Ships Exclusive

Replies

• Sayuloveit wrote: »
    PRIMEN wrote: »
    It's your personal problem that you quit!

And yours that you didn't spend more monies to elevate your roster to be on par with Team Instinct! ;)

kid
  • When is this feature finally coming out? I feel like I have been waiting for this for years. So excited!

The update pushes tomorrow and Wednesday. Unclear if it will immediately unlock or wait until Wednesday.
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    It seems Ships will be a whole new game... You can normally play with your toons in Arena, raids, GW, etc... And not spend anything in that section of the game with the Ship section, because it will be a whole new sction of things and energies to be used with those things... Thats it right?

Yep, Ships and the rest of the game are meant to be separate in a lot of ways. They have their own currency for leveling up.
    Love the ships, looks, everything. Even saw commander Cody shards in the shipments. But I had one question how are the shards for ship arena decided? Is it your same shard with same people, random new people based one when you join the ship arena, or is it gear level based?

Fleet Arena will not have the exact same leaderboards that Arena does. The players you face in Arena started playing the game at roughly the same time as you did, meaning there could be very large gaps in power. Fleet Arena leaderboards will be composed of players that are closer in power level to each other to create a more even playing field.
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    So looks like a ships arena with payout time but when is it compared to normal arena payout? Could be hard to do both possibly.

Payout times should be staggered, they won't be at exactly the same time.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • The dev team did a great job in creating the content, looks terrific!

I have to admit that having to completely level ships is a bit of a turn-off, probably take it pretty casual. It's hard to advance the current game and the new content at the same time.
  • When is this feature finally coming out? I feel like I have been waiting for this for years. So excited!

I just realized that it was coming out tomorrow. This is going to be the longest night ever. lol

The update pushes tomorrow and Wednesday. Unclear if it will immediately unlock or wait until Wednesday.

So as it turns out, we are going to start rolling this out TODAY. We've cleared some hurdles that allows us to go out a bit earlier, however it may still take up to 48 hours before you see the update in either the Google Play or App Store.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    When is this feature finally coming out? I feel like I have been waiting for this for years. So excited!

So as it turns out, we are going to start rolling this out TODAY. We've cleared some hurdles that allows us to go out a bit earlier, however it may still take up to 48 hours before you see the update in either the Google Play or App Store.

That's awesome news @EA_Jesse Thanks for sharing with us!
    SWGoH In-Game Name (ColonelSandurz) - TeamSkunk Omicron - hAAT
    When is this feature finally coming out? I feel like I have been waiting for this for years. So excited!

Is it there yet?

*checks*

Nope.

*waits ten seconds*

Is it there yet?

*checks*
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Is it there yet?

*checks*

Nope.

*waits ten seconds*

Is it there yet?

*checks*

I am doing the exact same thing right now. My gosh I can't wait any longer! :smiley:
  • Looks sweet!

Pros as I see them:
    1) Own currency and energy = no robbing Peter to pay Paul (or Lando to pay Han as the case may be)
    2) Chance to play different teams = no meta as yet to follow (so less Wiggs + Chaze combo style teams)
    3) Chance to play at own pace = everyone's starting out new so there will be less separation at first

Cons as I see them:
    1) Currency/energy refresh is unknown = could be easily obtained or hard to get
    2) Advantages of pilots unclear = higher levels in gear and stars seems to matter but how?
    3) More time = each battle lasts 450 seconds (versus 300 in Arena), if part of daily challenges rewards may be harder to get in a timely fashion without refreshes.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
    The0n3 wrote: »
    It seems Ships will be a whole new game... You can normally play with your toons in Arena, raids, GW, etc... And not spend anything in that section of the game with the Ship section, because it will be a whole new sction of things and energies to be used with those things... Thats it right?

Yep, Ships and the rest of the game are meant to be separate in a lot of ways. They have their own currency for leveling up.
    Love the ships, looks, everything. Even saw commander Cody shards in the shipments. But I had one question how are the shards for ship arena decided? Is it your same shard with same people, random new people based one when you join the ship arena, or is it gear level based?

