Lockout for rewards flawed system

Replies

• JJWZP5 wrote: »
    I'm in Order 66 41st division and this just happened to me, too. I'm especially confused bc this didn't happen to anyone else in our guild? Of course, I wasn't guild hopping either. Nor did I switch guilds. Some kind of explanation, and, dare I say, compensation would be great. @CG_Kozispoon

Thanks for posting bud and I agree those effected (I wasn't one, but know plenty who were) should be provided some type of compensation since they were excluded raid rewards for a flawed/poorly explained system edit

• Zyron
    135 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Typical CG development; 1. We create something of which we have no idea how it really works or affects the players, and our own Game. 2. Beside that, we hope and pray to God that there are no bugs, cuz we wouldnt know how to fix them cuz of 1.
  • Zyron wrote: »
    Typical CG development; 1. We create something of which we have no idea how it really works or affects the players, and our own Game. 2. Beside that, we hope and pray to God that there are no bugs, cuz we wouldnt know how to fix them cuz of 1.

Thanks zyron I don't know if it's a bug, but leaving the masses to try to come up with a solution to a problem that should of been properly explained, is a problem... giving us the numbers doesn't help us with how the program will detect the cap. This is exactly what happened and why so many are effected.

If given the proper information, leads and members alike would not be sitting here hands in the air, trying to figure something out, that shouldn't be a problem in the first place
  • I was just coming to start this thread if there wasn't one. Thank you for doing it and keeping it civil.

We've had several guild members hit this issue. The first week we wrote it off as an unintended consequence of the free coins (which is still super not cool, but it happens). It's happening again this week and it's just not ok- guildies doing their part and being locked out of raid rewards, particularly due to an anti-cheat mechanism triggering for folks who are absolutely not cheating (or guild hopping or anything) is just very disengaging.

Very interested in anything the devs have to say. We thought it might be time zone related? Tough to really test in detail tho.

Thanks.

Cc: @EA_Jesse , @CG_Kozispoon
  • FN_0914 wrote: »
    I was just coming to start this thread if there wasn't one. Thank you for doing it and keeping it civil.

We've had several guild members hit this issue. The first week we wrote it off as an unintended consequence of the free coins (which is still super not cool, but it happens). It's happening again this week and it's just not ok- guildies doing their part and being locked out of raid rewards, particularly due to an anti-cheat mechanism triggering for folks who are absolutely not cheating (or guild hopping or anything) is just very disengaging.

Very interested in anything the devs have to say. We thought it might be time zone related? Tough to really test in detail tho.

Thanks.

Cc: @EA_Jesse , @CG_Kozispoon

Thanks for adding to the list FN and happy to try and help get this fixed. Agreed not okay for people to do their part and not reap the rewards.

Another thought going across our guild is even if a raid is started with a lockout active, waiting for your timer to go away before logging anything on that raid.

So you want to wait until the time goes away before starting and they should (again not 100% fact but anything is better then nothing) be able to get the rewards for damage.

If someone tries this and it doesn't work, please correct me... if we're still waiting on devs to comment, at least we can use this thread to help those effected in the interim...
  • I also understand that some people are still able to exploit the mechanism by guild hopping into guilds that have different time zones set. So not only are normal players being penalized, it appears that original issue still isn't solved. We've gone backward.

This is an example where KISS mentality is sorely needed. The logic is too complex to manage on the developer side and on the user side. I'm not even convinced guild hopping was a problem that needed a solution in the first place. If someone is willing to try that hard, then let them have the extra rewards.
  • ItsWedge wrote: »
    I also understand that some people are still able to exploit the mechanism by guild hopping into guilds that have different time zones set. So not only are normal players being penalized, it appears that original issue still isn't solved. We've gone backward.

This is an example where KISS mentality is sorely needed. The logic is too complex to manage on the developer side and on the user side. I'm not even convinced guild hopping was a problem that needed a solution in the first place. If someone is willing to try that hard, then let them have the extra rewards.

