Baze Malbus
Fearsome Rebel Tank who Taunts, dispels buffs, and inflicts debuffs
Unlocks at 3 stars
Available from: Chromium Packs
g4ujopwwgpkm.png
Abilities
BASIC Attack – Heavy Repeater Cannon
aw4dxrzq45rg.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70% chance to inflict Speed Down for 2-3 turns. If Chirrut Imwe is present, he gains 10% Turn Meter.
SPECIAL Attack – Unload
g35aqw1xwfri.gif
Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Dispel all buffs on them. Empire enemies and enemies who were not buffed take bonus damage equal to 10-25% of their Max Health. If Chirrut Imwe is present, he is called to Assist. (Cooldown 3)
SPECIAL Attack – Fierce Reprisal
o18msjzgdpaa.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. For each buff dispelled, inflict the opposite debuff, if any, for 2 turns. (Cooldown 3)
Unique Ability – For Jedha
Baze Malbus gains Taunt and Retribution for 1 turn at the start of each encounter, whenever an enemy is defeated, and whenever Chirrut Imwe falls below 100% Health. Baze Malbus gains 2-5% Turn Meter whenever an enemy gains a buff.
Unique Ability – Dauntless Courage
Baze Malbus gains Max Health equal to 5-20% of his Max Health. Chirrut Imwe also gains that much Max Health.
General Strategy
  • Starting each encounter with Taunt and Retribution, Baze Malbus protects his team from harm by Taunting enemy attacks.
  • He can punish attackers through counter attacking and his basic has a chance to apply Speed Down to the target, weakening the enemy attackers.
  • Baze’s special abilities focus on removing enemy buffs. Unload dispels all buffs and deals heavy damage to those without buffs, whereas Fierce Reprisal can turn the buffs on characters against themselves by inflicting the opposite debuff.
  • Baze gains Turn Meter every time an enemy gains a buff, further reducing the amount of time enemies can benefit from positive effects.
  • Baze Malbus gains Taunt and Retribution for 1 turn at the start of each encounter, whenever an enemy is defeated, and whenever Chirrut Imwe falls below 100% Health. Baze Malbus gains 2-5% Turn Meter whenever an enemy gains a buff.
Hero Synergies
  • Unlike the synergy between Biggs and Wedge, which focus heavily on burst damage, Baze and Chirrut focus on team sustainability, buff/debuff controls, and occasional high damage. The Jedha partnership will greatly increase survivability of any team.
  • Baze fills the critical role of offensive dispeller, a position available to only non-Rebel characters in the past. While Baze’s abilities do not grant any direct buffs to other Rebel characters, he can benefit from Rebel leader abilities like Admiral Ackbar and Lando Calrissian, and synergizes well with unique abilities like Bistan’s Amped Up.
  • While Baze is optimized in a team with Chirrut and other Rebels, his abilities can work in any team that is looking for character that offers protection of weaker units at the start of the battle, buff controls, and ability to inflict multiple debuffs.
Where to Use
PVP
Baze Malbus fills the role of an offensive dispeller that is useful in Squad Arena against teams that are reliant on Taunts and other buffs. He also provide protection against characters with early burst damage such as Biggs and Wedge.
PVE
  • Aside from providing protection for the team, Baze will consistently remove buffs from enemies in Phase 1 and 3 of the AAT raid. With Chirrut, he will have enough heals to sustain himself, and guard the team from the AAT’s cannon blast.
  • Baze will be a valuable addition to any events and challenges that requires a solid Rebel team to complete.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• His face looks a little too small
  • Welcome the new meta: GK, Fives, Chirr, Baze +1
  • How is any team supposed to beat Wedge(L), Biggs, Baze, Chirrut, and Lando? I just don't see it.... You have massive damage, cleanses, all-enemy dispels, starting taunts, 100% counter attack characters.....
  • well they made baze super rare so thats one benefit
  • > unlocks at ???
    > gains max health equal to 20% of his max health
    084.png
  • He looks like a Ghostbuster.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    How is any team supposed to beat Wedge(L), Biggs, Baze, Chirrut, and Lando? I just don't see it.... You have massive damage, cleanses, all-enemy dispels, starting taunts, 100% counter attack characters.....

Droids.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    How is any team supposed to beat Wedge(L), Biggs, Baze, Chirrut, and Lando? I just don't see it.... You have massive damage, cleanses, all-enemy dispels, starting taunts, 100% counter attack characters.....

I can't wait to fight this team!!

...not really please noooo
  • XeenMcKenna
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Way to make Shoretrooper completely useless...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Apoc88 wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »

I can't wait to fight this team!!

...not really please noooo

empire will still win...
  • djvita wrote: »
    well they made baze super rare so thats one benefit

No he's pack exclusive so the whales get him, and with enough whining the f2p will get him in a week or two.
  • Melusine
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Terrible design. "If __NAME__ is present __NAME__ also _EFFECT_" is the laziest possible design. Power creep continues to obsolete more characters at a faster rate.

If you allow power to jump by large amounts, the speed at which the game accelerates itself into being majority obsolete characters will become untenable. The trick to elegant design is finding ways to push the power when players find a synergy, not making characters that so easily out-class others.

