Let's enjoy ships

Prev1
Guys, i know that this new upgrade will require more time, and that it has some problems, but in my opinion there is more pros than coins. I also loved the upgrade, because i'm a big fan of SW ships and that I think that it is very creative.
Ps: I didn't like ships before.

Replies

• 2 sims and five battles today on auto. I like the idea a lot but after all those really excited youtube videos and how I heard a lot of how f2p and low level will love it I am really disappointed.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    2 sims and five battles today on auto. I like the idea a lot but after all those really excited youtube videos and how I heard a lot of how f2p and low level will love it I am really disappointed.

I'm sorry, I don't understand why you are disappointed?!?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »
    2 sims and five battles today on auto. I like the idea a lot but after all those really excited youtube videos and how I heard a lot of how f2p and low level will love it I am really disappointed.

how on earth can you be disappointed with ships?!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Cauae after watching them play and have a lot of fun I have no content to do for the rest of the day. Unless you are paying a pretty penny for ships there is not much to do at all
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Cauae after watching them play and have a lot of fun I have no content to do for the rest of the day. Unless you are paying a pretty penny for ships there is not much to do at all

So you actually like ships, but you are disappointed because you'll need to progress a bit further before all the content becomes available?
    #firstworldproblems
  • And looking at GW shipments and where else to find blueprints it will be a very long time to get 6 ships to 2 star for challenges. And since the free ships were nice but most people haven't geared or leveled moat of thoae toons. I have GS and Res pilot to 7 bit the rest are very low level.

I do have a awesome tarkin geared and leveled already so glad to use him finally.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @leef yes. It's awful! ;) I want it now! And that's too slow!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

That is all there is currently to do. Just hope it is an incremental introduction and more stuff will be added to do in the future.
  • Also they told me to prepare for ships. I started farming finn for Falcon. Falcon is p2p. I wasted time and cantina energy for days on finn. The gap between whales and reguler folks is way out of whack and I don't see any path to come close to competeing with them. Game should at least make me feel like there is a chance. I mean I could throw $1k at game and still not be close to their power or have their reinforcements.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Also they told me to prepare for ships. I started farming finn for Falcon. Falcon is p2p. I wasted time and cantina energy for days on finn. The gap between whales and reguler folks is way out of whack and I don't see any path to come close to competeing with them. Game should at least make me feel like there is a chance. I mean I could throw $1k at game and still not be close to their power or have their reinforcements.

You seen enough shipments in GW and Fleet to know that the Falcon doesn't Show there?

In the same post that it was mentioned that Finn would be needed for the Falcon They gave a list of the initial "Free" ships and their pilots. Falcon was not on that list of initial free ships

The rewards listed below will be given incrementally as you progress in the Events. By the time you complete the series, you will have acquired each of these:
    Crew / Ships
    Resistance Pilot and Resistance X-wing
    Jedi Consular and Jedi Consular’s Starfighter
    Imperial TIE Pilot and Imperial TIE Fighter
    Clone Sergeant Phase I and ARC-170
    First Order TIE Pilot and First Order TIE Fighter
    Fleet Commanders / Capital Ships
    Admiral Ackbar and Home ONE
    Grand Moff Tarkin and Executrix
    Mace Windu and Endurance
  • Im glad, I was worried that they would have full tables with missions and energy like normal/cantina but very glad its not that time intense. Nice little addition to the game, like with regular area I dont like the payout time, but seems that is entrenched so Ill just deal with it. Animations are nice, but seems like they overdo it and could speed them up some.
  • @scuba when you click find on falcon it says "Available from data store!" To me that means p2p.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Im glad, I was worried that they would have full tables with missions and energy like normal/cantina but very glad its not that time intense. Nice little addition to the game, like with regular area I dont like the payout time, but seems that is entrenched so Ill just deal with it. Animations are nice, but seems like they overdo it and could speed them up some.

Yes after my first time out, some due to me trying to figure out all the darn abilities, I thought the animations are great but may need to speed them up a bit.
    Payout time is definitely a bugger. I was happy to be off DST and be back to arena at 1800 now I have one at 1900 again. Better option would have been 30 minutes before Squad arena IMO but it is what it is.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    scuba when you click find on falcon it says "Available from data store!" To me that means p2p.

@warmonkey

Unfortunately that logic is incorrect

Below is an Example looking at 5's Umbaran Fighter and JC's Starfigher right now. By your logic they are only P2P:
    DTCJsT2.png
    lZMUK7M.png

However I know for a fact they shows in GW Shipments because it was there at my 0000 Refresh
    I8TCZb8.png

If they are not currently in the shipment rotation than it will not show the shipment option for purchase.

