Ships Preview Post - UPDATED 11/17/2016 *MEGATHREAD*

Prev1345
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited November 2016
Hey All,

Here is the megathread for the last Ships preview post.
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Greetings Holotable Heroes,

Ships will be arriving NEXT WEEK!

We’re planning on rolling out the update across November 22nd and 23rd. Some players will be able to manually update their game client on November 22nd, but everyone will be required to update to the latest game version on the 23rd. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours before the update is available in your region.

Now, we aren’t going to leave you with just the date of when you can expect Ships, we’re also going to share the entire list of Ships and their crew that will be available at launch!

Ships and Crew:
  • Slave I and Boba Fett
  • Ahsoka Tano’s Jedi Star Fighter and Ahsoka Tano
  • Imperial TIE Fighter and TIE Fighter Pilot
  • Umbaran Starfighter and Fives
  • Rex’s ARC-170 and Rex
  • First Order TIE Fighter and First order TIE Pilot
  • Biggs Darklight’s X-wing and Biggs Darklighter
  • Poe Dameron’s X-wing and Poe Dameron
  • Wedge Antilles’s X-wing and Wedge Antilles
  • Bistan’s U-wing and Bistan plus Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
  • Clone Sergeant’s ARC-170 and Clone Sergeant Phase I
  • Jedi Consular’s Star Fighter and Jedi Consular
  • Plo Koon’s Jedi Starfighter and Plo Koon
  • Resistance X-wing and Resistance Pilot
  • Geonosian Spy’s Starfighter and Geonosian Spy
  • Geonosian Soldier’s Starfighter and Geonosian Soldier
  • Sun Fac’s Starfighter and Sun Fac
  • Scimitar and Darth Maul
  • Millennium Falcon (Ep VII) and Rey plus Finn
  • Endurance and Mace Windu
  • Home One and Admiral Ackbar
  • Executrix and Grand Moff Tarkin

Soon after the initial launch there will be more ships coming, including Darth Vader in his TIE Advanced x1.

So now you know the Ships and their crew that will be available next week, but you may be wondering how you can get these Ships and their crew.

When the Ships update launches, you’ll be able to take part in a series of special (and free) Events that will reward the crew and their Ships so that you can take part in the new Ships combat. The first Event in this series will unlock at Player Level 25, and additional ones will unlock every few levels leading up to Player Level 60. If you’re already at Player Level 60 or above, you’ll be able to play through each of these Events sequentially.

The rewards listed below will be given incrementally as you progress in the Events. By the time you complete the series, you will have acquired each of these:

Crew / Ships
  • Resistance Pilot and Resistance X-wing
  • Jedi Consular and Jedi Consular’s Starfighter
  • Imperial TIE Pilot and Imperial TIE Fighter
  • Clone Sergeant Phase I and ARC-170
  • First Order TIE Pilot and First Order TIE Fighter

Fleet Commanders / Capital Ships
  • Admiral Ackbar and Home ONE
  • Grand Moff Tarkin and Executrix
  • Mace Windu and Endurance

See you on the starfield next week!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74238/ships-preview-post-updated-11-17-2016#latest
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Sweeeeeeeeet! If you want to, you can unhook your safety line!
  • Thanks for the transparency! This looks exciting. One question - If we have already unlocked characters from the tutorial events, will shards behave as previously and go to the shard shop? Or will something else happen?
  • Looks cool. Very nice array.
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited November 2016
    Faroer wrote: »
    Thanks for the transparency! This looks exciting. One question - If we have already unlocked characters from the tutorial events, will shards behave as previously and go to the shard shop? Or will something else happen?

