Why are most Jedi Setup to fail?

Seems like most jedi are not very good at all yet they are for the most part one of the hardest to get shards. There are heavy counters to them with sith and droids. Most jedi use dodge and/or healing to survive yet crit groups or healing immunity counters them hard. All sith counter jedi yet only a few jedi counter anything and its always droids. I'm not saying there are not good jedi like Lumi is good and one of the few jedi you can get shards for easy. I also find Barriss Offee really good although like most jedi, VERY hard to get shards for. I just feel like a full jedi team could ever be a top group in pvp, but i am interested to see what others think.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Jedi have been nearly extinct in arena since the order 66 patch.
  • Everyone wants to have a jedi. No one wants a FO tie pilot or a geo soldier. They popular toons can't all be good, and the no name toons can't all be bad. What if all jedi were like qui gon, and all no names were like ugnaught?
  • Everyone wants to have a jedi. No one wants a FO tie pilot or a geo soldier. They popular toons can't all be good, and the no name toons can't all be bad. What if all jedi were like qui gon, and all no names were like ugnaught?

As hard as a lot of them are to get they should still be much better than they are. Tie fighter is amazing at high end. There's just a ton of stuff that has anti jedi yet nothing has anti sith.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Brutallic wrote: »
    Everyone wants to have a jedi. No one wants a FO tie pilot or a geo soldier. They popular toons can't all be good, and the no name toons can't all be bad. What if all jedi were like qui gon, and all no names were like ugnaught?

As hard as a lot of them are to get they should still be much better than they are. Tie fighter is amazing at high end. There's just a ton of stuff that has anti jedi yet nothing has anti sith.
    The game tries to be close to the movies. So Jedis can kill low level stuff like b1 droids and such, but a couple of sith can purge them all. At the end, you need a Sith (Vader) to defeat Palpstine, because none of the jedis could.
    Working as intended. :wink:
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    Jedi have been nearly extinct in arena since the order 66 patch.

They were almost extinct in the movies after order 66 as well
  • Sidious and Dooku were buffed because of QGJ. That should explain a few things.
  • Brutallic
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Triqui wrote: »
    Everyone wants to have a jedi. No one wants a FO tie pilot or a geo soldier. They popular toons can't all be good, and the no name toons can't all be bad. What if all jedi were like qui gon, and all no names were like ugnaught?

The game tries to be close to the movies. So Jedis can kill low level stuff like b1 droids and such, but a couple of sith can purge them all. At the end, you need a Sith (Vader) to defeat Palpstine, because none of the jedis could.

The game selects characters from all different parts of a time line. Also there is a high chance windu would have killed sidious if anakin did not get involved
  • I always felt.. particularly after reading the book that sidious threw the fight and was never really in danger
  • Eaywen wrote: »
    I always felt.. particularly after reading the book that sidious threw the fight and was never really in danger

I do feel he was not in imminent danger but i also think the fight was a long way from over. Also saying by no means that its 100% windu would have won.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Yay, another Mace vs Sid discussion!
    popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

No srsly I love those! So nerdy!

Long story short, Sid won. Anybody with Force Lightning at his power level is never unarmed.
  • I guess I have been saying that jedi would be a very popular choice for most people to farm as new players. If they were all above average and true to their movie roles you would have a million jedi teams. Look at sid and dooku. They are pretty "big" as far as the movies, and You can't play a GW or arena match without seeing one or both. They even buffed some sith because there were so many jedi teams after launch.
  • I think the devs need to buff the jedi a bit. Especially mace windu.
    Some jedi also having trouble of usefullnes in current meta like eeth koth and plo koon
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

The game selects characters from all different parts of a time line. Also there is a high chance windu would have killed sidious if anakin did not get involved

I'm not sure the fight would had gone the same way if Sidious weren't trying to attract Anakin to the dark side.
    Mace Windu is a better swordmaster. Which is about as relevant as Aragorn being better at fencing than Sauron
  • Brutallic
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016

I'm not sure the fight would had gone the same way if Sidious weren't trying to attract Anakin to the dark side.
    Mace Windu is a better swordmaster. Which is about as relevant as Aragorn being better at fencing than Sauron

Old ben and mace windu are in the same boat. They are under powered tanks with no taunt and hit like a wet noodle. Both have buffs on death yet there is no reason to kill them early. Even if mace couldn't beat sidious he still shouldn't be a really bad tank that hits really weak
  • kepi0809
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    dunno on my srv there is a guy in the top 5 (always) that has qui-gon leader that must be a jedi team ;) so it can work.
    And u say bull poo, vader was beaten as he chose the dark side (Mustafar) as well as sidious got beaten by windu. Thats about how unbeatable they are ;)
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lol what? QGJ, Old Ben, and Lumi are easily all top 10 characters in the game. It's just that there are something like 18 Jedi, so of course some are bad and most everyone is running Sid and/ or Dooku (counter Jedi characters)

Bariss, JC and Anakin are also quite strong
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    Lol what? QGJ, Old Ben, and Lumi are easily all top 10 characters in the game. It's just that there are something like 18 Jedi, so of course some are bad and most everyone is running Sid and/ or Dooku (counter Jedi characters)

Bariss, JC and Anakin are also quite strong

Barriss and Anakin are average at best and easily eclipsed by the majority of heroes in the game in general use. JC is good but he's not even one of the named Jedi, though he is better than most of the named Jedi in the game.

Take the top 5 Jedi and put them against the top 5 anti-Jedi and see who wins.
  • Sid, Maul, Dooku, Cad Bane, and HK-47 VS QGJ, Luminara, Old Ben, Aayla, and Barriss.

I'll take the Jedi.