Help for Arena character Line up please :)

Hello guys I need help in putting up my arena squad. I am a free to play player and Im not planing to pay a single cent in this game though I love playing this to death. I currently have

**** luminara
*** poe dameron
**** luke skywalker
*** talia
*** chewy
**** bobba fett
**** dathcha
**** sid
** JC
*** plo koon
*** jawa
** first order storm trooper
* royal guard
** ugnaught
* ig-86
* snow trooper
* ewok scout
* clone sgt.

I got them all from bronze and chromium cards, any advice will help. thanks in advance :)

Replies

• sid lead, lum, luke, poe and 1 more. Don't know your last bc they are a bit crappy after that.
  • thanks btw :)
  • Level ig86 or use jawa. Focus on Poe he is the king right now. Try and get Poggle and or Daka. Dathcha or Jawa now though. Poe taunt and nuke them down.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Focus on these heroes.

**** luminara
    *** poe dameron
    **** luke skywalker
    **** bobba fett
    **** sid
    ** JC

in Arena keep farm for Sid until he is 7stars
    GW = Luminara to 7stars
    Cantina = farm Luke , exchange shipment for Poe Dameron

As now keep doing JC, Boba fett shards, he is good benefit for GW/Arena.

• I do not know why everybody wants to 7 star Sid. I guess maybe because most people run lots of Jedi. My droid team kills Sid in round 1. People need to start to move away from Jedi except for support roles.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    drdavee wrote: »
    I do not know why everybody wants to 7 star Sid. I guess maybe because most people run lots of Jedi. My droid team kills Sid in round 1. People need to start to move away from Jedi except for support roles.

You just answer your own question. Thanks for the input..

In arena shipment unless you go for Droid (HK-47 or IG88) there wasn't any good heroes.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Judging from the heroes you have, I assume your lvl is around lower 50s. The first question you need to ask yourself, before making any decisions on the line-ups, is that how many healers do you want for your pvp team, and how you would like to balance your pve and pvp gaming. As far as I have experienced as a lvl64 with nearly 40 toons, GW rewards are the easiest to get if you have around 15 toons, including 3-4 healers, who can contribute to the fight. I have been able to clear 48 GW so far, and was rewarded 6* phasma, poggle, and lumi. I am now working on Resistant Pilot, a huge dps who can benefit from phasma's leadership. My pvp team is made up the those three folks, 5* Sid and 4* Poe, currently ranking 500-1000 in my soft-launch server. If your server is like mine, that is, when I was at lvl 1, the top 100 were already lvl 60 7* folks, I am almost certain my strategy would work best.

On the other hand, if you are in a server that is not as unbalanced, you could try to work your way through the pvp arena. The only problem is, people who spend money will almost always occupy the top 10 ranks. Even if you made your way up there, your server may be merged into another, which would significantly influence your ranks again.

Therefore, if you are not a big spender, I suggest focusing on the GW instead of pvp. If you are in a new server, it should not be too difficult to rank into the top 500, which gives you 700 shards per day! Use the rest of your energy on getting all of the 4 non-cash healers, i, e, JC, Talia, Daka and Lumi. Only Lumi needs to be upgraded beyond 4*. JC used to be good for he can reach IX at lvl60. But his final piece of IX, however, sit at lvl 73, which rendered him useless for pvps.

Personally I like to balance my team sheets and thus have not yet owned a single 7* toon. Thus after I got my Sid, I turn to Ventress and then 88 for 4*s. Both of them proved to be somewhat useful in GWs, esp Ventress who can dispel the advantages of Phasma. Neither of them, however, are useful for pvp. Therefore currently I am finally aiming to 7* sid, but after that I want to get Ackbar.

As my light side mission needs more good folks, I am currently working on Rey from missions, Poe from Cantina shipments, and Finn from Cantina fights. After that I plan to star Geo Soldier up as high as I can. Dooku also seems appealing against the AOE/phasma/Jedi teams.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Jedisplice wrote: »
    Level ig86 or use jawa. Focus on Poe he is the king right now. Try and get Poggle and or Daka. Dathcha or Jawa now though. Poe taunt and nuke them down.

Im afraid that the game will move on from AOE's sooner or later as I can see from the forums. Is it true?
  • Song wrote: »
    Focus on these heroes.

**** luminara
    *** poe dameron
    **** luke skywalker
    **** bobba fett
    **** sid
    ** JC

in Arena keep farm for Sid until he is 7stars
    GW = Luminara to 7stars
    Cantina = farm Luke , exchange shipment for Poe Dameron

As now keep doing JC, Boba fett shards, he is good benefit for GW/Arena.

Thanks btw, I find boba too slow? but he is tanky with a nice ability block. Im planning to get phasma because the top dogs in my server runs with phasma as their lead? is it worth it?
  • drdavee wrote: »
    I do not know why everybody wants to 7 star Sid. I guess maybe because most people run lots of Jedi. My droid team kills Sid in round 1. People need to start to move away from Jedi except for support roles.

Im infatuated with the jedis the very first time I play this game. But seeing mace,plo underperform well I drop the farming instantly.
  • Sysy wrote: »
    Judging from the heroes you have, I assume your lvl is around lower 50s. The first question you need to ask yourself, before making any decisions on the line-ups, is that how many healers do you want for your pvp team, and how you would like to balance your pve and pvp gaming. As far as I have experienced as a lvl64 with nearly 40 toons, GW rewards are the easiest to get if you have around 15 toons, including 3-4 healers, who can contribute to the fight. I have been able to clear 48 GW so far, and was rewarded 6* phasma, poggle, and lumi. I am now working on Resistant Pilot, a huge dps who can benefit from phasma's leadership. My pvp team is made up the those three folks, 5* Sid and 4* Poe, currently ranking 500-1000 in my soft-launch server. If your server is like mine, that is, when I was at lvl 1, the top 100 were already lvl 60 7* folks, I am almost certain my strategy would work best.

On the other hand, if you are in a server that is not as unbalanced, you could try to work your way through the pvp arena. The only problem is, people who spend money will almost always occupy the top 10 ranks. Even if you made your way up there, your server may be merged into another, which would significantly influence your ranks again.

Therefore, if you are not a big spender, I suggest focusing on the GW instead of pvp. If you are in a new server, it should not be too difficult to rank into the top 500, which gives you 700 shards per day! Use the rest of your energy on getting all of the 4 non-cash healers, i, e, JC, Talia, Daka and Lumi. Only Lumi needs to be upgraded beyond 4*. JC used to be good for he can reach IX at lvl60. But his final piece of IX, however, sit at lvl 73, which rendered him useless for pvps.

Personally I like to balance my team sheets and thus have not yet owned a single 7* toon. Thus after I got my Sid, I turn to Ventress and then 88 for 4*s. Both of them proved to be somewhat useful in GWs, esp Ventress who can dispel the advantages of Phasma. Neither of them, however, are useful for pvp. Therefore currently I am finally aiming to 7* sid, but after that I want to get Ackbar.

As my light side mission needs more good folks, I am currently working on Rey from missions, Poe from Cantina shipments, and Finn from Cantina fights. After that I plan to star Geo Soldier up as high as I can. Dooku also seems appealing against the AOE/phasma/Jedi teams.

[/quote]
    Some like to have 2 healers but Im contented with my lumi, Is Phasma worth it as a lead? Im currently farming her, because most of the top guys are running phasma as their lead. well yes Im currently beefing up my B team for gw headed by darth maul I dont know I just hate him for killing QGJ plus he is a pain to farm. Im beefing poe from the cantina shipments, after I 7 star sid i will hoard arena tokens just in case other characters are added in the future.
  • [/quote]
    Some like to have 2 healers but Im contented with my lumi, Is Phasma worth it as a lead? Im currently farming her, because most of the top guys are running phasma as their lead. well yes Im currently beefing up my B team for gw headed by darth maul I dont know I just hate him for killing QGJ plus he is a pain to farm. Im beefing poe from the cantina shipments, after I 7 star sid i will hoard arena tokens just in case other characters are added in the future.
    [/quote]

It sounds like you are doing things right. Phasma is the best leader by far if you are using more FO players but she falls off a little bit after. What makes her so good is that she has a good leadership skill for any player as well as her turn meter manipulation and her tankyness.