Is Boba Fett remotely viable now/meta?

Replies

• Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm loving him so far don't have him properly modded and mines only G9 but he's criting basic is like 10K so sometimes double attack. AOE seems more potentt (maybe my imagination) but with the target guarantee it's definitely a good step. Exectue is amazing you omega and kill with it it's every second turn for such a monster attack. Avoiding taunt and reviving with full health (zeta with full protection) and all that's without his new improved leader ability. Which is amazing as well.

I've crit 34K with execute only gonna get better as iImake him stronger. He seems utterly perfecr to me now, videos show him taking on top teams so viable meta/arena is certainly not out of the question.

PS iIlove the ships update and all the othee cool stuff but nothing will compare to this
    Post edited by Boba_The_Fetter on
  • I'm loving him so far don't have him properly modded and mines only G9 but he's criting basic is like 10K so sometimes double attack. AOE seems more potentt (maybe my imagination) but with the target guarantee it's definitely a good step. Exectue is amazing you omega and kill with it it's every second turn for such a monster attack. Avoiding taunt and reviving with full health (zeta with full protection) and all that's without his new improved leader ability. Which is amazing as well.

I've crit 34K with execute only gonna get better as iImake him stronger. He seems utterly perfecr to me now, videos show him taking on top teams so viable meta/arena is certainly not out of the question.

IPS iIlove the ships update and all the othee cool stuff but nothing will compare to this

I'm running the following 2 teams so far

Boba L
    Zam
    Greedo
    Shore
    Ig88

Palp L
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    Boba

I don't know what team I like better
  • He has both tags. Scoundrel and bounty hunter

I'm refering to his leader ability

• Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the two times I tried him out after the rework, he got one shot, revived with less than half health, and then got one shot again before he could attack. Of course, he's only 4*, gear level 5, with a couple of mods. That said, I have faith that the rework made him better.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    SmithieD video makes me want to drop all and get him
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Mine is g10 hitting 30-45k executes 20k basic double tap and about 10k aoe

You need to take a look at ur mods

What is your mod setup for him? I'm not getting that kind of damage. 7*, g11, level 85, maxed abilities. My mod setup is obviously lacking. What mods are you using to get that damage?
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Mine is g10 hitting 30-45k executes 20k basic double tap and about 10k aoe

You need to take a look at ur mods

What is your mod setup for him? I'm not getting that kind of damage. 7*, g11, level 85, maxed abilities. My mod setup is obviously lacking. What mods are you using to get that damage?

Crit chance mods with speed and offense secondaries.

My boba offense is like 3100 with near 65% crit chance

If I run him lead with an offense up buff I'm double tapping basic for 26k approx 11k Aoe and execute typically around 30-60k

• He went down to one hit from Barriss just now.
  • He went down to one hit from Barriss just now.

Woow, you killed him with everybody ! Also Ugnaught for sure ! Keep go on to make us laugh ;-)
  • How do people get such high damage with execute?

Do you have to mod him crit damage mods?

Do you have to get him beyond gear 9?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Crit chance mods with speed and offense secondaries.

My boba offense is like 3100 with near 65% crit chance

If I run him lead with an offense up buff I'm double tapping basic for 26k approx 11k Aoe and execute typically around 30-60k

Thanks! I'm at about 2600 and 47%. I think I'll make some adjustments.
  • I am level 76 and doing just fine with Wiggs, Lando, STH/QGJ/STH (two of these depending on opponents). Now my plan originally was to start farming Anakin when his Cantina node gets available at level 77 for the f2p meta of Wiggs, Lando, STH, JKA. But now I am wondering in the light of Shoretrooper etc. if it wouldn't be better to get Boba instead of JKA (and B2 or Sun Fac instead of STH) as aoe dispell seems to be more important than before. What do you recommend for my next farm for this arena team?
  • Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I am level 76 and doing just fine with Wiggs, Lando, STH/QGJ/STH (two of these depending on opponents). Now my plan originally was to start farming Anakin when his Cantina node gets available at level 77 for the f2p meta of Wiggs, Lando, STH, JKA. But now I am wondering in the light of Shoretrooper etc. if it wouldn't be better to get Boba instead of JKA (and B2 or Sun Fac instead of STH) as aoe dispell seems to be more important than before. What do you recommend for my next farm for this arena team?

Honestly boba complements a lot of teams now and on top of that his ship is good.

Though he is a chore to gear up
    I'm loving him so far don't have him properly modded and mines only G9 but he's criting basic is like 10K so sometimes double attack. AOE seems more potentt (maybe my imagination) but with the target guarantee it's definitely a good step. Exectue is amazing you omega and kill with it it's every second turn for such a monster attack. Avoiding taunt and reviving with full health (zeta with full protection) and all that's without his new improved leader ability. Which is amazing as well.

