Crashes ruining game

Before you move this to the technical board, it's been deliberately put here for greater discussion and exposure.

The game is now so unstable on iOS it's ruining the whole game experience.

Used to just be in the ship arena but now it just crashes throughout.

Replies

• Which device? Which version of ios? Jailbroken? I play an alt account on an ipad4, ios10.whatever the latest is, not jailbroken, and i dont experience crashes at all
  • Any time I start a ships battle, I got pretty much a 50/50 chance of game crash. As a result, I don't care for ships. I only play to complete dailies, and I auto every battle. I'm fine avoiding ships, for the most part. Just wish there was another way to get the "zeta" parts. I kinda doubt I'll ever get any. I can't really play ships, so my ship arena rank is terrible. Thus I don't get much ship store currency. I'm just not seeing any way I'll ever be able to get zeta. Hopefully this is fixed.
  • Same here too... Ship Arena Battles are set for 8min... But with loading issues I am at 7min before I take a turn.

Then my app hangs for 15 seconds every other turn. As it is before I finish the fight I am at 2min or less most times. ANd that with only 1 reinforcement... **** will happen when you have 5 star chars with more hps, and reinforcements. Most likely I will never finish a fight.

Before I start a ship battle I to close and reopen the app. If I don't the game lag on the animation is to much. Or my app completely crashes. I know this is a memory protection issue. The game is trying to use to much memory. NOT everyone is using the latest device to play the game, or has access to T1 bandwidth while mobile.

I know someone worked hard on the animations. But can we please have a low graphics option. For the AAT raid as well please.
  • Glad to hear other people complaining about crashes, at the same time I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing crashes as well. I experience crashes quite often since the ATT raid was added. Now with the addition of ships I crash even more. I've had to resort to closing out the app before I even attempt a arena battle and a lot of times I still crash..just today I crashed in ship arena with only one target left to kill. I've contacted CS, they responded over a week later with things I could do but it's all stuff I knew and have done already.

I play on an iPad2. I've restored my iPad numerous times. I have plenty of space available over 10Gbs. My internet connection is very good and I always keep my device updated with the newest updates.

I'm sure a newer iPad would solve the problem but I shouldn't have to buy a new iPad to play a game I have been playing for a year now when I didn't experience any crashing or lag before.

I'm fairly certain the animations of the ATT raid and ship arena are too strong and is what's causing the problem. I've played many games before on PC and if I wanted a better, more stable game playing experience all I had to do was reduce the graphics settings and that would ALWAYS fix the lag and/or crashing problem. Sadly with playing on devices such as iPads this isn't an option.

I like many others like playing games that look and feel more realistic..but if animations and future updates cause lag and crashing problems for people like me then I see no point in continuing to play and support a game that is quickly becoming more of annoyance than it is fun.

If they reduced the animations I truly believe this would help but honestly I don't see them doing that.
    Fixing a problem that only a handful of people are experiencing doesn't seem like that would be on the devs high priority list.
  • The way you fix this problem is simple. Take your ios device and place it in the trash. Once complete, purchase an android device and experience a crash free game.
  • iOS 10 running on iPhone 6+ S; 0 issues
  • I am on android and having exactly the same issues as @JediMindTricks describes. In the raid and squad arena it is fairly stable, but fleet arena is a guaranteed crash if I haven't restarted the client just before the battle. If I do restart the client it is usually a 60-70% success rate to get through the battle without a crash.

I often get 'Google Play error - contact the developer' messages just before the crash as well (or before a period of major lag and slowing down of the app before a crash).
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Same here too... Ship Arena Battles are set for 8min... But with loading issues I am at 7min before I take a turn.

Then my app hangs for 15 seconds every other turn. As it is before I finish the fight I am at 2min or less most times. ANd that with only 1 reinforcement... **** will happen when you have 5 star chars with more hps, and reinforcements. Most likely I will never finish a fight.

Before I start a ship battle I to close and reopen the app. If I don't the game lag on the animation is to much. Or my app completely crashes. I know this is a memory protection issue. The game is trying to use to much memory. NOT everyone is using the latest device to play the game, or has access to T1 bandwidth while mobile.