Not sure about still being able to exploit, but if there are, then this problem is even more of a problem, because you are exactly right.

And KISS is a great analogy and is EXACTLY what this situation needs.

Simply implementing a program to watch the count "set it and forget it," does nothing to resolve the situation... with the amount of $$$ going into this game, and EA backing the product, there needs to be personnel working to resolve the situation... sometimes just a program is not enough.

This is another situation which shows just how badly we need to sometimes wait on all this "new content" and make sure the basics work like they are supposed to (Teebo anyone).
  • Finally got an e-mail from customer support about this. Not only did it take a week for them to reply, but basically they told me they couldn't help. Advised me to post on forums, and closed my case. Excellent customer service. So now I can post on the forums and wait another week with probably the same results.
  • Unbelievable CG has not even commented on this yet. This is a major bug and needs to be fixed asap.
  • Just try to bump posts in general discussion about it and hope they get some more visibility. This has been going on for a while and the silence is maddening.
  • Just try to bump posts in general discussion about it and hope they get some more visibility. This has been going on for a while and the silence is maddening.

Thanks guys and yup the more we have, the bigger our voice.

When I posted this in general discussion, it was moved to the bugs and fixes section, which i understand, but agree, feels like it is losing the attention it needs. I'll see what I can do about getting this back in the general discussion, where we need everyone to see.
  • opusx wrote: »
    Finally got an e-mail from customer support about this. Not only did it take a week for them to reply, but basically they told me they couldn't help. Advised me to post on forums, and closed my case. Excellent customer service. So now I can post on the forums and wait another week with probably the same results.

Thanks for providing the update about customer service... that's great to se another avenue was tried, even though it failed, that much more reason we need the devs to review and provide some update to this problem

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    I'm sorry to hear y'all are experiencing this issue. In order to investigate further, could you please reply to this thread with your ally code and the name of your guild? Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • 794-443-749 SHATTERPOINT
    Was locked out of (1) reward #8.
    SHATTERPOINT
  • Ally code 658-488-454
    Guild Straw Hats
  • 188-643-972
    Guild: Straw Hats
  • Hiya!
    I'm sorry to hear y'all are experiencing this issue. In order to investigate further, could you please reply to this thread with your ally code and the name of your guild? Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for posting and helping to get this in the devs hands. For all those effected, if you can get it out to your guildmates so we can all get this fixed, and ensure that everyone who deserves it, gets the rewards they deserve.

For any of the mods @BentWookiee and sorry anyone I might have missed anyway we can get this out to more folks on the forums so they are aware it's reached the devs?

Thanks for the help
  • 393-574-545

SHATTERPOINT
  • 716-462-881
    Mighty Chlorians
  • DeathStarVentDesigners
    799-745-344
  • Looks like this has become the main thread for this.

183-229-456
    Mighty Chlorians
  • 942-688-329
    shatterpoint
  • 262-697-656
    It happened when I was in League of Deadly Sith (I'm in The Mighty PSi now)
    I also have a pending EA support case if you want that #, just let me know.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Here goes another for a buddy in the guild I'm apart of:

Shatterpoint
    491-237-377
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    262-697-656
    It happened when I was in League of Deadly Sith (I'm in The Mighty PSi now)
    I also have a pending EA support case if you want that #, just let me know.

Hey Rex thanks for adding to the list. It couldn't hurt and maybe with everyone adding, will help get @CG_Kozispoon and the rest of the devs to the root of the problem
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Here is another buddy from my guild effected by the lockout:

Shatterpoint
    162-946-563
    Rng worshiper
  • Another from my guild:

Shatterpoint
    218-813-596
  • Another guildmate effected:

Shatterpoint
    828-849-511
  • Another guildmate stating they were effected by the lockout

Shatterpoint
    453-316-816
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Been in same guild since guilds were first introduced into game and I am being locked out of rewards. It stinks. :(

Now I'm kinda of glad I didn't join ;)