Is Boba Fett remotely viable now/meta?

Replies

• Currently sitting at rank 9 in a January shard surrounded by Rex and wiggs teams with Boba lead, cad bane, 88, lando and 215 speed sthan. The extra health and damage on the bounty hunters is pretty legit, once boba goes and ability blocks the whole enemy team, they start popping off insanely quick. Idk about meta considering the QGJ and Maul zeta abilities coming, but it sure is fun to play.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    @xReDeMpx Android or IOS?

IOS

But for what lol

@xReDeMpx Android or IOS?

IOS

But for what lol

Someone said for you to record a video. So I was asking because I know some good apps to record for android.

Yeah I plan on starting to record for sure
  • Again I am just not seeing the results. Is he g 10 or 11 to get those type of results? I am asking because at g9 he is not that great. Do not see much more than before.

Try an Execute on an enemy character that has 1 buff or more. What damage do you get?
  • Again I am just not seeing the results. Is he g 10 or 11 to get those type of results? I am asking because at g9 he is not that great. Do not see much more than before.

Try an Execute on an enemy character that has 1 buff or more. What damage do you get?

Precisely. I liked the new boba a lot and i'm pretty sure he'll be in the new meta (he's already actually), also i found very fun to play with him and his new dmg and skills... I'm sure farming him up asap
  • I almost would make a new account just to see what the meta plays out there. On 3, pre-Boba update, accounts not one other Boba lead. And that's only cause I got lucky and was trying something new.
  • Qazeymoto2_1
    255 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I hope they add zam to galactic war or make her farmable somewhere else because in a full scoundrel team she gets 100 turn meter every time she detonates a thermal with her basic. Pair that with boba's 15% tm for all bounty hunters when a thermal goes off and that's a JE level tm boost. Especially if the entire enemy team has a thermal on them. For the team I'm thinking boba lead zam greedo dengar and ig 88 (you can try to add cad bane in there but he's not the best).
    Post edited by Qazeymoto2_1 on
  • I'm running:
    Rex Boba Aalya Baze Fac

Boba at Gear XI is outstanding, base speed boost of +12 means you can get him into mid speed Biggs territory (high 220s, low 230s). Ability blocks most teams at the outset, or with Rex after one crit. Went with a +crit and +potency set, rather than extra crit damage. He's an 'anti Rex' character as stops Squad Discipline kicking in for a couple of turns with omega. Tried him as lead, lack of TM gain mechanic meant he didn't fair well, even with Wiggs and friends behind him.

Xio
  • I hope they add zam to galactic war or make her farmable somewhere else because in a full scoundrel team she gets 100 turn meter every time she detonates a thermal with her basic. Pair that with boba's 15% tm for all bounty hunters when a thermal goes off and that's a JE level tm boost. Especially if zam the entire enemy team has a thermal on that. For the team I'm think boba lead zam greedo dengar and ig 88 (you can try to add cad bane in there but he's not the best).

I'd replace greedo with sth. Might be really good
  • Y
    I hope they add zam to galactic war or make her farmable somewhere else because in a full scoundrel team she gets 100 turn meter every time she detonates a thermal with her basic. Pair that with boba's 15% tm for all bounty hunters when a thermal goes off and that's a JE level tm boost. Especially if zam the entire enemy team has a thermal on that. For the team I'm think boba lead zam greedo dengar and ig 88 (you can try to add cad bane in there but he's not the best).

Why?

You don't need st Han for tm when all your toons are on speed x10 from bobas lead.

You lose out on greedo who benefits the team and gains from bobba and can basic for 30k nah I'll pass
  • I hope they add zam to galactic war or make her farmable somewhere else because in a full scoundrel team she gets 100 turn meter every time she detonates a thermal with her basic. Pair that with boba's 15% tm for all bounty hunters when a thermal goes off and that's a JE level tm boost. Especially if zam the entire enemy team has a thermal on that. For the team I'm think boba lead zam greedo dengar and ig 88 (you can try to add cad bane in there but he's not the best).

She is farmable in fleet shipments
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I wasn't keen on the Boba rework, but I have to admit it's kinda' nice to be able to use a full team of new scoundrels competetively. Don't even need Lando or ST Han anymore. Still don't like the separate "bounty hunter" tag though.
  • I wasn't keen on the Boba rework, but I have to admit it's kinda' nice to be able to use a full team of new scoundrels competetively. Don't even need Lando or ST Han anymore. Still don't like the separate "bounty hunter" tag though.

Glad you like it though me and you were some boba og and scoundrels og.

Wait till you get boba to g11 he gets 12 speed and a little more of everything.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Wait till you get boba to g11...
    That could be a very long wait, based on his gears requirements. :/

• ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Wait till you get boba to g11...
    That could be a very long wait, based on his gears requirements. :/

Yeah he has steep req for gear but I've had mine geared high for awhile now

St Han would be a better choice but greedo can help zam with thermals and get the tm boost on thermal detonate from boba lead.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Yeah he has steep req for gear but I've had mine geared high for awhile now
    You probably had him geared high before I started playing. :D

• Synfreak wrote: »
    Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus were introduced so that Wiggs cannot one shot anybody anymore, now both these tanks are made irrelevant by this next one shotter! This is a pretty sad rework if you ask me! What's next? Aoe 1 shot? Make it happen already you know you want to!!

he cant one-shot
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @xReDeMpx @HobaFett Changed all strategy and mods, surprised things are working so good now, what should look like a weak team, is not.

