Difficult Math? Simple Solution! Why are we being punished?

Prev1
A guild is allowed to use 210K worth of Rancor Raid Tickets and the corresponding members are allowed to benefit from those raid rewards. A guild is capable of earning 30K tickets per day per raid type.
30,000 x 7(days in a week) = 210,000

A Heroic Rancor Raid costs 60,000. If a guild of 50 loyal and hard working members earns 30,000 each day then that means they could start and complete a Heroic Rancor raid every two days. There are an odd number of days in a week, 7 to be exact. Let's walk through an example:

Sunday Guild xyz earns 30K.
Monday Guild xyz earns 30K and then Completes a Heroic Rancor Raid
Tuesday Guild xyz earns 30K.
Wednesday Guild xyz earns 30K and then Completes a Heroic Rancor Raid
Thursday Guild xyz earns 30K.
Friday Guild xyz earns 30K and then Completes a Heroic Rancor Raid
Saturday Guild xyz earns 30K.
Sunday Guild xyz earns 30K and then Completes a Heroic Rancor Raid
Monday Guild xyz earns 30K.
Tuesday Guild xyz earns 30K and then Completes a Heroic Rancor Raid
Wednesday Guild xyz earns 30K.
Thursday Guild xyz earns 30K and then Completes a Heroic Rancor Raid
Friday Guild xyz earns 30K.
***Saturday Guild xyz earns 30K and then Completes a Heroic Rancor Raid***
BOOM! We have a problem! The guild members are NOT eligible for rewards because in the 2nd week they did 4 raids x 60,000 = 240,000. This is 30,000 over the EA imposed 210,000 limit.

My guild and many others have run into this problem. Why are we being punished in this way? Sure we can open the raid and just do it the next day but WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Why do we have to do this? This is also only temporary as the problem will happen over and over and over again. No rules are being broken. No guild hopping is going on etc. No exploits are being used. No hacking is involved. We are just being punished for being a hard working guild, plain and simple.

Good news though, I have a solution!!! I'm a math genius, I know. Thank me later. ;)

There is no reason to change the 210,000 limit, per se. The system needs to be adjusted so that we can use 420,000 over a TWO WEEK period of time! 210,000 x 2 = 420,000. Amazing, I know! It is just the one week portion of the programming that is the problem.

The math for the other tiers and maybe AAT also needs to be looked at but that is not something I have done. I imagine the potential for problems is there as well.

As for those that have brought up this problem before and have sworn that it only applies to those that have changed guilds, you are wrong! The problem also happens when EA fills up our RAID TICKETS when there are server problems. So, they give us raid tickets but then we are not allowed to use them? How does this make any sense?

EA, please help! Please fix this problem.

-- Go UniKøRns! --

Replies

• at least better to recheck the reward system, there have been some problems with it, if you want to fight anti swappers, pose a limit for those that want to swap for more then twice a week
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Well done. Bump for being good at math.
  • Yes I have lost 2 reward sets due to this. Please fix. The math seems easy enough.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Easy fix, Heroic Rancor now costs 70K to open!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Only solution is to remove the cap immediately, then work on a fix.
  • What if my guild stocks up 150k tickets to rank high in the monthly boards? It's still all fair but we go up both the current and your suggested limit.
    Why not simply enforce the 210k/week limit only for those who switchted guild in the last 7 days, like it was suggested in the initial fix?
  • What if my guild stocks up 150k tickets to rank high in the monthly boards? It's still all fair but we go up both the current and your suggested limit.
    Why not simply enforce the 210k/week limit only for those who switchted guild in the last 7 days, like it was suggested in the initial fix?

are you suggesting you save the tickets from one month to boost how you appear on the boards the next month. cause this seems like a way of cheating the leader boards to me. if not then surely the top positions are all gonna be on the same points as they will have hit the limits anyway due to the cap. ?
  • Darthpippa wrote: »
    What if my guild stocks up 150k tickets to rank high in the monthly boards? It's still all fair but we go up both the current and your suggested limit.

are you suggesting you save the tickets from one month to boost how you appear on the boards the next month. cause this seems like a way of cheating the leader boards to me. if not then surely the top positions are all gonna be on the same points as they will have hit the limits anyway due to the cap. ?

No cheating at all! It is just strategy to sacrifice one month for the benefit of the next. So simple.
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    What if my guild stocks up 150k tickets to rank high in the monthly boards? It's still all fair but we go up both the current and your suggested limit.

No cheating at all! It is just strategy to sacrifice one month for the benefit of the next. So simple.

I'm confused... isn't it a monthly leaderboard ?

