Character Strategy- Chirruit Imwe

Prev134
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
Chirrut Imwe
Balanced Rebel Attacker who dispels debuffs, heals allies, and grants Tenacity Up.
Unlocks at: 3 stars
Available from: Squad Arena Tournament
lo2nkarddyoa.jpg
Abilities
Basic Attack – Staff Strike:
q7yffzxbxb5q.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70% chance (Based on Ability Level) to gain Heal Over Time for 2-3 turns (Based on Ability Level). If the target is debuffed, grant Heal Over Time to a random ally for 2-3 turns (Based on Ability Level).
  • Special Attack – As the Force Wills:
    srcdkqxe8cu9.gif
  • All allies have their current Health percentages equalized. Dispel all debuffs from all allies and grant them a Heal Over Time effect for 1-4 turns (Based on Ability Level) for each effect dispelled. Allies that were not debuffed gain Tenacity Up for 1-3 turns (Based on Ability Level).
  • Special Attack – Strength of Purpose:
    smqd8zkp58v6.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy, dealing 5-20% more damage (Based on Ability Level) for each buffed ally. If Baze Malbus is present, he is called to Assist.
Unique Ability – Indomitable Will:
  • Chirrut Imwe gains +5-17% Counter Chance and Health Steal (Based on Ability Level) for each living enemy, doubled for Empire enemies. If Baze Malbus is present, he also gains these bonuses.
  • Unique Ability – Resolute Endurance:
  • Whenever a Rebel ally is Critically Hit they gain Heal Over Time for 2 turns. At the start of each turn, if Chirrut Inwe is alive, all allies with Heal Over Time recover 1-4% of their Max Health (Based on Ability Level).
General Strategy
  • Chirrut provides Heals over Time and Tenacity Up, consistently topping off the health of your allies and greatly reducing the chance of enemies applying debuffs against them.
  • “Strength of Purpose” gives Chirrut a strong burst of damage as long as all your allies can keep their buffs on.
Hero Synergies
  • Chirrut is fantastic on his own, but really shines when grouped with his friend and protector Baze Malbus. When paired, the duo shares their unique bonuses to Max Health, Health Steal, and Counter Attack Chance.
  • Chirrut greatly increases the staying power of Rebel tanks, providing Heals over Time when they are crit.
  • When used in non-Rebel squads, Baze and Chirrut provide a solid core of taunt, heals, dispel and cleanse in addition to potent burst damage. This presents several interesting options that can be built around this core.
Where to Use
  • Chirrut is distinct as an Attacker who can cleanse debuffs. Since he has two Uniques abilities and no Leader ability you can replace Ackbar or Rex in their respective squads, opening up new paths of Leadership.
  • Adding Chirrut to your existing Rebel Galactic War squad will greatly increase his allies’ survivability, allowing you to complete more of the board with a single squad.
  • Players have been previously limited to having two or three squads with group cleanse to attempt to do the first tier of the Rancor raid, Chirrut provides the player with another quality attempt at the Gamorrean Captain and his Guards without worrying about having to retreat your other cleansers.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

Replies

• Combination of Obi-wan, Bariss Offee, Wedge, and piles of HoTs
  • Squad Arena Tournament kills all form of interest.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I get that his cleanse is a great utility for raids, but if this is like last tourney, no one will unlock him at a high enough star level to be able to use him in raids. @CG_Kozispoon, any plans to make him farmable after the tourney so he'll be useful for raids, like you suggested? Thanks.
  • They released Shaolin Punk as a playable character, sans lightsaber
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    Squad Arena Tournament kills all form of interest.

Ignore at your own peril

Speaking truly. Not much fun indeed, after hours of playing and was knocked out of 100, eventually got rewards for 200 or lower.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    djvita wrote: »
    They released Shaolin Punk as a playable character, sans lightsaber

Bro, you know I use light-chucks, right?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Jedi2407 wrote: »
    I get that his cleanse is a great utility for raids, but if this is like last tourney, no one will unlock him at a high enough star level to be able to use him in raids. @CG_Kozispoon, any plans to make him farmable after the tourney so he'll be useful for raids, like you suggested? Thanks.

