Lockout for rewards flawed system

Replies

• HunterMuncherPuncher
    177 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Happened twice already to me as well as some of my guild mates. My theory is we are getting locked in a LOCKOUT LOOP where the code still counts the current lockout currency as counted/added to the next set of currency count for the next lockout.

My Guild:
    Mandalorian Syndicate

My Ally Code:
    829-416-931
    Post edited by HunterMuncherPuncher on
    829-416-931
  • Happened twice already to me as well as some of my guildmates.

@HunterMuncherPuncher hey bud post your guild and ally code in this thread so the devs can look it over... the more we give them, the more this should be able to be corrected.

• Hiya!
    I'm sorry to hear y'all are experiencing this issue. In order to investigate further, could you please reply to this thread with your ally code and the name of your guild? Thanks!

For anyone just getting to this post and not wanting to read all the info here is what kozispoon posted on this thread...

What could it hurt putting ur ally code and guild down... seems like it's effecting everyone in one way or another. Pass this to all your guildmates as well...
  • My Guild : Italia Fury
    ally code : 179 255 335
    "You can't win, If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine"
  • tj5270 wrote: »
    Happened twice already to me as well as some of my guildmates.

@HunterMuncherPuncher hey bud post your guild and ally code in this thread so the devs can look it over... the more we give them, the more this should be able to be corrected.

Edited up top.
    829-416-931
  • Same problem for me on a raid on Saturday
    Ally code : 464-638-898
    Guild : RogueFrenchForce
  • Guild: Straw Hats
    Ally Code: 473-985-782
  • I have a theory that it has something to do with timzones yet again. An officer when launching a raid gets a notification that raids have been exceeded that has a timer. Which runs until midnight as per guild reset. If a raid is launched before then, I suspect all members will not receive rewards.

However - Perhaps people who have their own account reset later/sooner than this (my theory is later, as I am sooner and I'm fine and the other part seems to confirm this) and a raid is launched immediately after the new week starts for the guild (but before it starts for the individual) may have the raid still count for them as within the previous week. i.e. they exceeded raid rewards.

This is just a theory, but would make a lot of sense (even though clearly still a bug)..

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
  • Wgterry73 imperial guild. 469-589-978. I have been in the same guild since the beginning, and to tell my honest guild mate's that we won't be able to raid since we were locked out! They felt like we were being punished for something we did nothing wrong! They get in there 600 every day and now I have to tell them sorry we can only raid three times a week due to cheaters! I have a suggestion penalize cheaters not honest players! And while you are at it please, please, please fix your game! The work I have to do on behalf of your game to track my guilds 600 contribution is tedious at best, with no compensation to me or my guild! I am getting burned out and it takes away from the game being fun!
  • Same thing for me for last raid on sunday

Ally code: 977-314-411
    Guild: RogueFrenchForce
  • Wgterry73 wrote: »
    Wgterry73 imperial guild. 469-589-978. I have been in the same guild since the beginning, and to tell my honest guild mate's that we won't be able to raid since we were locked out! They felt like we were being punished for something we did nothing wrong! They get in there 600 every day and now I have to tell them sorry we can only raid three times a week due to cheaters! I have a suggestion penalize cheaters not honest players! And while you are at it please, please, please fix your game! The work I have to do on behalf of your game to track my guilds 600 contribution is tedious at best, with no compensation to me or my guild! I am getting burned out and it takes away from the game being fun!

Thanks for keeping the post going and I completely agree... the fact it's hard enougn trying to get 50 (including yourself) to get the 600 daily is tedious, not to mention the work of trying to make a raid schedule for your mates worldwide is also very difficult...

I am NOT an officer in my guild, but do know that ALOT of work goes into making all this work, and this lockout should be the last thing people have to worry about.

Great theories and thoughts from everyone trying to get this issue resolved. Keep em coming and lets get this fixed and those effected the rewards they deserve.
  • I have a theory that it has something to do with timzones yet again. An officer when launching a raid gets a notification that raids have been exceeded that has a timer. Which runs until midnight as per guild reset. If a raid is launched before then, I suspect all members will not receive rewards.