I can see the point of this thread as the system is clearly broken. but it shouldn't be fixed so that people can fix the monthly leaderboard
  • I will apologise for use of word cheating. I don't think your cheating at all.

fixing or manipulating would have been a better term
    I will apologise for use of word cheating. I don't think your cheating at all.

fixing or manipulating would have been a better term

Sure, I see that point of view but you are also discounting the SACRIFICE of rank in the previous month. Most guilds would want to be at or near the top in every month. Just a strategy I think
  • I think the best solution might just be to remove limits if you are not hopping guilds. If the guild has earned or been given raid tickets by EA, then why isn't the guild allowed to use them and earn rewards?
  • Good math solution!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • @EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @CG_RyDiggs

Are you guys able to read my original post here and provide some help, or at least some insight? I appreciate the guild hopping fix but it has just been applied wrong. Thanks for your hard work and help. :)
  • Need a fix asap
  • Yes, please fix.
  • Hey all,

Kozispoon came back to the following posting:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/757556#Comment_757556

Please post your guild and ally code on that posting to keep it going and see what they can do about this problem.

Thanks.

It's no cheating, it's just strategy. And anyway there is nothing to be gained from being at the top of the leaderboards. How do you think top positions have been gained up to now?
    Anyway, you are diverting the attention from the problem.
    The problem is: it's totally fair to gain up to 150k guild coins and then spend them in a single day if the guild wishes so. Why should they not receive their legitimate rewards?
  • Isn't it counting only for those who switch guilds? if you are loyal (no hop at all) you don't have to worry about tickets/week. Just do every raid and nothing happens...

And a fourth Rancor is always possible

• theHejiN wrote: »
    Isn't it counting only for those who switch guilds? if you are loyal (no hop at all) you don't have to worry about tickets/week. Just do every raid and nothing happens...

And a fourth Rancor is always possible

No, this is wrong. I even mentioned this in my original post in this thread.

• slama wrote: »
    Seems like this should of been mentioned in the update since this bug affects any guild who maxes out their coins per week. Major bug costing all gamers key gear pieces.

Bingo!
  • Please fix. This only punishes guilds for working together.
  • Can we get an official answer on this
  • Why was this moved to Off Topic? How ON TOPIC can we possibly be? (Insert Face Palm Emoji)
  • CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    er... yes i think it has to do with going on a balance with the lower more casual hitters - the ones that don't play the game at 30k/day

On the other hand it gives guilds bragging rights and/or bonus at points even if no loot

I think 210k is a good limit , the avg rewards are barely affected and guilds that do 28k per day can still keep up

My guild is strong enough but we don't obsess, we play for fun we do about 20k tickets a day and play for fun not imposing limits and silly things is awesome, no requirements no kicks suddenly for missing a day for whatever reason it's awesome

So yeah I don't get the frustration over this, the limit of 210k is more than fair, rewards are barely affected and on top of that you can have a few members miss a few without drama but I guess teamwork means different things and this is why I stay in my guild because the people that are there are fun and won't act like it's a second job

It's a game, ment to be fun and I think that this rewards active guilds that make 29999 contribution by not punishing them on the long term rather than a punishment for the top tier guilds...

You must have 1 player that misses a day or leaves and not anounce.... or quits the game... or do you kick people if they don't contribute untill 23:55 hours than find a guy and make him do 600... IDK just seems silly 210k is more than good....for guilds health

OFC We do 20k I don't care either way, I just think there is some value in this.... and the extra 60k can just add bragging rights/ extra points but idk
  • er... yes i think it has to do with going on a balance with the lower more casual hitters - the ones that don't play the game at 30k/day

On the other hand it gives guilds bragging rights and/or bonus at points even if no loot

I think 210k is a good limit , the avg rewards are barely affected and guilds that do 28k per day can still keep up

My guild is strong enough but we don't obsess, we play for fun we do about 20k tickets a day and play for fun not imposing limits and silly things is awesome, no requirements no kicks suddenly for missing a day for whatever reason it's awesome

So yeah I don't get the frustration over this, the limit of 210k is more than fair, rewards are barely affected and on top of that you can have a few members miss a few without drama but I guess teamwork means different things and this is why I stay in my guild because the people that are there are fun and won't act like it's a second job

It's a game, ment to be fun and I think that this rewards active guilds that make 29999 contribution by not punishing them on the long term rather than a punishment for the top tier guilds...

You must have 1 player that misses a day or leaves and not anounce.... or quits the game... or do you kick people if they don't contribute untill 23:55 hours than find a guy and make him do 600... IDK just seems silly 210k is more than good....for guilds health

OFC We do 20k I don't care either way, I just think there is some value in this.... and the extra 60k can just add bragging rights/ extra points but idk

UniKøRns is a top guild and does not apply crazy pressure to people or rage kick people out of the guild. Communication is important and we all enjoy the common goals. We are just self-motivated players, all together and in one guild. You clearly just don't understand. We are all about having fun and being competitive in all facets of the game, including arena. This is clearly lost on you.

You misunderstand this post. EA created the system for us to work within and it is broken. It needs to be fixed. It's just that simple.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    900k/ 30 days would be better. Or even 960/30 (not many would bother hopping to exploit this). But they could lower it to 870/30 days after a guild switch if they really want to eliminate hopping.

240K/8 days would also work better.
    Post edited by IdraRage on
  • Lol, a self congratulating post of a guild that got gk unlocked stays in general, and this thread is off topic.
    Sweet irony shakes its ugly head.
  • This is a very good illustration of forum bias, I'm also confused as to why this is in off topic. It's a big issue having a large chunk of your player base miss rewards from a flawed system.