be working as intended. My guild is currently at max bank and wasted 10k coins today due to all members being ineligible for rewards even though we still raid every other day. We saved up coins so that 600 would not be such an issue and even at that, we still hit the limit. Definitely something off about it, hopefully it's fixed sooner than later

• Brandonρ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Hope this gets sorted.

You're right, explanation was fine but it does not seem to be working as intended. My guild is currently at max bank and wasted 10k coins today due to all members being ineligible for rewards even though we still raid every other day. We saved up coins so that 600 would not be such an issue and even at that, we still hit the limit. Definitely something off about it, hopefully it's fixed sooner than later

shouldnt be running into a problem lime this... if we have guildmembers working to make sure they get their 600 a day / 30k then they shouldn't be "rewarded" with a notice telling them they can't reap the rewards for their time...

And after reading I find it confusing that if the devs really are watching our accounts, and not some program blocking, we wouldn't be running into this program in the first place
  • Well hopefully this is becoming the "official" thread for this issue. Fortunately in my guild I seem to be the only one who got this message, even though several members switched over from my old guild after it collapsed following the launch of the AAT raid. Even though they are all on Line, and presumably ran the same raid schedule as me (unless they all failed to participate in a raid), none of them mentioned getting the message. They should all be in the same situation, so it appears to be random.

The message appeared for my fourth raid in 7 days. Since my guild strictly requires 600/600 daily we do 4 raids every other week. I switched guilds over 2 weeks ago. So I find it strange that I never received a message the week after I switched (when I would have received 4+ rewards as this was after all guilds had their coins topped off), but now it seemingly randomly happens over 2 weeks later.

I hope this doesn't happen every time we run 4 raids in a week.

• IdraRage wrote: »
    Well hopefully this is becoming the "official" thread for this issue. Fortunately in my guild I seem to be the only one who got this message, even though several members switched over from my old guild after it collapsed following the launch of the AAT raid. Even though they are all on Line, and presumably ran the same raid schedule as me (unless they all failed to participate in a raid), none of them mentioned getting the message. They should all be in the same situation, so it appears to be random.

The message appeared for my fourth raid in 7 days. Since my guild strictly requires 600/600 daily we do 4 raids every other week. I switched guilds over 2 weeks ago. So I find it strange that I never received a message the week after I switched (when I would have received 4+ rewards as this was after all guilds had their coins topped off), but now it seemingly randomly happens over 2 weeks later.

Thanks for posting Idra... hopefully that helps get closer to the specifcs of timing as to why one would get this and not the other ... also if we are working his 600 we shouldn't be hindered for working to do the 4 rancor legit... just like would be for trying to do 3 tank raids (which should be able to be done)
  • Our guild just launched a Rancor raid and several of us, including me, are locked out of rewards. I've been a part of this guild for more than 2 weeks and haven't left.

EA's promise on this subject when they announced the changes was that we could comfortably operate as usual without issue. Clearly this is not the case, as we can't possibly be exceeding "normal" behavior if we're just using the tickets we accrue.

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • ItsWedge wrote: »
    Our guild just launched a Rancor raid and several of us, including me, are locked out of rewards. I've been a part of this guild for more than 2 weeks and haven't left.

EA's promise on this subject when they announced the changes was that we could comfortably operate as usual without issue. Clearly this is not the case, as we can't possibly be exceeding "normal" behavior if we're just using the tickets we accrue.

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon

Thanks wedge... I know in our guild, to try and combat this we posted who was effected and about what time they were effected, and it seemed everyone had the same time, so we could try and come up with a work around, but it doesn't change the fact you are absolutely correct, and hope one of the devs attached can at least confirm they are seeing this posting and the problems it's causing
  • Bump so anyone else out there who wants to add their name in hopes that some of the devs see this @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • Been in the same guild since it was released, now I'm locked from receiving rewards ......
  • Murders wrote: »
    Been in the same guild since it was released, now I'm locked from receiving rewards ......

Thanks for posting murders... think if we keep this going the devs will take notice.
  • redoschi
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    IdraRage wrote: »

I've also been in the same guild since guilds were introduced, I'm one of the Officers of "Brasil BR".

We never do raids on Saturdays as several members might be out for the weekend so we save for Sunday night.
    Last week we did raids on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then yesterday we did another raid and most members were locked out from rewards (myself included).

Only 2 members joined in the past week, all others have been in the guild for weeks and most for months!

When they first introduced the idea that they would lock people out of rewards, they mentioned that only guild hoppers would be affected:
    Guild Switching Prevention: Some guilds have been using guild switching (or hopping) to participate in far more raids than should be possible if its members all stayed part of one guild. With our previous update we attempted to stop this unintended behavior by making players that switched guilds ineligible for raid rewards for a 48 hour period. Unfortunately this change was not succeeding in a manner we were satisfied with. With our recent update, we are removing the 48 hour ineligibility for Raid rewards when switching guilds and introducing a new change. The maximum Guild Bank Coins that a guild can earn per day is 30k (210k in a week). We will be tracking individual player participation in each Raid, retaining the summon cost for each Raid participated in, and stop providing raid rewards to the player after he/she has participated in raids that exceed the limit of 210k per week to summon. This will only affect players that are participating in the guild switching.

I believe they could apply this lockout directly to people who have entered their present guild in the last 7-10 days for example. That way it wouldn't affect people who never switched guilds.
  • I am having the same issue.
  • We are having the same issue in our guild

Many of our members got locked out of a Rancor raid, only those that missed a raid early in the week were able to get rewards

This is really unfair.
  • I have switched guilds twice and it was not to exploit anything. First guild was stuck on T6 but i wanted to do T7 so i switched. I just recently switched again because my guild was falling apart and no longer as active as before.

I have never received this message but from briefly reading some of the posts on here it seems like people who received this message have been in the same guild. I wonder if the dev's messed up and put a limited amount of rewards received per player in one guild. This doesn't make sense and shouldn't be the case but you never know.

Hopefully this gets resolved or at least explained to you soon. Goodluck.
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »
    I have switched guilds twice and it was not to exploit anything. First guild was stuck on T6 but i wanted to do T7 so i switched. I just recently switched again because my guild was falling apart and no longer as active as before.

I have never received this message but from briefly reading some of the posts on here it seems like people who received this message have been in the same guild. I wonder if the dev's messed up and put a limited amount of rewards received per player in one guild. This doesn't make sense and shouldn't be the case but you never know.

Hopefully this gets resolved or at least explained to you soon. Goodluck.

Thanks to everyOne above for adding your names to the post... for those switching etc I don't think that would necessarily be the cause... as they were saying they are tracking individual participation, but I do think it has to do with the server you are being placed on. So no matter where you go, there is a specific timetable they use, which might not necessarily match your local time (one of our officers is based on the west coast, but has gotten lockout based on 12 midnight in the EU)

Let's keep adding more folks so the devs will see this posting and either fix this or provide a more accurate description of the lockout...

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm in Order 66 41st division and this just happened to me, too. I'm especially confused bc this didn't happen to anyone else in our guild? Of course, I wasn't guild hopping either. Nor did I switch guilds. Some kind of explanation, and, dare I say, compensation would be great. @CG_Kozispoon