I will get straight to the point. Ships don’t belong in SWGoH.
SWGoH is (was?) an established game with an established ecosystem. We (the players) have certain expectations. For a given amount of time and possibly monetary investment we would gain a certain amount of entertainment. Most of us used the amount of time and resources we want to use on this game to achieve certain goals – a state of balance was in effect.
You have now introduced ships. As far as I can tell it’s a completely separate game:
• You collect and progress a separate set of units (ships)
• You use a separate currency to upgrade these units
• You use separate materials to upgrade abilities on these units
• There is a completely separate arena where you use these units
Ships connection to SWGoH is completely arbitrary
• Ships require pilots, but a certain ship can only have a certain pilot and a pilot is simply a sort of amplifier for ships power. There is absolutely no need for this connection to exist
• New character abilities (zeta) require materials that can only be farmed by ships. This in particular is an unnecessary (from player’s point of view) connection to ships that has only one purpose – to FORCE the player base to use this new “feature”
Functionally the entire ships subsystem is just another variation of a combat system already present in SWGoH with its own subset of units, currency, abilities and balance. It is not a new feature, it’s a completely new (though glaringly incomplete) game that has been crammed into the current one and then force-fed to your customers.
You have destroyed the balance, mostly by introducing “zeta” abilities. It’s obvious that it exists solely to force players into ships and to spend on ships. You need to either remove zeta and integrate the ships in a way that makes sense and INCREASES the value PLAYERS get out of the game or split them off into a separate title.
Examle of what in my opinion would be a far more fun implementation of ships:
* A ship has 2 abilities and it's ability strength and HP is determined solely by ship power (level*rarity)
* A pilot has 1-2 abilities and it's ability strength is determined solely by the pilots power
* You can stick ANY pilot into any ship with or without synergies
* You farm all ship "stuff" on ship tables/fleet arena
* You farm all pilot "stuff" on vanilla tables/fleet arena