Start hoarding Arena/GW tokens??

JoshG
908 posts Member
So I will finish Sid/Lumi both tomorrow. Outside of building a droid squad nothing in arena really interests me. In GW I previously planned on starting Phasma. BUT with the release of QJC in cantina shipments I am kinda thinking about just saving up for a month or so. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Once I get my Lumi to 6* and IG88 to 6* I think I will be doing the same.
  • I began stashing them away after I got Lumi and phasma to 7 and got poggle to 5 ( I don't use him much) not sure when any new characters will come out though. I'm doing the same in arena but greedo tempts me.
  • I'm going to hoard arena shipments. IG-88 interests me but I don't really see him as critical in any way.
  • The only thing critical about IG-88 is his damage;)

I am facing the same decision. Got Sid to 7* today. Start IG-88 or hold off and save. I do find 88 enticing.
  • Yup got 20k arena points saved up. And 6k war tokens. Out of all the shipments, the arena rewards are very lackluster atm. Hopefully cg adds a couple new player in the next update.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Stormtrooper Han will be done tomorrow, poggle in 8 days, and Poe in 20 days. I will bank after each of those finish.
  • Once Phasma and Ventrsess hit 7 I'll be doing the same.
  • I have 7* ventress and almost 5* sid I wonder should I keep farming sid or just hold , sid is a really boring character lol but I get him anyway after ventress because i dunno whoelse to go with...
  • Sid is solid for every game mode. Worth the farm IMO.
  • You guys trust in being interested in whatever they might add to shipments, this much?
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    You guys trust in being interested in whatever they might add to shipments, this much?

For people that already have Sid maxed, there's nothing else there that are viable for PVP unless you're making a droid team, hence hoarding.
    You guys trust in being interested in whatever they might add to shipments, this much?

For people that already have Sid maxed, there's nothing else there that are viable for PVP unless you're making a droid team, hence hoarding.

Assaj is pretty powerful imo. Also IG-88 is another very strong attacker for Poe teams to use. I can see the reasoning behind this, I just have middling expectations of these updates and am somewhat risk averse.
    Benr3600 wrote: »

Assaj is pretty powerful imo. Also IG-88 is another very strong attacker for Poe teams to use. I can see the reasoning behind this, I just have middling expectations of these updates and am somewhat risk averse.

Assaj is awesome against phasma with her heal and she can stun Sidius quite a bit in my opinion. Glad I went for her first.
  • I have the same situation as you also. Got Sid to 7* yesterday but now don't really know what to do or hoard. I'm current running a Phasma PVP team with Lumi, Sid, Dooku & JC 7&6* but struggling to break into top 50 as I can beat the opponents but my team gets beaten back up the ranks to easily. so know I prob need to adjust. have been seperately upping IG86 as he's an easy farm and F2P alternate to Tie Pilot for his high damage option. Considering moving to more droids IG88 and HK but collecting Poe and Poggle in background in case I want to change tack. Risk I'm going to get lost focus and not really move forwards without a concept that's better! Any thoughts welcome (bear in mind I'm F2P so slightly more limited options)
  • Boro_Smooth1
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I dont understand why to hoard any shipments. Ok, example: I get to pick 3 GW shipments (1,2 k GW tokens) a day, which is max. After every time you spend 400 on a shipment, you have to wait 6 hours. So by the time you are done spending the 1,2 k tokens, you get another(except if you ain't sleeping ;-) ) 1,2 k tokens from a new GW. So whats the point of hoarding those tokens if you basically have a constant income of tokens?
  • You hoard just incase you don't finish or miss a day. Also pvp gives you like 2 a day if your good. If your like me and can't break the top 200 then you get 2 every other day. You run out of tokens fast that way
  • Hoat
    11 posts Member
    GW tokens I kind of agree with, it's Arena tokens that are the main area for consideration as you get less of these say 700 a day so you can spend more than you accumulate. If there is limited useful characters for these then saving up in case better ones are added is an option. Also with GW there are much better choices to spend on for most people. Arena choices post Sid start to get a bit poor unless you have a specific synergy to work on. Personally I'd like to see another top char added to Arena. But that's all a matter of preference I have (or ability to make something good out of the others - lol)
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Well if you dont like the GW additions you could also just buy 2 different heroes shards each reset if you dont wish to refresh it, but GW refreshes very cheap.