IPS iIlove the ships update and all the othee cool stuff but nothing will compare to this

Boba L
    Zam
    Greedo
    Shore
    Ig88

Palp L
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    Boba

Are you capable of videos? I haven't seen any boba rework videos with your first lineup there the bounty hunter one

Boba L
    Zam
    Greedo
    Shore
    Ig88

Palp L
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    Boba

Are you capable of videos? I haven't seen any boba rework videos with your first lineup there the bounty hunter one

If you could recommend me an app I def would be happy to do so.

I stream and do vids on console when I play competitive so I'm no stranger

Boba L
    Zam
    Greedo
    Shore
    Ig88

Palp L
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    Boba

If you could recommend me an app I def would be happy to do so.

I stream and do vids on console when I play competitive so I'm no stranger

Haha ah ****, no iIhave no idea or experience for that
    Honestly boba complements a lot of teams now and on top of that his ship is good.
    Though he is a chore to gear up
    So you would recommend Wiggs, Lando, Boba, STH? Or better B2 or Sun Fac instead of STH? Or is it even possible to drop Lando and go Wiggs, Boba, JKA, STH/B2/SF?
    Wiggs also isn't easy at all to gear but I'm in a productive T7 rancor raid guild, and at top 5 arena saved up crystals to buy two furnaces already. JKA isn't easy at all to farm anyway, so I think going Boba is actually easier than JKA, no?
    It's a somewhat important decision... JKA is a proven path while Boba is somewhat unknown, so I really like to hear comments if it is possible or even good to replace JKA with Boba. This would also free up the vital Cantina energy to farm B2 for example.
  • He's easy to counter with Jedi Knight Guardian - very quick win for me.
  • Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus were introduced so that Wiggs cannot one shot anybody anymore, now both these tanks are made irrelevant by this next one shotter! This is a pretty sad rework if you ask me! What's next? Aoe 1 shot? Make it happen already you know you want to!!
  • Synfreak wrote: »
    Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus were introduced so that Wiggs cannot one shot anybody anymore, now both these tanks are made irrelevant by this next one shotter! This is a pretty sad rework if you ask me! What's next? Aoe 1 shot? Make it happen already you know you want to!!

Your tears are delicious
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    How u are dealing against very fast squads?

I used to run a Rex lead, since he gives TM was all good. I want to keep Boba at lead, but i needed to put st han there, otherwise wiggs plus anakin almost destroys me without take a move.

So far my team is boba, lando, shoretrooper, st han, b2/sun fac. I really woud like to add another attacker, but without someone to push TM it seems weak.
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • @SpeedRacer I tried that but wasn't really working for me. Currently running Rex (L), boba, Lando, St Han, palp. It's defending pretty well and it seems very lively even if you get anyone 1 shot by Wiggs, preferably boba of course :lol:

Think st Han is prob the weak link here though
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    How u are dealing against with very fast squads?

I used to run a Rex lead, since he gives TM was all good. I want to keep Boba at lead, but i needed to put st han there, otherwise wiggs plus anakin almost destroys me without take a move.

So far my team is boba, lando, shoretrooper, st han, b2/sun fac. I really woud like to add another attacker, but without someone to push TM it seems weak.

You shouldn't be having much problems with speed considering once you pop debuffs your entire team of bounty hunters should outspeed the enemy.

Get rid of st Han for zam
  • Why is Boba considered the greatest bounty hunter in Star Wars when all it took was a bump from a blind guy into his rocket pack to send him hurdling to his death?

Who said he was dead?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Skeetabyte42
    325 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Funny reading through all these...

First, everyone's "nah, he'll be weak", then after he's released: "Um, yeah... meta."

:lol::lol:

• Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Why is Boba considered the greatest bounty hunter in Star Wars when all it took was a bump from a blind guy into his rocket pack to send him hurdling to his death?

Who said he was dead?

Right? His story as a bounty hunter in new canon has barely been told yet. For all we know he could be even more bad **** than before.

The "bump from a blind guy" is hardly a barometer to use for the measure of a characters strenght either. I mean, even a heavyweight champ can be knocked out with a blind sighted cheap shot or some kind of accident lol

• @xReDeMpx Android or IOS?
  • @xReDeMpx Android or IOS?

IOS

But for what lol
    @xReDeMpx Android or IOS?

IOS

But for what lol

Someone said for you to record a video. So I was asking because I know some good apps to record for android.
  • I've always thought Boba was just okay. With his taunt ignore, he might be good to use as a pig killer in Pit Raid, and other parts of Tank Raid where they taunt.