Gave Boba high potency, that way he inflicts a lot more the ability block, holding up lando/anakin/wedge from aeo or Rex, it's a big advantage here. Dengar got decente potency too, so both bounty hunter will get even more health due to Boba unique lead ability.

The idea is Boba ability block, then Dengar stun, on next turn Fett destroys someone with execute :p and Dengar throw his mini-mine mayhem, so the speed party keeps rolling while Lando do his aeo job. I like to trigger Solo crit up/evasion up as soon as possible, since will protect and give more attack power to everyone.

Just wish i had Zam and 88 ready.

My shard is similar to anyone just full of wiggs, rex or double taunters, but this squad is working perfectly. By the way, one of the most fun i used on arena!!

Screenshot_20161126_235020scaundrel_bounty_hunte.jpg

Edit:

Adding 2 simple videos of arena top rank battles. As u can see, it's not easy to win, but following some strategy, things works out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLh22Kyvlu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0u8bB95sNw

Edit2:
    -Rules of engagement, defeat old Ben first, watch Boba crits for +90k!!! B)
    boba_90k.jpg
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    ugh double post please delete
  • @SpeedRacer Is Dengar really worth it in your squads? He barely does anything of note in either battle - it seems like you're using him just for his original stun, but a simple skill block from say, IG-88, would perform the same role and increase your damage dramatically.
  • Ricter wrote: »
    @SpeedRacer Is Dengar really worth it in your squads? He barely does anything of note in either battle - it seems like you're using him just for his original stun, but a simple skill block from say, IG-88, would perform the same role and increase your damage dramatically.

I liked using Dengar and Boba ( before his rework ) so that Dengar would lay his mines before Boba's ability block. Now Boba is too fast

• Thanks for posting the vids, @SpeedRacer . :)
    It's going to be a few months before I can do Rancor Heroic so who would you substitute Han Solo by?
  • I have boba 100% maxed he is an absolute top tier toon.

EP L
    TFP
    Shore
    Vader
    Boba

Best team I've used and fun. Have used it against droids, all forms of rebels with baze7* maxed and Rex led teams and it's easily the team that still clears them
    The easiest.

So much ko potential in one sweep of a teams turn
  • Lando, Wedge, Biggs, STHan, Boba is effective too -- he's easy to slot into any teams and really versatile thanks to his ability block & dispel. Definitely a top tier toon.
  • Something i've been working towards lately, Full Bounty Hunter Team with Boba, IG88, Dengar, Cad, and Zam. I know what you're thinking, lot of glass cannons, but you're forgetting about Boba's new leader ability, where 50% of all bounty hunter potency is turned into HP bonus, so with their base Potency levels and including an extra 120% (5 potency cross mods), Ig-88 goes to having atleast 32k hp. And as far as speed goes, remember they all get +15 speed for each enemy debuffed, up to +75, and this group knows how to dish them out.

Health and speed bonuses aside, that's not the best part of this team, it's Zam (who is farmable now in fleet shipments). Get her to go first and lay out her thermals, then when she goes again, you essentially win. How? Her basic detonates the thermals, giving her 20% tm for each scoundrel ally, so that's 100% for her, and an extra 15% for each ally (another part of Boba's new leader ability). Just keep using her basic and applying new thermals when you can, and she becomes like Chirpatine in P3 of the tank, just keeps going and going and going, and also giving allies a chance now and then if there's still anyone alive.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @Ricter as said above, i don't have 88 geared yet, sure he fits better there.

@ddlooping2 yeah, new boba is a better all around attacker than han solo.
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • What about Boba, Greedo, Zam, IG88, Dengar (or Bane)...Greedo AND Zam drop thermals...thoughts?
  • I don't have many toons all maxed but u slipped boba into my dark team for gw and omg. I run dooku lead with vader, boba, cad or sidious and daka. Between vader and boba dotted enemies die very fast. Even went in a few times without daka and just sid and cad and it was insane how fast the enemy team died. It was a lvl 78 team and most of my dark team is lvl 70 except lvl 80 cad.boba is 63 lol
  • Currently running Boba lead, Anakin, TFP, ST, and B2. The team destroys everything in its path and even Rex lead is easy to beat because of the ability blocks this team can land. Also my Boba crits for over 9k on his basic and has done over 19k with double tap and he is only g10. I can imagine once he is fully geared he will be an absolute beast.
  • Something i've been working towards lately, Full Bounty Hunter Team with Boba, IG88, Dengar, Cad, and Zam. I know what you're thinking, lot of glass cannons, but you're forgetting about Boba's new leader ability, where 50% of all bounty hunter potency is turned into HP bonus, so with their base Potency levels and including an extra 120% (5 potency cross mods), Ig-88 goes to having atleast 32k hp. And as far as speed goes, remember they all get +15 speed for each enemy debuffed, up to +75, and this group knows how to dish them out.

Health and speed bonuses aside, that's not the best part of this team, it's Zam (who is farmable now in fleet shipments). Get her to go first and lay out her thermals, then when she goes again, you essentially win. How? Her basic detonates the thermals, giving her 20% tm for each scoundrel ally, so that's 100% for her, and an extra 15% for each ally (another part of Boba's new leader ability). Just keep using her basic and applying new thermals when you can, and she becomes like Chirpatine in P3 of the tank, just keeps going and going and going, and also giving allies a chance now and then if there's still anyone alive.
    I'm trying to decide between cad or greedo (they're both pretty bad) greedo has those thermals to help out zam but cad has decent damage and a reliable stun.