You will find this approach will also increase sales, forcing players to unlock multiple aspects or elements of a synergy team to break a new characters power level. Obviously there is a multi-tier element here, with the Chirrut partnership; but being so obvious players will not spend time experimenting with different combinations, reducing revenue, and enjoyment, overall.
  • Melusine wrote: »
    Terrible design. "If __NAME__ is present __NAME__ also _EFFECT_" is the laziest possible design. Power creep continues to obsolete more characters at a faster rate.

If you allow power to jump by large amounts, the speed at which the game accelerates itself into being majority obsolete characters will become untenable. The trick to elegant design is finding ways to push the power when players find a synergy, not making characters that so easily out-class others.

You will find this approach will also increase sales, forcing players to unlock multiple aspects or elements of a synergy team to break a new characters power level. Obviously there is a multi-tier element here, with the Chirrut partnership; but being so obvious players will not spend time experimenting with different combinations, reducing revenue, and enjoyment, overall.

It started with Wiggs and people were too blind to see that one, and now we have this trash. Congrats everybody we've made the worst meta in the game that we've ever seen.
  • Money isn't in fixing their screwups, only in blasting them into obsolete status.
  • Baze isn't even that good, it's the unique that is the problem.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • And unload, I forgot about unload
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

So basically you're saying he's good.

So basically you're saying he's good.

I'm saying those 2 abilities are what make him a little broken
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • If he automatically taunts at the beginning, then I won't even bother trying him out until he can survive that initial onslaught. Currently, he won't survive long enough to use any of his specials.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    If he automatically taunts at the beginning, then I won't even bother trying him out until he can survive that initial onslaught. Currently, he won't survive long enough to use any of his specials.

So being a tank, a Rebel, and pairing with a heal that equalizes the squads health isn't going to survive the initial onslaught? Dude this guy is going to almost as OP as Wiggs with Chirrut.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Is the following WAI?

I kill a toon.
    For Jedha unique gives Baze a taunt and retribution.
    The kill occurred just before Baze's turn.
    Baze takes his turn and he immediately loses the taunt.

So Baze had the taunt for less than a full turn, in fact it pops up (on kill) and then immediately goes (on turn). The same is also true the moment Baze takes his first turn of the match, the opening taunt also goes at the start of his very first turn. Kind of really devalues the whole unique as coded, shouldn't he get one full turn out of the taunt, not 'the TM left before he takes the next (immediate) action'?

Xio
  • Baze and Chirruit are both awesome. Baze dispells enemies buffs, Chirruit dispells team's debuffs. Perfect synergy. Their duet is similar to Biggs + Wedge, but also they're more powerful, because Baze's dispell is just like Assajj, which is very slow. Please put Baze to bronze packs :)
  • He's quite a scruffy lookin' nerfherder, Good ol' Bantha Baze, Tanky DeBufferson. I like 'im
    bout copy to hurt the same, but different rankings, lead to copy reward income decrease, I want to ask, what is the ranking mechanism under? It's not fair! Hope the official modification!
  • Cheroot Amway, or what's his name, tho... 'LEWD'ICROUS synergy, gonna enjoy popping some caps with em both...in the year 2525...
    bout copy to hurt the same, but different rankings, lead to copy reward income decrease, I want to ask, what is the ranking mechanism under? It's not fair! Hope the official modification!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited November 2016

So being a tank, a Rebel, and pairing with a heal that equalizes the squads health isn't going to survive the initial onslaught? Dude this guy is going to almost as OP as Wiggs with Chirrut.

Yes, he's going to be. Eventually. I'm saying that my three star Baze that I unlocked this week will auto taunt and get himself killed if I try to use him now. It will take months to get him ready for use. And it will take a while for me to unlock his partner, too. I have Baze, but he'll be useless for a long time.

Yes, he's going to be. Eventually. I'm saying that my three star Baze that I unlocked this week will auto taunt and get himself killed if I try to use him now. It will take months to get him ready for use. And it will take a while for me to unlock his partner, too. I have Baze, but he'll be useless for a long time.

People thought the same thing with a 3* ShoreTrooper and were proven very wrong. It's all about level, gear, and mods. * leve only adds a marginal amount of health to the toon compared to gear and Training Droid levels.
  • Baze Malbus 6* Gear 10 in my tournament. EA got him hard in the rear
  • do_ma007 wrote: »
    Baze Malbus 6* Gear 10 in my tournament. EA got him hard in the rear

You must be in my tourney shard lol.

I've been skipping that guy like crazy.

People thought the same thing with a 3* ShoreTrooper and were proven very wrong. It's all about level, gear, and mods. * leve only adds a marginal amount of health to the toon compared to gear and Training Droid levels.

5* Baze Gear 11, 87k eHP, lvl 85
    5* Shore Gear 11, 90k eHP, lvl 85
    7* RG Gear 11, 82k eHP, lvl 85

Some of the variances are down to the mods stacked on them, RG has potency cross for example. Power jump on Baze 4* to 5* was huge, but you're right, the health gain was relatively small.

Xio
  • Is Baze supposed to be in the Shard Shop? He's not in mine! Or do I have to wait for a reset? Also, how long will he be there? I think the news announcement said he was there for a limited time, but is "limited" a week, a month, or a couple of days ?