Character Strategy TIE Fighter Pilot

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Xioborg wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not adding crit chance, imagine when you face a Rex led team... Your going to be aoe'ing at a top speed, if you're not careful you've just accelerated a Rex led team way way ahead of the rest of your group. Guess you can't avoid accelerating Biggs, even without a crit so I hope that ability block lands :)
    Crit damage is the way to go :) with a little crit chance.
    If criting is bad then both crit chances and damage are to be avoided (the latter being dependent on actually criting). :/

Rex is quite the beast but my tfp has a crit chance of 30% so his aoe dosent crit very often so Rex isn't a issue.

I actually use
    Palp,tfp, raid Han, shore, and Vader

Raid Han with this team does so much because it's missing a dispel so his stun in the start locks down that one toon to have issues with.

Then I use raid Hans crit chance up after tfp aoe for Vader and tfp one hits like no tomorrow

Swap Han for B2 for your dispel needs, he can also cover for TFP and is another target that the opponent has to focus on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Xioborg wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not adding crit chance, imagine when you face a Rex led team... Your going to be aoe'ing at a top speed, if you're not careful you've just accelerated a Rex led team way way ahead of the rest of your group. Guess you can't avoid accelerating Biggs, even without a crit so I hope that ability block lands :)
    Crit damage is the way to go :) with a little crit chance.
    If criting is bad then both crit chances and damage are to be avoided (the latter being dependent on actually criting). :/

Rex is quite the beast but my tfp has a crit chance of 30% so his aoe dosent crit very often so Rex isn't a issue.

I actually use
    Palp,tfp, raid Han, shore, and Vader

Raid Han with this team does so much because it's missing a dispel so his stun in the start locks down that one toon to have issues with.

Then I use raid Hans crit chance up after tfp aoe for Vader and tfp one hits like no tomorrow

Swap Han for B2 for your dispel needs, he can also cover for TFP and is another target that the opponent has to focus on

I'm actually gonna swap Han for Rex
  • Hmmm.. I ran TFP in arena this AM. Against a Wiggs team with Fac. TFPs AoE triggered Fac counter removing my Shores taunt. TFP AoE also gave their Biggs 100% TM, so came straight back at me. Painful lesson lol.

Xio
  • Is TFP replacement for Dengar in raids?
  • Skarcha_EA wrote: »
    Is TFP replacement for Dengar in raids?

Most likely he's faster hits way harder and applies tenacity down on basic
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Skarcha_EA wrote: »

Dengar has an assist and speed down though.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Skarcha_EA wrote: »

Dengar has an assist and speed down though.

his speed down is not really reliable.
  • So, without Shoretrooper, Wiggs, or B2 as an option, what would be the ideal set up with TFP? I'm assuming Vader and obviously Palp are solid choices under Palp's leader ability. What about a tank? STH or RG? Lando for the 5th spot?
  • So, without Shoretrooper, Wiggs, or B2 as an option, what would be the ideal set up with TFP? I'm assuming Vader and obviously Palp are solid choices under Palp's leader ability. What about a tank? STH or RG? Lando for the 5th spot?

Check his abilities again. TFP gets nothing from his team unless the other characters give it, e.g. Palpatine. I think TFP will be pretty interchangeable much the way Rey used to be.
    I am gearing him up to put in my squad which is currently Palp (L), Vader, B2, Lando, ST Han.

I think I'll swap him in for Lando since Lando's crits are killing me against Wiggs and Rex teams but running this set up him in for B2 should work as well. Seems like he will thrive in any team that keeps negative effects on the other squad and will benefit from any of the Empire leads.

• Will give it a try. After swearing to give myself a break from farming stun cuffs for my own sanity, looks like I need to farm 100 more to hit G10 :/. Back to the cuff grind so I can give him a try in arena!
  • Will give it a try. After swearing to give myself a break from farming stun cuffs for my own sanity, looks like I need to farm 100 more to hit G10 :/. Back to the cuff grind so I can give him a try in arena!

I did it and mine is now Tank buster extreme. I now target squads with Tanks in them. My shard is filled with RG and St Hans in the same lineup and I wreck them now

I did it and mine is now Tank buster extreme. I now target squads with Tanks in them. My shard is filled with RG and St Hans in the same lineup and I wreck them now

Ahh my foreseeable future, then!

• vessaharja wrote: »
    Will give it a try. After swearing to give myself a break from farming stun cuffs for my own sanity, looks like I need to farm 100 more to hit G10 :/. Back to the cuff grind so I can give him a try in arena!