However - Perhaps people who have their own account reset later/sooner than this (my theory is later, as I am sooner and I'm fine and the other part seems to confirm this) and a raid is launched immediately after the new week starts for the guild (but before it starts for the individual) may have the raid still count for them as within the previous week. i.e. they exceeded raid rewards.

This is just a theory, but would make a lot of sense (even though clearly still a bug)..

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP

Great theory bud. Keep em' coming guys and if you're in chats on any other communicator, get the thread out there...

Thanks again guys. Shows what an amazing community can do to help itself
  • Hiya!
    I'm sorry to hear y'all are experiencing this issue. In order to investigate further, could you please reply to this thread with your ally code and the name of your guild? Thanks!

Guild: Global Force
    Ally code: 359-878-189

• I don't think there is a bug, it's just that CG overlooked the impact of their new rules when making their business requirements. Assuming you're not guild hopping you'll run into this issue two ways...
    1). You accrue coins faster then you can expend them doing heroic raids. You can earn 210k coins a week, but will only spend 180k doing 3 Rancor raids a week. Therefore, you'll have up to an additional 30k per week and eventually that will add up to another Heroic Rancor raid that no one will be eligible for.
    2). I believe this is the more common issue. Depending on when you start your raid and complete it, the raid may be counted in a week that you're not expecting it to be counted for. It's a little confusing and that why people are claiming there is a bug. For example, your guild opened a heroic raid on Sunday and had a registration period, but you didn't choose to attack until a FFA on Monday. Once you attack that will count as 60k worth of raid rewards despite the raid being opened in a previous week. Additionally, you'll be able to accrue another 210k in coins that week allowing you to do another 3 Rancor raids. However, on the 4th raid that week you will be ineligible. Hope this helps some for at least the explanation of why this is happening.

A user experience bug is still a bug, the same as a technical bug. If normal users are being punished by a filter that is intended to prevent cheating, then the logic itself was bugged from the start.
  • tj5270 wrote: »
    Hen_sulu wrote: »
    273565431 Affected by lockout

Hey @Hen_sulu you'll want to add your guild as well, bud. Just to make sure there is no delay to you getting this resolved.

@Hen_sulu is a member of A New Schwartz
  • UtinniUtinni
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Happened a couple days ago. Many of my guild mates were effected also.
    684-767-233
    Dark Lords' of Old

No guild hopping involved.
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't think we're getting anything. They changed the update notes to remove the part where it says raid lockout will only affect players who guild hop.

The original 10/20 update

Guild_switching.jpg

The current notes
    Images.jpg

I guess now we have to keep track ourselves what times we are eligible for rewards? Maybe the devs could add a timer to each person's account showing whether or not they are able to get rewards. That would make life easier.
    Post edited by CaptainRex on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I don't we're getting anything. They changed the update notes to remove the part where is says raid lockout will only affect players who guild hop.

The original 10/20 update

Guild_switching.jpg

The current notes
    Images.jpg

I guess now we have to keep track ourselves what times we are eligible for rewards? Maybe the devs could add a timer to each person's account showing whether or not they are able to get rewards. That would make life easier.

Thanks @CaptainRex that's awesome bud. I think it would be unfortunate if there was no compensation, but acceptable as long as they provide some clarity to the player base.

I think adjusting the notes is not the way to go by any means and your info provided should not have to be screen printed to get to the bottom of this problem.

You doing the extra work is phenomenal for the community, but it's not your job to provide this comparison, it's the devs to help the player base so that we can play fairly, and remain with the rules as they set forth.

@CG_Kozispoon you were nice enough to acknowledge the concerns and many folks have posted their ally code and guild in good faith, that we would have some type of verified adjustment.

Another item that needs to be addressed is the extra 30k in tickets that is accrued in a week. At some point this would add to doing an additional raid in a given week, which leaves the potential for the lockout to happen more and more often.

