Thoughts After Finishing Our First Heroic Rancor

First off, I would say to any leader on the fence about whether your guild is ready to move up. You're more than likely ready. I may have held my guild back a little too long. We beat it with characters to spare on our heavy hitters. So I would say go for it.

But more important than finishing the raid was that I did it with my guildmates. Some people left our guild because we weren't ready for Heroics at the time. But I hung around and took leadership and a couple of other players with good rosters hung around too. We have no whales, maybe a couple of goldfish lol, but the new players got stronger every day and to see it all come together was great.

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Congratulations! Its a great feeling! :smile:
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Wow. Same with our guild. Now we are in the state of slowing it down so we don't finish it too quickly so everyone can participate.
  • Awesome effort, well done.

I don't think that my guild is ready yet, but out of interest, what is the average number of 7* and gear 10/11 toons that you guys have?
  • Not sure but we were surprised how easily we beat it the first time. The key was good coordination to prevent wasted damage. Many members still had teams ready to go when we beat it.
  • WildMango wrote: »
    Not sure but we were surprised how easily we beat it the first time. The key was good coordination to prevent wasted damage. Many members still had teams ready to go when we beat it.

Nice work! Just to confirm, isn't damage only wasted at the end of a phase? So if two people do 2% damage starting at 50% of a phase, when they are done the phase will be at 46%, correct?
  • Haydigan wrote: »
    Awesome effort, well done.

I don't think that my guild is ready yet, but out of interest, what is the average number of 7* and gear 10/11 toons that you guys have?

Haydigan we probably only have 5-6 people who have 20 or so 7* characters, and about not all of them are Gear 10/11. I have 29 7* and 17 are in Gear 10/11. They're probably three other people with rosters like this, and then it goes down.

We only have one member at lvl 85.
  • WildMango wrote: »
    Not sure but we were surprised how easily we beat it the first time. The key was good coordination to prevent wasted damage. Many members still had teams ready to go when we beat it.

Yeah, we got on discord and worked out an order. Our top 5 members had only used their 'A' team by the time we got to Phase four, and then we just through bodies at it to finish it off.
  • WildMango
    151 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    WildMango wrote: »

Nice work! Just to confirm, isn't damage only wasted at the end of a phase? So if two people do 2% damage starting at 50% of a phase, when they are done the phase will be at 46%, correct?

I believe so. But just to prevent overlap we sent people in one by one until phase four then zerg.
    Post edited by WildMango on
  • My apologies, I misread and thought that you were talking about the Tank Raid.

Well done on the achievement though and enjoy your better loot and Han shards.
  • First of all, congrats.

Secondly, I would appreciate some advice. My guild is in a similar situation. We are 48 players, and we can finish T6 in one refresh. In fact, the first day the rancor health is lower than half in phase 3, so we finish phase 3 and do phase 4 the second day. We want to do the T7 but aren't sure if we are going to finish it, we know coordination is the key, but don't know if we are ready.

Thoughts? Tips? I already know which players should hit in each phase, depending on their rosters, and general strategy. The fact is we don't know if we are strong enough, there are no p2p players, but I guess we won't know until we try it.

Thank you.
  • AsaPhelps wrote: »
    First of all, congrats.

Secondly, I would appreciate some advice. My guild is in a similar situation. We are 48 players, and we can finish T6 in one refresh. In fact, the first day the rancor health is lower than half in phase 3, so we finish phase 3 and do phase 4 the second day. We want to do the T7 but aren't sure if we are going to finish it, we know coordination is the key, but don't know if we are ready.

Thoughts? Tips? I already know which players should hit in each phase, depending on their rosters, and general strategy. The fact is we don't know if we are strong enough, there are no p2p players, but I guess we won't know until we try it.

Thank you.

your guild is more than ready. do T7 as soon as possible. tell every member to spare one good team to phase 4 and you are good to go.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    AsaPhelps wrote: »
    First of all, congrats.

Thank you.

You're ready. We were probably at this exact stage. I was trying to wait until we could a Tier 6 without needing a character refresh. Which is probably what you're doing, but if you're doing that much damage you should be OK.

We had one person do phase I. But just be ready for the tenacity increase on the rancor, it was a lot more than I expected. If some of your members are using Teebo, and he has potency lower than like 70 I would say, he's not going to land many, and it's a lot harder to land slow. A lot of my members had this issue.

Then just make sure that your heavy hitters have people left over for phase four. Because you're going to start out really fast, and think we're going to smoke this thing, and then it slows down in the last phase.

Just remember to make an attack order, especially for your heaviest hitters. We used discord.

Good luck
  • Thanks for the feedback, guys. I know one or maybe two players should do the phase one with a TMR team, for sure we can do that, but the problem is that no one in the guild has a Teebo with a potency higher than 65%. So I guess TMR teams won't be useful in P2, P3 and P4. Can we deal with the rancor just with DPS? My Dengar is not ready and no one has a TMR team valid for those phases.
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I know one or maybe two players should do the phase one with a TMR team, for sure we can do that, but the problem is that no one in the guild has a Teebo with a potency higher than 65%. So I guess TMR teams won't be useful in P2, P3 and P4. Can we deal with the rancor just with DPS? My Dengar is not ready and no one has a TMR team valid for those phases.

