Please spilt ships off into a separate game

Shax
77 posts Member
edited November 2016
I will get straight to the point. Ships don’t belong in SWGoH.

SWGoH is (was?) an established game with an established ecosystem. We (the players) have certain expectations. For a given amount of time and possibly monetary investment we would gain a certain amount of entertainment. Most of us used the amount of time and resources we want to use on this game to achieve certain goals – a state of balance was in effect.

You have now introduced ships. As far as I can tell it’s a completely separate game:
• You collect and progress a separate set of units (ships)
• You use a separate currency to upgrade these units
• You use separate materials to upgrade abilities on these units
• There is a completely separate arena where you use these units

Ships connection to SWGoH is completely arbitrary
• Ships require pilots, but a certain ship can only have a certain pilot and a pilot is simply a sort of amplifier for ships power. There is absolutely no need for this connection to exist
• New character abilities (zeta) require materials that can only be farmed by ships. This in particular is an unnecessary (from player’s point of view) connection to ships that has only one purpose – to FORCE the player base to use this new “feature”

Functionally the entire ships subsystem is just another variation of a combat system already present in SWGoH with its own subset of units, currency, abilities and balance. It is not a new feature, it’s a completely new (though glaringly incomplete) game that has been crammed into the current one and then force-fed to your customers.

You have destroyed the balance, mostly by introducing “zeta” abilities. It’s obvious that it exists solely to force players into ships and to spend on ships. You need to either remove zeta and integrate the ships in a way that makes sense and INCREASES the value PLAYERS get out of the game or split them off into a separate title.

[Edit]
Examle of what in my opinion would be a far more fun implementation of ships:
* A ship has 2 abilities and it's ability strength and HP is determined solely by ship power (level*rarity)
* A pilot has 1-2 abilities and it's ability strength is determined solely by the pilots power
* You can stick ANY pilot into any ship with or without synergies
* You farm all ship "stuff" on ship tables/fleet arena
* You farm all pilot "stuff" on vanilla tables/fleet arena
Post edited by Shax on

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    lol best entitlement post of today in which I completely disagree with every argument you mentioned.
    Perhaps you should stop playing as ships was a thing planned from day 1.
    It is seperate from the game except for the zeta mats which most likely will be available to farm elsewhere (eventually).
    All I read is some QQ since this changes nothing with the actual game.

You can either enjoy or quit playing. The only legit complaint you can make is the fleet Arena timer. The rest is just your opinion which you are entitled to ofcourse. They don't need to change anything. Most players are happy with this update. This is the first update after mods that makes me happy.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    lol best entitlement post of today in which I completely disagree with every argument you mentioned.
    It is seperate from the game except for the zeta mats which most likely will be available to farm elsewhere (eventually).

You can either enjoy or quit playing. The only legit complaint you can make is the fleet Arena timer. The rest is just your opinion which you are entitled to ofcourse. They don't need to change anything. Most players are happy with this update. This is the first update after mods that makes me happy.

I agree with everything you said. OP has a weak argument.
  • Actually it looks exactly like OP is saying...

And Crono: you say ships are separate from rest of goh except zetas, right? Thats what OP says too with his conclusion that it should be a separate game due to that...

The only difference is that you like ships, whereas OP doesnt...

From what i hear, a lot of people dont care much for ships or are simply indifferent... I personally kinda like having more to do, but am annoyed by animations and the extra time needed to put in
  • Everyones entitled to their own opinion around ships

Personally I would have preferred more chars and more events rather than what is effectively a game within a game
  • The reason why ships are so separate from characters is because players asked for it to be that way so they don't lose as much when they play ship battles.
  • The reason why ships are so separate from characters is because players asked for it to be that way so they don't lose as much when they play ship battles.

Wouldnt exactly say they are so seperate... a chars lvl, gear and mods has a direct influence on a ships power
  • While OP states some factual truths about the mechanics of the ship update, his opinion/conclusion is opposite to mine.

I like the ship update and think it fits the game.
  • Do you really believe that after all the $ and effort the developers spent last six month they will go ahead and listen to your post? You can as well wish for sun to raise in the west.
  • Having seperate currency is good. Could you imagine how jacked up it would have been if it used cantina resources.
  • CronozNL wrote: »

+999
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Shax wrote: »
    I will get straight to the point. Ships don’t belong in SWGoH.

SWGoH is (was?) an established game with an established ecosystem. We (the players) have certain expectations. For a given amount of time and possibly monetary investment we would gain a certain amount of entertainment. Most of us used the amount of time and resources we want to use on this game to achieve certain goals – a state of balance was in effect.

You have now introduced ships. As far as I can tell it’s a completely separate game:
    • You collect and progress a separate set of units (ships)
    • You use a separate currency to upgrade these units
    • You use separate materials to upgrade abilities on these units
    • There is a completely separate arena where you use these units

Ships connection to SWGoH is completely arbitrary
    • Ships require pilots, but a certain ship can only have a certain pilot and a pilot is simply a sort of amplifier for ships power. There is absolutely no need for this connection to exist
    • New character abilities (zeta) require materials that can only be farmed by ships. This in particular is an unnecessary (from player’s point of view) connection to ships that has only one purpose – to FORCE the player base to use this new “feature”

Functionally the entire ships subsystem is just another variation of a combat system already present in SWGoH with its own subset of units, currency, abilities and balance. It is not a new feature, it’s a completely new (though glaringly incomplete) game that has been crammed into the current one and then force-fed to your customers.

You have destroyed the balance, mostly by introducing “zeta” abilities. It’s obvious that it exists solely to force players into ships and to spend on ships. You need to either remove zeta and integrate the ships in a way that makes sense and INCREASES the value PLAYERS get out of the game or split them off into a separate title.

Then quite
  • I did suggest removing zeta as the best alternative. Come on, I challenge anyone to give a good reason for it's existance. Omegas are called "omega" for a reason. Use them for the final abilities, give us an incentive to play ships instead of a whip.

Since ships are a separate mechanic within the game there is no logic to them requiering resources that can only be farmed in "vanilla" arena, just like there is no logic to character abilities requiering materials that can only be farmed by ships. Let us farm everything that we need for ships by only using ships and vice versa.
  • I enjoy Ships immensely, but don't like that battles take so long. I agree with OP on only thing, Zetas should be somewhere else in the game. Ability Materials for characters shouldn't be part of the Ships Room. The other annoying thing is today's tournament is for a ship, yet the battles won't involve ships.
  • The zeta thing is the only thing I agree with
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.