Plo Kon ship, worth the effort?

My current ship squad is: Ahsoka, JC, Biggs, Wedge, imperial Tie Fighter. Ackbar as lead (I am thinking on replace him by Windu later) and geonosian as reinforcement. So, is Plo kon's ship good? Should replace one of these ships? Wich one should be replaced?
Sorry for the huge amount of questions kkkkk

Replies

• Ackbar as leader*
  • Guys, please, any opinion will be important ;)
  • I mean so far what i have seen if you have a good clone sergeant and ship you can destroy and in the before the ships went live thing it murdered so maybe work on that so far my sun fac's ship is really good too
  • I use Plo's ship. It's ability to put a taunt target of your choosing is great for the opening rounds and his support skill is nice too. Decent damage. I live in the 4-6 slots on my shard because there just no beating the huge krakens with their 150k fleet power yet.
  • He buffs clones, jedi, and Republic ships. Any ship that can buff shields/HP for another is a winner from what I am reading. Worst case scenario, people tie you in arena.
  • Thank u all! I will begin to farm him.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Plo, JC, Ahsoka, Rex, Clone Sgt. under Mace lead. U will run the clock out on defense.
  • I've prioritised him just because I like the character but he's turned out to be really effective in this lineup:
    Plo Koon, Fives, Ahsoka, JC, Sun Fac (+Rex, Sarge, Maul or GeoSol in reserve)

Turn one he sticks a taunt on Fives and Fives weathers the early storm. Turn 2 he grants speed up to another team member. Turn 3 he bumps everyone's TM who then unload with their best offensive specials. Very effective.

Currently either 1st or 2nd on my shard.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • @SifuSteve I don't have them yet, but unless Umbaran Starfighter scales drastically differently from Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing, the opening special from Geonosian Spy pulling Maul/Geonosian Soldier/5th guy is enough to one-shot Fives despite the 65% protection up. This assumes equal (in this case max) gear/stars/level, of course.
  • Ego12Draconis
    251 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm top 10 on my shard and using mace Plo Ahsoka, Serg, JC, Fives
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    @SifuSteve I don't have them yet, but unless Umbaran Starfighter scales drastically differently from Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing, the opening special from Geonosian Spy pulling Maul/Geonosian Soldier/5th guy is enough to one-shot Fives despite the 65% protection up. This assumes equal (in this case max) gear/stars/level, of course.
    I haven't flown Biggs in PvP but I can say that I haven't come across anything that can one-shot Fives' Umbaran yet. Nothing's even come close, to be fair. I'm flying (without really meaning to) 2 tanks at the start, with 1 in reserve: Fives, Sun Fac and Rex. I also had Sarge in there until the Scimitar came along. None of them can suck abuse as well as Fives.

The Umbaran has such an unattractive negative in giving away TM that I think they've balanced it by making it the tankiest tank. Early days yet. I imagine they'll up the bout duration to 10 minutes at some point because it's simply too tough to grind out the amount of tanks that have saturated the first release of ships.

Edit: I've gone and taken a look at my own GeoSpy ship. Now I have the Scimitar, I can see how his swarm special could be a problem. I guess I should mention at this point that Ahsoka makes a very good taunter once she's got her evade up - she can dodge a lot of shots.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Fives and SF have the same max ship-only health according to swgoh.gg, so assuming Fives doesn't scale too differently from SF, the numbers I got from SkyKrak (on just a few ships) for fully maxed everything SF was 83k health and 53k protection. With 65% protection up from Plo, that's 170k combined health. If 2-3 ships crit and Spy applies Defense Down (before the assists land is how I believe it would work, still new to the game), Spy's assist can do anywhere from 172k-197k(all crits). If you get no Defense Down or no crits, you're still looking at 140-150k damage, which could easily be cleaned up by an Ackbar assist or Soldier. Granted, it takes out your one big opening power play as a Maul+Geos fleet, so the follow-up would be tricky, but definitely possible to kill Fives in one shot. If you have a second strong tank sitting in reinforcements, when SF dies you bring him in then stealth with Maul again, their reinforcement will be TL'd from Maul so you should be able to pull the combo off a second time before you kind of fall apart. But by that time I would expect at least 3 dead enemy ships to SF+2nd tank.

Wish I could play around on a dev account for just a short while - the amount of information we could gather from just a short amount of playtesting...