Yes. You'll be surprised how easily you can clear phase one. You guys can probably do it with just two teams. Just as a reference we were not able to clear tier 6 rancor in one refreshed but easily cleared t7 rancor when we first tried.

Phase 2 and 3 has the door panel bonus and DPS in phase 4 should be fine. I say give it a go with good coordination and you'll be kicking yourselves for not starting it earlier...(hopefully)
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I know one or maybe two players should do the phase one with a TMR team, for sure we can do that, but the problem is that no one in the guild has a Teebo with a potency higher than 65%. So I guess TMR teams won't be useful in P2, P3 and P4. Can we deal with the rancor just with DPS? My Dengar is not ready and no one has a TMR team valid for those phases.

Yes. People should only send one squad each in p2, hit the door and then beat on the rancor. Same for p3. The heroic only has 2m health in each of those phases. A pretty basic phasma, rey, cad, lumi, 86 team (all at g8), for example, can drop 150k+ that way.
  • When I first joined my guild we struggled to complete t6 now we crush through heroic in under 2 hours. It's amazing to watch as everyone progresses together and how you can complete anything if you work together ( except for that @*#& AAT we have only finished one normal and are only halfway through a second one and we've been working for months on it). Congrats again on heroic it's a great feeling.
    First of all, congrats.

Thank you.

Have someone solo (or mostly solo) Phase 1. Then, let your weaker members hit 2-3. Stronger members and anyone with characters left hit P4.

We failed our first heroic. Once we adopted the strategy I mentioned, we completed every time. Now, we have to limit attacks to make sure everyone gets a shot at it.
  • Have someone solo (or mostly solo) Phase 1. Then, let your weaker members hit 2-3. Stronger members and anyone with characters left hit P4.

We failed our first heroic. Once we adopted the strategy I mentioned, we completed every time. Now, we have to limit attacks to make sure everyone gets a shot at it.

This is what we did as well. Very comfortably completed every T7 we've attempted even with initially only 2-3 members able to come close to soloing P1. Manage P1 carefully (1 at a time). When you get to P2 instruct people to go in with DPS squads (ie. droids) but only send in one squad. They leverage the door. This is also where the back half of your guild can contribute which is always helpful even if it's just a few percent here or there.

Have your biggest and best rosters hold off as much as possible until P4. Then just let 'em rip.

After a few raids you will likely be able to be more open about it. Its been about 2 months now and we now have ~10 guys who can come close to soloing P1 so we rotate 3 at a time to do P1. We announce when P1 is done and the rest takes care of itself. I'm a FTP since Nov.and have a better roster than a lot of newer whales and can do most of P1/P2 solo but a lot of days I don't have to do anything but 0 damages.

We could probably just open up P1 for everyone to do one squad but it requires too much coordination to find a time for everyone to go so for now we keep rotating. The rewards from top to bottom are so good nobody minds missing out on the top-3 too much.
  • Thanks guys. I already knew the basic strategy, and hearing you makes me feel more confident about our posibilities. One last thing, a month ago I helped a couple of guilds to finish their T7. I could only do around 10-12% with my whole roster (well, I've expanded and geared my heroes a lot since then) and the rancor hit so hard. Is it the same in P2 and P3? Does the rancor also hit three times per turn? Because if that's the case, I think we are not ready, since I have 25 characters at 7* and I have the third best roster of my guild.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    AsaPhelps wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I already knew the basic strategy, and hearing you makes me feel more confident about our posibilities. One last thing, a month ago I helped a couple of guilds to finish their T7. I could only do around 10-12% with my whole roster (well, I've expanded and geared my heroes a lot since then) and the rancor hit so hard. Is it the same in P2 and P3? Does the rancor also hit three times per turn? Because if that's the case, I think we are not ready, since I have 25 characters at 7* and I have the third best roster of my guild.

It has a percentage chance to attack an extra time but it doesn't attack three times every round. One thing I was shocked by though it that I put a +24% potency cross on Tarkin and threw him out there with Palpatine and some DPS in Phase four. Tarkin landed offense down 4 times in a row, and it made a huge difference. I had just thrown that party together and they did 200K in damage. Which doesn't seem like a lot but it was like 10% or more of phase4.

• You will be surprised how quick you will go from managing overlap to managing damage output so all your members can get on the reward list. For my guild it was the difference of like 4 or 5 heroics. Pretty soon you will be limiting how many teams are allowed to attack per member. Congrats and good job sticking with your guys.
    Thanks guys. I already knew the basic strategy, and hearing you makes me feel more confident about our posibilities. One last thing, a month ago I helped a couple of guilds to finish their T7. I could only do around 10-12% with my whole roster (well, I've expanded and geared my heroes a lot since then) and the rancor hit so hard. Is it the same in P2 and P3? Does the rancor also hit three times per turn? Because if that's the case, I think we are not ready, since I have 25 characters at 7* and I have the third best roster of my guild.

There's a chance for a 3rd attack. But the key in P2 and P3 is to knock the door down immediately and then beat the rancor down.