I think your timer idea is again another great idea and would think it would be a simple update to the game.

Thanks again everyone for keeping this thread thriving and here's to hoping with enough names it gives this the attention it urgently needs.

• A bump to make sure we keep it going...

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon is there some type of turnaround time to when we might here an update for this... seems like a pretty serious issue.
  • Just to keep the thread alive... inquiring minds and affected guildmates want to know
  • Hiya!

Thanks for replying @CG_Kozispoon!
    566 - 514 - 897
    Officer "Redoschi" from Guild "Brasil BR"

I was affected out of a #6 reward from Sunday's T7 Rancor raid.
    I'll get the ally codes of other affected members of my guild.

• Other affected members from my guild "Brasil BR":
    • 311-418-431 - VCorteze
    • 118-653-811 - Destroier
    • 396-725-321 - Cloud Terra
    • 866-358-988 - Geub
    • 189-359-674 - Fods
    • 881-434-629 - Marco Zanovello
    • 438-411-694 - JrAlipio
    • 779-287-615 - Raphael
  • A bump to make sure we can either add more names or get some type of timeline as to the status of the request

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • Any news about this issue?
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
    "You can't win, If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine"
  • 678-885-793
    Imperial
  • We're about to have another round of the same thing again...
  • LVTrisha wrote: »
    We're about to have another round of the same thing again...

Agreed this is going to leave a lot of people unhappy

@CG_Kozispoon we need something... we can keep adding peoples names but its going to be a reoccurring trend
  • ItsWedge wrote: »
    I don't think there is a bug, it's just that CG overlooked the impact of their new rules when making their business requirements. Assuming you're not guild hopping you'll run into this issue two ways...
    1). You accrue coins faster then you can expend them doing heroic raids. You can earn 210k coins a week, but will only spend 180k doing 3 Rancor raids a week. Therefore, you'll have up to an additional 30k per week and eventually that will add up to another Heroic Rancor raid that no one will be eligible for.
    2). I believe this is the more common issue. Depending on when you start your raid and complete it, the raid may be counted in a week that you're not expecting it to be counted for. It's a little confusing and that why people are claiming there is a bug. For example, your guild opened a heroic raid on Sunday and had a registration period, but you didn't choose to attack until a FFA on Monday. Once you attack that will count as 60k worth of raid rewards despite the raid being opened in a previous week. Additionally, you'll be able to accrue another 210k in coins that week allowing you to do another 3 Rancor raids. However, on the 4th raid that week you will be ineligible. Hope this helps some for at least the explanation of why this is happening.

A user experience bug is still a bug, the same as a technical bug. If normal users are being punished by a filter that is intended to prevent cheating, then the logic itself was bugged from the start.

You couldn't be more wrong with that statement. It's called poor business requirements. Do you understand the definition of a bug? That's a rhetorical question.
  • ItsWedge wrote: »
    I don't think there is a bug, it's just that CG overlooked the impact of their new rules when making their business requirements. Assuming you're not guild hopping you'll run into this issue two ways...

You couldn't be more wrong with that statement. It's called poor business requirements. Do you understand the definition of a bug? That's a rhetorical question.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think those of us who also work in software arguing over the definition of a "bug"* is the point here. Can we just agree that what's currently live punishes paying customers who have done nothing to deserve it?

*also, to not consider this a bug, you have to have a pretty slavish devotion to requirements that isn't generally considered best practice- whether the flaw is in the requirements or the execution only matters is fyoure looking for someone to blame rather than address the issue. the intended user value here was to stop cheaters, it's unclear if that value was delivered, and there is a clear knock-on effect punishing users who don't fit that persona. Call it a bug or a defect or an unintended consequence or a fix or a feature... the people on CG's team can figure it out, but the fact that this has created an unfair situation that I hope will be rectified doesn't change.
  • Ummmmmmmmmm did we seriously just get another 150k raid tickets we effectively can't use because of this situation?