Give it some time and keep checking the shipments

It has been like that for character shards gear etc for some time.
  • Ships sucks! And they want to force me playing it in order to get zeta materials! ****!
  • @scuba I was also going by the other threads were no one has reported seeing it too. I so hope you are right! Idk even know why I want it lol
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    scuba I was also going by the other threads were no one has reported seeing it too. I so hope you are right! Idk even know why I want it lol

I hope I am right also. I have only seen 2 shipments in GW and 3 in fleet shipments. So I am holding out hope
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i would be suprised if there isn't a chrom exclusive ship. Why wouldn't they make atleast 1 ship chrom exclu? It's a rather f2p friendly update from what i've seen, so there's probably a catch ;)
  • I wouldn't say it's f2p friendly at all. Not gonna try and figure it out, but for f2p to get 6 2 star ships is gonna be a very long time even if they got the exact toons in shipments they need every single refresh. So to compete with anyone that decided to throw money in will be impossible for the forseeable future. Plus the matchmaking for shards is not good at all.

Will take forever for f2p to move up in rank and whales will have zero competition it seems. Like the TI dude who is first in mine, he will never fall from first and will spend his time autoing battles vs lower ranks everyday. At least I can improve my team and move forward eventually until I hit the paywall. He will just sit there day in and out. I actually feel bad for him that I won't be able to compete. I've paid for power before in games and it gets boring so quick when every battle is a cake walk. Then game just becomes about collecting stuff, which is why I assume devs have been rolling out so much content lately since they have everything already.
  • I agree, whales aren't pleased as well, when f2p can't catch up at all which is probably true here. You need "only" 15 shards to upgrade to 2* which is laughable in the big picture (320 more shards to 7*). But for six ships from 1* to 2* you need 24 shipments (each ship needs 4*4 shards). 800 free tokens each day means two collections from shipments, so 12 days which is really way too slow. Getting 8 ships to 7* is about 640 collections or 320 days.
    The normal arena squad can be farmed to 7* as f2p without any problems at all in a good month. Sure p2p can buy chromiums and have instantly all five at 7*, but even they have to bide their time in levelling up, so f2p can compete in arena with the whales (which I do).
    Now you might think whales are happy that f2p don't have a chance at all with ships, but it ain't so. Any freemium title lives from whales and f2p players. No f2p players means a game drying out because the masses are missing, and this just might happen with ship arena.
  • @Doitsuyama very good post. Math is not my friend so glad you did it!

Ya, I've quit playing a few games when no competion is left. I hate losing, but I hate winning more when losing is not remotely even an option. Just seems like a waste of time then for me personally. (Not saying anyone else should feel that, we all enjoy different challenges)
  • I have to soften my stance slightly as I forgot (wasn't there yet) that blueprints also can be acquired in GW store which is like a free meal with 3*4 print collections per day for older players (plus whatever they saved in GW tokens). Not as free for me really as I have to decide between farming toons for AAT raid or ships. But still, this can speed it up to less than half the time if you really want the ships.
    It's only a slight softening though as something like 5 months to a 7* arena squad really still isn't competitive.
  • Oh yea it's very f2p friendly! Wait till you need to get 6 ships to 4* to complete a challenge, then you will get a taste of exactly how f2p friendly it is!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Oh yea it's very f2p friendly! Wait till you need to get 6 ships to 4* to complete a challenge, then you will get a taste of exactly how f2p friendly it is!
    So if something is going to take alot of time it isn't f2p friendly?
    I think it's f2p friendly because it won't hurt overall progression much if you're not top10 ranked in the fleet arena. Furthermore alot of chrom exclusive characters are being released for f2p.
  • I completely agree. Ships are awsome, and everything about them is amazing. Everything from the game mechanics to the freaking music they play in the ships room is simply fantastic. My only possible complaint about them is not having a way where we can use them without having to wait for a refresh(light/dark or cantina battles) I'm happy to refresh my arena attempts to do more battles, but I'll run out of crystals eventually. Overall, ships is like, the best thing to happen to this game
  • Im F2P and I love the update

It's amazing and it gives the feeling I downloaded a new game. Its like opening the Swgoh app for the first time.
    I only wish there was more to do frankly Im enjoying ships now more then the main game lol
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Oh yea it's very f2p friendly! Wait till you need to get 6 ships to 4* to complete a challenge, then you will get a taste of exactly how f2p friendly it is!

It has been less than 24 hours. you expect to just have everything 7* and not spend money? It was stated it was to be a Yoda style event for those challenges.
    Capital Ship Upgrade Challenges: Earn Capital Ship Blueprints in a Yoda style event

IMO it is even better because it comes around 3 times a week instead of once a month.
  • Synfreak wrote: »

It's very f2p friendly... well, better than squad tourneys... but you can farm several of the current ships in the arena shipments, and if u haven't noticed, you get a ton of ship currency for rewards.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »

It's very f2p friendly... well, better than squad tourneys... but you can farm several of the current ships in the arena shipments, and if u haven't noticed, you get a ton of ship currency for rewards.

Arena shipments u mean gw shipments? There aren't any ships in my arena shipments. Where do you get a ton of ship currency from exactly?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

Arena shipments u mean gw shipments? There aren't any ships in my arena shipments. Where do you get a ton of ship currency from exactly?

Fleet Arena Tokens (for use in fleet shipments) is a reward for fleet arena battles and also get some with daily activities. If you can stay above rank 200 in fleet arena you should have enough for 3 shipments of blueprints a day.

Building Materials (ie Ships Credits) is a reward for fleet arena and can also be purchased in the cantina battle shipments. These will also be available from LS/DS/Cantina nodes.