As for the arena I would assume most people earn ~2 buys a day so you could spend 1 extra (if you arent willing to set an alarm) per day, its not ideal but it maybe better than heros you wont use.
  • I dont understand why to hoard any shipments. Ok, example: I get to pick 3 GW shipments (1,2 k GW tokens) a day, which is max. After every time you spend 400 on a shipment, you have to wait 6 hours. So by the time you are done spending the 1,2 k tokens, you get another(except if you ain't sleeping ;-) ) 1,2 k tokens from a new GW. So whats the point of hoarding those tokens if you basically have a constant income of tokens?

because GW is a volatile environment. They might fix it again to make it tougher and more difficult.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The GW shipments can be refreshed with only ten tokens, which is very cheap. You could buy ten refreshes with only 100 tokens (assuming they dont increase in price like energy refreshes do). But on the other hand GW shipments sre very good especially compared to arena ships.
  • I have been hoarding everything since they said something about the Feb release.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I dont understand why to hoard any shipments. Ok, example: I get to pick 3 GW shipments (1,2 k GW tokens) a day, which is max. After every time you spend 400 on a shipment, you have to wait 6 hours. So by the time you are done spending the 1,2 k tokens, you get another(except if you ain't sleeping ;-) ) 1,2 k tokens from a new GW. So whats the point of hoarding those tokens if you basically have a constant income of tokens?

See my post in the Guides section.
    Also, GW has the cheapest "speed buy" option in the game. Cantina and Arena refreshes cost 50 crystals. In GW you give up 5 shards and get 40 refreshes. You can catch up fast.
    I'm hoarding in all modes for two reasons: 1. I can barely keep up with the credit cost of leveling my main 10 or 12 without more new chars; 2. Big changes are coming.
    I have enough GW tokens saved up to 6* any new character immediately. Less in other modes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

Also, GW has the cheapest "speed buy" option in the game. Cantina and Arena refreshes cost 50 crystals. In GW you give up 5 shards and get 40 refreshes. You can catch up fast.
    I'm hoarding in all modes for two reasons: 1. I can barely keep up with the credit cost of leveling my main 10 or 12 without more new chars; 2. Big changes are coming.
    I have enough GW tokens saved up to 6* any new character immediately. Less in other modes.

I agree totally. I am going all-in on QJC but I won't be spending any arena/GW tokens.
  • IG88 is tempting me in arena to go with Sid and Poggle. Instant offense. IG88 or wait?
  • It'd be great if Rey, Leia, and FOTP could be dropped into GW and Squad Arena shipments. Thanks!

GW Shipments = 15 shards per day, assuming you complete GW
    Arena Shipments = 1.75-12.5 shards per day, depending on ranking
    Cantina Shipments = 2.5-7.5 shards per day (no refills to 2 cantina refills)

• If FOTP was in GW alongside Resistance Pilot I'd be ecstatic.

I can't see Rey being in shipments for at least another month or two. Three nodes is pretty good, I got 6 shards of her yesterday, that's better than cantina shipments on average.

Leia is kinda poopy but if she was in arena I'd totally go for her.

P2W rage is coming I can smell the salt in the air. :*
  • It'd be great if Rey, Leia, and FOTP could be dropped into GW and Squad Arena shipments. Thanks!

GW Shipments = 15 shards per day, assuming you complete GW
    Arena Shipments = 1.75-12.5 shards per day, depending on ranking
    Cantina Shipments = 2.5-7.5 shards per day (no refills to 2 cantina refills)

Not happening...also, didn't you want fotp nerfed?.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member

You post assumes they wont add 2 new heroes to GW, if they do you can buy 3 shipments of each for as many days as you banked. Also assuming you dont need the heroes right away, worst case is you have lets say 52,800 tokens saved up and they dont add a single hero to GW, you can then pull 3 heroes from each of the 3 pulls for 22 days and have 3 7* heroes, so if you dont need heroes right away at worst it costs you 22 days from when you decide you want one.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

Did you notice you had to restart the client today? I did, apparently they changed the refresh costs. Take a look.