They'll go to the shard shop currency if you already have them at 7 stars.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Dropping on the day before a long weekend? I see no problems with this at all, lol.
  • So I already have 7 pilots ready sweet.
  • Why isn't Han Solo piloting his ship?
  • Do the characters Need to be geared to be effective in ship combat?
  • Sounds dope! Thanks for all the hard work devs!
  • When it is said " By the time you complete the series, you will have acquired each of these:", does that mean simply acquired the ships or acquired the ships and the pilot? Assuming both, does that mean enough shards to unlock them? Take to X number of stars?
    For ships with two pilots listed, do we need both to operate the ship?
    Either way, I'm excited and this looks to be fun. I also really appreciate the information that you gave out. It is always appreciated as a lot of us like to plan ahead.
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited November 2016
    When it is said " By the time you complete the series, you will have acquired each of these:", does that mean simply acquired the ships or acquired the ships and the pilot? Assuming both, does that mean enough shards to unlock them? Take to X number of stars?
    Either way, I'm excited and this looks to be fun. I also really appreciate the information that you gave out. It is always appreciated as a lot of us like to plan ahead.

You get enough shards for both the crew and the ship when completing the events.

You do need both crew members to operate a ship that has two crew slots.
  • Looks like a lot of interesting new content, but can we please consider pushing the release to a Monday so there are people in the office to monitor the release instead of launching right before a holiday weekend? And do the same for all future releases, rather than the regular Friday releases?

We'll be happy to wait, I promise. :3
  • Why are Rey and Finn piloting the falcon instead of Han and Chewie??

Because it is the Episode VII version of the Millennium Falcon
  • medetec wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of interesting new content, but can we please consider pushing the release to a Monday so there are people in the office to monitor the release instead of launching right before a holiday weekend? And do the same for all future releases, rather than the regular Friday releases?

Wendsday is right before a weekend? You must have an amazing job xD
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    When it is said " By the time you complete the series, you will have acquired each of these:", does that mean simply acquired the ships or acquired the ships and the pilot? Assuming both, does that mean enough shards to unlock them? Take to X number of stars?

You get enough shards for both the crew and the ship when completing the events.

Thanks for the info jesse, but what type of shard numbers are we talking here?

Most have TIE unlocked from the Daily login, what is the number we can expect if we complete all the missions/events?

Just wondering because people are probably farming him now in the cantina

Thanks in advance
  • we could see some screenshots of the new update? like some ship models? that would be cool
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • I want an A-Wing and a B-Wing and a Y-Wing and and and...

Ep. 7 falcon
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    medetec wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of interesting new content, but can we please consider pushing the release to a Monday so there are people in the office to monitor the release instead of launching right before a holiday weekend? And do the same for all future releases, rather than the regular Friday releases?

Wendsday is right before a weekend? You must have an amazing job xD

She said holiday weekend... Thursday is thanksgiving... So offices will be closed until monday
  • Berimbolo wrote: »

Most have TIE unlocked from the Daily login, what is the number we can expect if we complete all the missions?

Thanks in advance

It will be enough to unlock them at their lowest star level, it's meant to be enough to get you started if you don't already have the characters.
  • Berimbolo wrote: »

Most have TIE unlocked from the Daily login, what is the number we can expect if we complete all the missions/events?

Thanks in advance

My guess is just enough to unlock him - should be around 30 or so, no?
  • Will the characters gear/star level have any impact on ship battles, or just the ship?
  • Any info about what Ships will bring Guild wise?
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Most have TIE unlocked from the Daily login, what is the number we can expect if we complete all the missions?

Thanks in advance

It will be enough to unlock them at their lowest star level, it's meant to be enough to get you started if you don't already have the characters.

OK, thanks for the response!

So 10 for FOTP, 25 for TIE, 80 for Mace, etc...

Sounds good
  • JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Will the characters gear/star level have any impact on ship battles, or just the ship?

Yes I'm curious too
  • I love it :) thanks, guys, can't wait :)
  • JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Will the characters gear/star level have any impact on ship battles, or just the ship?

A characters gear/star level will have an impact on how powerful the ship is in battle. The more powerful your crew, the more powerful your ship.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    JJWZP5 wrote: »

A characters gear/star level will have an impact on how powerful the ship is in battle. The more powerful your crew, the more powerful your ship.

Awesome thanks Jesse!!! So excited for Ships
  • TheRenegade
    256 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    So looking forward to this update. Everything seems awsome up to now and I can't wait until Wednesday.

@EA_Jesse thank you and the rest of the dev team!
This discussion has been closed.