Fleet Arena will not have the exact same leaderboards that Arena does. The players you face in Arena started playing the game at roughly the same time as you did, meaning there could be very large gaps in power. Fleet Arena leaderboards will be composed of players that are closer in power level to each other to create a more even playing field.
    So looks like a ships arena with payout time but when is it compared to normal arena payout? Could be hard to do both possibly.

Can you be transparent about the fleet arena algorithm?

EA Jesse what do you think saying "will be composed of players that are closer in power level"? You mean arena power? For example droids has much less power than tank team and still can beat it easily.
  • The algorithm puts all highest paying players together into the same leaderboard so that they all feel the need to spend more to be on top.. it's brilliant!
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Can you be transparent about the fleet arena algorithm?

Probably the same as how the final GW node is figured. Highest Power lvl.

If it will work like this, we should see now some 10k arena power teams ;)
  • MarcVyrus
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Here something I am wondering....does toon star level and/or power affect the ship? Or as long as you have the toon you can get the ship?
  • Stormy wrote: »

Good stuff
  • MarcVyrus wrote: »
    Here something I am wondering....does toon star level and/or power affect the ship? Or as long as you have the toon you can get the ship?

Yes. @EA_Jesse already mentioned this in a previous post

Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • "Fleet Arena will not have the exact same leaderboards that Arena does. The players you face in Arena started playing the game at roughly the same time as you did, meaning there could be very large gaps in power. Fleet Arena leaderboards will be composed of players that are closer in power level to each other to create a more even playing field."

Any chance you can explain how that power will be calculated ? Will it be based on the power of your entire rooster, the power of your most powerfull arena team or the power of your pilots ?
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    "Fleet Arena will not have the exact same leaderboards that Arena does. The players you face in Arena started playing the game at roughly the same time as you did, meaning there could be very large gaps in power. Fleet Arena leaderboards will be composed of players that are closer in power level to each other to create a more even playing field."

Any chance you can explain how that power will be calculated ? Will it be based on the power of your entire rooster, the power of your most powerfull arena team or the power of your pilots ?

power of entire roster, should be fair
  • Exclusive: Teebo ship unveiled

Screenshot2006-12-29_22-02-00.jpg
  • Hi all :)

Do we know whose shards and how many of them we're going to get from the ships events?
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Hi all :)

Do we know whose shards and how many of them we're going to get from the ships events?

I watched some of the preview youtube videos, and you get 80 shards total for each of the three fleet commanders. I don't recall how many for the others as I didn't save my spreadsheet I made while watching them.
    SWGoH In-Game Name (ColonelSandurz) - TeamSkunk Omicron - hAAT
  • I only have ONE QUESTION

Can Stormtrooper Han be used as Millennium Falcon pilot or does it have to be the raid Han?
  • I only have ONE QUESTION

Can Stormtrooper Han be used as Millennium Falcon pilot or does it have to be the raid Han?

It has to be Rey AND Finn.
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited November 2016

So basically p2p players have completely just lost all there advantages they have paid for for the past year. Now they have to start over from scratch with others that will spend, no longer making it an advantage to spend but a necessity to even compete. Not to mention long time players who have spent their resources wisely, will have a very slim chance to ever compete. Why would I spend the same on ships as I do on characters if I'm never gonna get an advantage from it? I'm not gonna spend that type of money unless I get a clear advantage, I will just not spend on ships if that's the case.

I love this game and have stuck with it through a lot of bad decisions. I sincerely hope you thought this through cause with the past track record of major updates, I don't think it will be that easy to fix shards after you realize putting all your p2p players in the same bracket wasn't a good idea.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!

It is taking so loooooong. I saw this almost 10 whole minutes ago. I am literally checking the app store every 30 seconds. I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MarcVyrus wrote: »

Yes. @EA_Jesse already mentioned this in a previous post
    Thank you for that... You typed more than had you just said yes. Or no....super simple..i dont live on these boards. I have my guild chat to talk
This discussion has been closed.