I know someone worked hard on the animations. But can we please have a low graphics option. For the AAT raid as well please.

I didn't know it was set for eight... I thought it was said for 7:30. I guess my long loading causes that.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Just post it in game update thread and copy it here:
    I really cannot understand what is going on. They broke most common special ability - assistance and 5 days later it is still not fixed?!? New content, ships, causes whole application to crash and 5 days later it is not fixed ?!?
    Now I actually cannot play at all - my arena team is very strange and rare - Wiggs, STHan and QGJ - both rely on assistance. My shard is also very strange - full of RG - so my STHan taunts - RG stun it and I don't have assistance... I cannot play ships because of some Google Play error...
    But otherwise there is no problem - they know about it - have a bug..
    Unbelievable...
    Just a suggestion - CG never try to develop financial software..
  • It might just be 7:30...

Just finished a ship battle, every time there was a reinforcement it took 30 seconds...

Game ended in a draw. If not for the freezing would have won.

Switching to android might be an option. BUT, I can't I am linked through my game-center account. I sent messages asking how to access my account from other devices, but no response.

Right now I think I might save my GW tokens and Ship Tokens... In a month I will be able to upgrade a zeta ability, likely faster then If I tried to upgrade 8 ships to 5 star.
  • Zodfsx
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I just posted about this and then saw this thread. I agree 20% of squad battles eject the game and 70% ship battles are ejected. It's impossible to achieve rank that our teams are capable of, and this defeats the end game objective of being 1st in arenas. I used to have a better iPad when the game first started. And like someone else here said, we can't just all go out and buy new devices for a game to work. This is unfortunate. The team does great work, I just hope this can be improved somewhat because this is getting old, fast.
  • Same here. Game running very slow and choppy and LOTS of crashes. It's getting very annoying and hope it is worked on before anymore new content is pushed out. Nothing like finishing a battle and then the game crashes in transition to the rewards screen.
  • Adding my voice to this. Running kinda old--but not that old--Android Lollipop. Everything was fine until the fleet battles. Having the same Google Play error messages as above persons throughout the game, but crashes mainly in fleet.
  • guys lets put this to bed now. If your game isn't running smoothly its because your device isn't upto specification. so buy a newer device, stop playing or suffer constant crashes. Those are your options....
  • The way you fix this problem is simple. Take your ios device and place it in the trash. Once complete, purchase an android device and experience a crash free game.

I have the same problem and I use android device.. I lost a lot of places because of that.. I'm 80 and I could be a lot higher
  • I have a 30% crash rate while playing ship arena. Don't mind the crashes so much, but I lose an arena attempt on crash, which sometimes happens back to back.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • what can I say... we just can wait...
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    I have crashing issues on ios as well. I've learned long ago that for arena I reset the app before an arena fight all is good. However this doesn't work in ship arena. I lose 2 or 3 fights in ship arena due to crashes (back to 'desktop' of ipad) each day.
    On the fights that don't crash I draw as I can't complete the fight in the allotted time because it moves too slowly.
    Now, my ipad is quite old (getting a new one for Christmas) but hoping something can be done.
  • 18 out of 50 fleet arenas crashed for me. Most at the end of the battle but a few straight after it loads. I have a samsung galaxy, whether thats android or ios I have no idea. Also get the same error message beforehand. Have to auto them all to make them quicker as the longer they go the more chance of it crashing. Therefore I have no clue of what any ships do! Agree arena crashes around 20% of the time. Raid happens rarely but at least you don't lose your attempt. If you can download the game to your device & it's worked before you should not have to upgrade to keep playing. How could I afford a new phone when I spend all my money on crystals anyway?!
  • Yeah the crashes are getting old, but the game was ruined way before ships. Back it up to mods and tournaments. That is what ruined the game.
  • Same here. Game running very slow and choppy and LOTS of crashes. It's getting very annoying and hope it is worked on before anymore new content is pushed out. Nothing like finishing a battle and then the game crashes in transition to the rewards screen.

Still crashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Crashes are also ruining it for me too on android. It was fine before I upgraded to nougat (X Performance) now 90% of battles I start crash the game, wasting battles in arena and cant get over some battles on my alt.