Ahh my foreseeable future, then!

He's actually kind of a meta buster. The only chance people have against him is if they have a speedy ST Han and either a Lando Lead of Ackbar. Either way, once I get my Boba leveled and geared it won't matter.
  • 2 gear pieces away from totally maxed and man tfp shines.

30k crits and buff immigrants with ability block **** down teams quick.

Esp with palp lead and boba
  • How are people mod-ing him?

I've modded mine for Health and Potency. He's squishy and his main purpose is to apply negative status effects. I've got speed arrow and nothing less than +7 speed secondaries. He put speeds ST Han most of the time when not under an Ackbar or Lando lead.
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Check him in a Jawateam (JE is key here) in P3 of the tank raid. Just as good (or even better) as Chirplatine
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    EP (L), TFP, Shore, Boba, Bariss. Arena PITA
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    EP (L), TFP, Shore, Boba, Bariss. Arena PITA

Barriss is sleeper OP
    Make Zader Great Again!

I've modded mine for Health and Potency. He's squishy and his main purpose is to apply negative status effects. I've got speed arrow and nothing less than +7 speed secondaries. He put speeds ST Han most of the time when not under an Ackbar or Lando lead.

His only purpose? I don't know about that being his only person, mine hits for 20k on his basic. He is awesome under EP lead with his special and basic.

His only purpose? I don't know about that being his only person, mine hits for 20k on his basic. He is awesome under EP lead with his special and basic.

Got to agree. He is a beast. I was running him on
    EP
    Rex
    ST
    STH
    TFP

Now I'm doing
    Zeta QGJ
    Ani
    Yoda
    TFP
    EP

The guy is a beast and as stated crits 20k on basic
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    How are people modding him? I have crit damage set wth crit damage triangle with potency cross and am not finding him to be crazy damage...I feel like he needs more crit chance
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    mamba wrote: »
    How are people modding him? I have crit damage set wth crit damage triangle with potency cross and am not finding him to be crazy damage...I feel like he needs more crit chance

Get his crit chance to 40-45% minimum and then you'll see consistent dps
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • mamba wrote: »

I think ideally you want him to be the fastest character on the field, though Shoretrooper and now Baze kind of limit that benefit a little. Aside from that make sure he has a good 50%+ potency, naturally his his high, then crit % & crit dmg I'd say if you can get him over 40% crit%.
  • His potency is pretty high. I have him modded for speed and potency. Speed set with secondaries and potency on cross. Speed is well over 200.
  • Got mine up to 226 speed atm, finally seeing a way around all the Wiggs teams. Still a little ways to go to Gear XI but ever since TFP got to 7*/g10 he's been a game-changer. Favorite new toon, hands down.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Running him at 248 speed, with no potency on cross, went for +offence instead. Mainly crit chance mods with +crit chance mod on triangle. At lvl 85 and Gear XI, eHP is 34k without Palpy buff, so add another 6k, call it 39k, potency 56% (+88% with Palpy), physical damage 3092 and critical chance of 71%. Does 20-35k based on number of debuffed toons. I've run him with crit damage instead of crit chance on the triangle, 61% crit chance and I personally found that missing a crit is very frustrating when you've stacked a load of debuffs.

Xio
  • Xioborg wrote: »
    Running him at 248 speed, with no potency on cross, went for +offence instead. Mainly crit chance mods with +crit chance mod on triangle. At lvl 85 and Gear XI, eHP is 34k without Palpy buff, so add another 6k, call it 39k, potency 56% (+88% with Palpy), physical damage 3092 and critical chance of 71%. Does 20-35k based on number of debuffed toons. I've run him with crit damage instead of crit chance on the triangle, 61% crit chance and I personally found that missing a crit is very frustrating when you've stacked a load of debuffs.

Interesting set up. I don't see much of him on my shard yet. But, have put pretty much straight crit damage on him and hoped for +speed and +crit chance secondaries. Must admit, it is frustrating when he doesn't crit but was hoping getting him closer to 60% through secondaries would be enough. If he's 20k+ with just crit chance, I may reverse and go that route instead :).

I meant in terms of being a meta buster. Yes his damage is amazing, but without his AOE buff immunity, STHan will completely ruin your team. Paired with his high speed that initial buff immunity is his primary function in the meta. His damage is just the cherry on top of a great toon.