Yeah that's a great point. I'd love to know what percentage of players actually have a 7-star Shoretrooper. Shoretrooper can easily get by as a 3 or 4 star in Arena and GW but I don't know how successful an attacker can be in Arena. Not to mention it can't be used in heroic raids. Great question from Jedi, hope for an answer. Thanks!

@CG_Kozispoon
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

Yeah that's a great point. I'd love to know what percentage of players actually have a 7-star Shoretrooper. Shoretrooper can easily get by as a 3 or 4 star in Arena and GW but I don't know how successful an attacker can be in Arena. Not to mention it can't be used in heroic raids. Great question from Jedi, hope for an answer. Thanks!

@CG_Kozispoon

They won't provide any info as to where the last tournament character, ST, or TP will be available. I don't think we are going to get any information as to where the character that will probably be the reward for the next 2 tournaments will be available and when.
  • 1. We only have 5 resistance in the game but you insist on adding more rebel units Why not make them resistance???
    2. I have 6 viable rebels at 7 stars with akbar lead, I see no point to get more since i need to exclude leia from squad usually anyway
    3. It's heals look nice he has great potential but since he is released in PV and we have no way of maxing him in 2 months he's not worth the trouble
    4. Only 5 resistance members in the game again either remove them and make them rebels or add more resistance.... we need them for the speed mods meta late game etc
    5. We have over a dozen rebels now and with all that akbar is bringing he is lead, luke has a stun, so does han solo....nice to have a healer I guess but why release him as a PVP only 1 person will get him
    6. most of us still miss shore trooper....to be activated and we were heavy spenders 2 but can't break trough the top 100 for the love of God
    7. Again why another rebel there are like 5 rebels in the game added this year... Please
    8. I know they want new toons but I feel like chewie and han need synergy as well as a rework they are the legendary ones not Chirrut Imwe and I can tell you by the name that he won't reach Han's solo lvl of cinematic quality
    9. Don't get me wrong pretty excited to have a healer coming out for rebel squad just a bit spiteful he will take forever to unlock...if ever
    10. Could you guys consider extending activation of PVP toon at lower tiers and then adding a bunch of shards because at 20 shards per tournament he will take 3 tournaments to open - top 500 on a continent server with P2w
    11. Alternatively why not run 2 servers one with people that payed bellow 100$ lifetime and one with above, it would give a chance to players to actualy compeete you know kinda hard to go against a rex team with a droid squad...
  • 1. We only have 5 resistance in the game but you insist on adding more rebel units Why not make them resistance???
    2. I have 6 viable rebels at 7 stars with akbar lead, I see no point to get more since i need to exclude leia from squad usually anyway
    3. It's heals look nice he has great potential but since he is released in PV and we have no way of maxing him in 2 months he's not worth the trouble
    4. Only 5 resistance members in the game again either remove them and make them rebels or add more resistance.... we need them for the speed mods meta late game etc
    5. We have over a dozen rebels now and with all that akbar is bringing he is lead, luke has a stun, so does han solo....nice to have a healer I guess but why release him as a PVP only 1 person will get him
    6. most of us still miss shore trooper....to be activated and we were heavy spenders 2 but can't break trough the top 100 for the love of God
    7. Again why another rebel there are like 5 rebels in the game added this year... Please
    8. I know they want new toons but I feel like chewie and han need synergy as well as a rework they are the legendary ones not Chirrut Imwe and I can tell you by the name that he won't reach Han's solo lvl of cinematic quality
    9. Don't get me wrong pretty excited to have a healer coming out for rebel squad just a bit spiteful he will take forever to unlock...if ever
    10. Could you guys consider extending activation of PVP toon at lower tiers and then adding a bunch of shards because at 20 shards per tournament he will take 3 tournaments to open - top 500 on a continent server with P2w
    11. Alternatively why not run 2 servers one with people that payed bellow 100$ lifetime and one with above, it would give a chance to players to actualy compeete you know kinda hard to go against a rex team with a droid squad...
    1. Enormous Difference between Rebels and Resistance, like 30 years difference
    2. Is the game only about you?
    3. What about the people that can get him?
    4. Same as 1
    5. PVP is the arena, tournaments are different, their is more then 1 leader board, 1000 of people will get him, he is not only available at 7*
    6. He will become farmable eventually
    7. Stop repeating number 1, you are just Complaining
    8. How have you seen Rogue one? The movies not out yet!
    9. Many people will have him,
    10. PVP toons are in the arena store, this is tournaments. Save up your ally points, P2W can't spend crystals to buy ally points
    11. There are tons of servers/leaderboards

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    1. We only have 5 resistance in the game but you insist on adding more rebel units Why not make them resistance???

