Has anyone else logged on to realize that they were placed on a much tougher server?

I was climbing pretty fast in Arena with aspirations to realistically place in the top 10-15 then one day I find myself on another server with the top 100 all higher level than me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• Hmm that's interesting... If this happening to other people as well, I wonder if it's the case that Capital Games are slowly starting to merge all servers together in preparations for a revamp in the PvP ranking system?

Perhaps they're switching from the current rank swap to an accumulated points system in which case it would no longer make sense to have so many separate servers.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    The weird thing for me is, I started the game within 5 days before the global launch. So I was stuck in a server where the top rankings are always lvl 60 7 star folks. Currently I managed to climb to lvl50 and have 4 star Sid, Talia, Lumia, and Tarkin, and 3 star Doku, all lvl 6 geared. I am almost sure I can get to top 500 at least if I am allowed to play with my peers, but, the best ranking I got so far is about 1600.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Yes I was blasting through arena no problem then all of a sudden everyone around me was much stronger than me.
  • Ive noticed this too. I was blasting into the top 50 when all of a sudden im around 120 and everyone around me has more power. i dont mind being on a harder server but the prizes should scale as well.
  • I just started 3 days ago. Top in PVP is lvl 40. I assumed this game just came out...

Perhaps it is a time deal? Like after 30 days you move out of the n00b pool and into the Larger pool?

It is my understanding that a lot of mobile games have to do this (although i dont agree with it) to even out playing fields during the first year of the game. IE. Marvel Contest of Champions.

But thanks for posting this. I will try and take as much advantage as I can of my N00b pool.

See you guys on the other side! and watch out. Im dangerous.

134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Ive noticed this too. I was blasting into the top 50 when all of a sudden im around 120 and everyone around me has more power. i dont mind being on a harder server but the prizes should scale as well.

I agree with this. It feels like a cheap move on EA's part when you invest time and money only to have the rug pulled out from under you. I don't mind being a little fish in a big pond as long as the bigger pond means bigger rewards. The rewards in arena should scale with the difficulty and levels of the pool of players involved. I really hope they look at and consider this with the pvp overhaul they're preparing.
  • Yes happened to me as well... The timing coincided with upgrading my first toon to 5 stars, was wondering if that mattered at all for rankings?
  • I play since global launch and the top Player
    in my pvp ladder are lvl 57 with 5-6* leader.
  • I have noticed this also. I was rank 7th levelling fast and using a rather large amount of cash, then i log on one day and im out of the top 50 and a fair way behind the top 50 in terms of level and power
    Ally Code: 328-448-972
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Keva wrote: »
    I have noticed this also. I was rank 7th levelling fast and using a rather large amount of cash, then i log on one day and im out of the top 50 and a fair way behind the top 50 in terms of level and power
    That would suck.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot