FO Storm Trooper over 4*?

Does anyone have the First Order Storm Trooper at or over 4 stars? If he really gets the FO bonus with Phasma leading (32% chance to assist) and 50% chance to counter, he can get a lot of shots off. I know his special sucks but he seems like a good tank with decent damage and can get a lot of shots off combined with Phasma.

Anyone have any experience with him?

Replies

• Well I got FOST to 4* but I'm using my 4* Fives instead of FOST most days. FOST still hits harder on basic but Fives hits harder and more often on counters. Also on defense FOST wastes a turn while Fives' special is awesome.
  • I have fost at 3* and working on him daily because i think he can be great. On cantina he has i think 17k health when maxed, which is top 5 or so and 3.2k damage (again im pretty sure) which is up where attackers are. When i get him to probably 5* then i will use him but i know he can be really good. Maybe with 5s and phasma? That would be a really tanky team
  • I'm currently levelling a first order team, I feel that in terms of raw effectiveness old daka or even dooku maxed out would be more dangerous than stormtrooper but then it wouldn't be a first order team would it. He does have a few things going for him with the counters and the massive hp with decent damage, on top of that he gets the extra attacks from phasma and FOO special can't whiff if the team is completely first order. Thoughts?
  • I was thinking the same thing Ganicola that I would get more hits with FOST combined with Phasma. But Fives calls an ally for an assist and his special has a pretty quick cool down so ultimately you probably get more team hits with Fives in than with FOST in with Phasma.
  • Do FOST worth farming? Have him 2*
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50

Nope. He's a great addition at lower levels but higher up, he's a waste.

Seriously? I hope you are trolling.

At higher levels he is a beast, he rarely, if ever leaves my line up.

• I read this post wrong... Need more coffee.
    :#
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Do FOST worth farming? Have him 2*

I was serious actually. Wrong maybe but definitely not trolling.

Your team set up and levels, pls?

Edit: did you read FOTP :lol:?
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Do FOST worth farming? Have him 2*

I was serious actually. Wrong maybe but definitely not trolling.

Your team set up and levels, pls?

I read it as FOTP, the ST is o.k. But nothing to write home about.

I have both at 7*. Level 70.

• My take on FOST

He does not use synergy well with his team and here is why

Everyone who runs a FO team will use Phasma as leader no question
    Her abilities add speed down to opponants
    as well as advantage and turn meter to allies

FO officer- really synergizes well because each ally who has advantage he gains 25% damage on basic
    Also FOO synergizes well because he also manipulates turn meter on both sides and really supports Phasma

Kylo Ren- Works in this group because a group of hard hitters needs an AOE attack, a counter and a healing debuff. He synergizes well with FOO because if he gets meter gain from him he also gets offense up on a good AOE attack.

FOTP- Great attacker with top damage in game synergizing really well with advantage making him double attack at 90%

FOST- Is a Tank which would be absolutly perfect for this team however the problems are.
    He doesnt have a taunt so no way to direct damage to himself.
    He does good damage but nothing special
    On defensive PVP he is going to pop off his special which is useless in early game
    His special ability gives himself advantage and defense up when he probably already has advantage from phasma or FOO. Defense up is only nice if people were to target him but the time people target him its too late. The goal in this game for a tank is to keep the rest of your team alive not be the last man standing like fives. Yes its true they might pull out a victory or two but they dont help the synergy of the team. I like to think of it as there is no I in team.

Now lets take a look at this in a best case scenario.

FOST- He can use his basic ability to slow people down. When he gets advantage from phasma he wont be targeted so he will basically have 90% chance to slow down an enemy you choose each round. This could be handy. Secondly, when it gets close to the end FOST can pop off Defense up and hope the other team gets wiped from counter attacks.

In my eyes Stormtrooper Han is a better FO synergy complement which is much easier to farm.

When han Taunts everytime he gets attacked he adds 20% turn meter to your allies. What!!!!!! sounds like a perfect FO player right? He is amazing!!!!

• I have fost at 6* and gear 7 and he's pretty great. Nice counter chance, speed down on normal attack, advantage and defense up special, nice hp and attack. This being said, I really only use him on my B team of FO (minus FOO) for GW and tank challenge due to others being better in my current team synergy. He has his place, it's just not in my main team at this point.
  • Michajam wrote: »
    My take on FOST

He does not use synergy well with his team and here is why

Everyone who runs a FO team will use Phasma as leader no question
    Her abilities add speed down to opponants
    as well as advantage and turn meter to allies

FO officer- really synergizes well because each ally who has advantage he gains 25% damage on basic
    Also FOO synergizes well because he also manipulates turn meter on both sides and really supports Phasma

Kylo Ren- Works in this group because a group of hard hitters needs an AOE attack, a counter and a healing debuff. He synergizes well with FOO because if he gets meter gain from him he also gets offense up on a good AOE attack.

FOTP- Great attacker with top damage in game synergizing really well with advantage making him double attack at 90%

FOST- Is a Tank which would be absolutly perfect for this team however the problems are.
    He doesnt have a taunt so no way to direct damage to himself.
    He does good damage but nothing special
    On defensive PVP he is going to pop off his special which is useless in early game
    His special ability gives himself advantage and defense up when he probably already has advantage from phasma or FOO. Defense up is only nice if people were to target him but the time people target him its too late. The goal in this game for a tank is to keep the rest of your team alive not be the last man standing like fives. Yes its true they might pull out a victory or two but they dont help the synergy of the team. I like to think of it as there is no I in team.

Now lets take a look at this in a best case scenario.

FOST- He can use his basic ability to slow people down. When he gets advantage from phasma he wont be targeted so he will basically have 90% chance to slow down an enemy you choose each round. This could be handy. Secondly, when it gets close to the end FOST can pop off Defense up and hope the other team gets wiped from counter attacks.

In my eyes Stormtrooper Han is a better FO synergy complement which is much easier to farm.

When han Taunts everytime he gets attacked he adds 20% turn meter to your allies. What!!!!!! sounds like a perfect FO player right? He is amazing!!!!

Exactly, great write up.

• My FOST 3 stars, lvl 57 is enough for clearing tier III tank challenges. And to be honest, ever since the last GW update, I've had no need for a B team in GW. I steam roll through the easier matches, then alternate Daka/ Dooku with their stuns and cycle through my healers. Lots of retreats once in a while, but no major team changes. A team and subs.
  • My FOST 3 stars, lvl 57 is enough for clearing tier III tank challenges.
    He really does do well in that challenge.

I want to like FOST but Michajam's write up sums it up really well. Without a better synergy in a First Order team you might as well use 5's instead.