Did u even watch A Force Awakens?
  • Sounds like barris offee on steroids. If you're gonna release this guy please buff barris
  • No-one going to ask the important question... where is Baze Malbus going to be available from? And I am naming the pair "Chaze" btw!
  • Also the screenie shows 5 abilities, not 4 as described. What is the 5th ability?
  • No-one going to ask the important question... where is Baze Malbus going to be available from? And I am naming the pair "Chaze" btw!
    Chromium
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Stated Baze will be Chromium
  • Also the screenie shows 5 abilities, not 4 as described. What is the 5th ability?

There are 2 uniques described in the post Indomitable Will and Resolute Endurance, together with the basic and 2 specials, that makes five. I missed it at first glance aswell.
    I do like "Chaze", or how about "Chibus"?
  • Donnie Yen is here! He should have a wing chun ability though.. I cannot wait to have this guy!
  • Apoc88 wrote: »
    Donnie Yen is here! He should have a wing chun ability though.. I cannot wait to have this guy!
    +1
    Dude should be able to take on 10 Imperial fighters and spank the lot of them... for a single bag of blood-stained rice.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Big question is: would this toon be viable at 4* as most could realistically gun for that? Shore is viable coz he is a tank, but I am not sure about an attacker to be viable with low health and such, even with high gear level
  • SifuSteve wrote: »
    Apoc88 wrote: »
    Donnie Yen is here! He should have a wing chun ability though.. I cannot wait to have this guy!
    +1
    Dude should be able to take on 10 Imperial fighters and spank the lot of them... for a single bag of blood-stained rice.

Lmao
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Sounds like barris offee on steroids. If you're gonna release this guy please buff barris

Revert the nerfs! #MakeBarrissGreatAgain
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • When is he out?
  • So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?
  • 10. PVP toons are in the arena store, this is tournaments. Save up your ally points, P2W can't spend crystals to buy ally points

Technically, they can. They buy energy refreshes for missions - missions reward ally points.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

Did you bother to read the ability? He crit for 23k because every ally on his team was buffed. Other characters can do more than that with minimal effort.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

Keep in mind that the example is modded with crit damage, and this is the best case scenario with all 5 allies buffed (for +100% damage). With the current Rebels, you would need to run someone like Leia or raid Han to get your allies buffed on turn one, so you will either need to leave out one of your staples and use a less common team, or take more turns to set up.

----

Chirrut seems like he will be most useful as a survivability option for rebels in phase 2 or 4 of the AAT raid. Being able to equalize STHan's health in a squad like Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STHan/Chirrut is nice, as well as cleansing after the main tank's AoE that inflicts DoTs. With current health levels and attacker dominance, it's hard to see him fitting in well in the arena, especially if he is most useful with another character. Maybe he'll see play if a Rebel leader with a health bonus is released, where you can better take advantage of the HoTs.

Keep in mind that the example is modded with crit damage, and this is the best case scenario with all 5 allies buffed (for +100% damage). With the current Rebels, you would need to run someone like Leia or raid Han to get your allies buffed on turn one, so you will either need to leave out one of your staples and use a less common team, or take more turns to set up.

----

Chirrut seems like he will be most useful as a survivability option for rebels in phase 2 or 4 of the AAT raid. Being able to equalize STHan's health in a squad like Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STHan/Chirrut is nice, as well as cleansing after the main tank's AoE that inflicts DoTs. With current health levels and attacker dominance, it's hard to see him fitting in well in the arena, especially if he is most useful with another character. Maybe he'll see play if a Rebel leader with a health bonus is released, where you can better take advantage of the HoTs.

Yeah, I don't think he'll be that strong all the time but we haven't seen Baze's abilities yet.

The problem with him being useful in raids is that you have to have a 7-star version of him and the tournament will make that very limited in supply unless he's released for farming later.