Any viable arena teams that don't require Wiggs?

Prev134
I have purposely not farmed Wedge for the reason that I don't want to be another person contributing to a one-team meta. What are some other arena teams that can break top 20 that don't require Wiggs?
Right now I use EP(L), RG, StHan, Lando, QGJ and cant break top 50. Help!!

Replies

• I place in the top 10 with:
    Palpatine
    Vader
    RG
    Sun fac
    Tie pilot
  • I place in the top 10 with:
    Palpatine
    Vader
    RG
    Sun fac
    Tie pilot

I really like that team. Im working on Vader and Sun fac now. My Tie pilot is g10 but only 5* at the moment.
  • FwT7OZq.jpg

I've had great success with this team being able to handle teams of all types
  • you could also switch lando to lead...that should get your lando and sthan to go 'first'
  • EP team is the other one team meta. You're in a trap.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    FwT7OZq.jpg

That's a team close to what I am hoping to run. Just substitute Boba with Anakin or Lando because my Boba is not developed enough.

Almost done with Tie-Fighter Pilot and Shoretrooper to run that team.
  • Try this:

Rex (L) = Fastest mods you have, use Squad Discipline first
    EP
    Lando
    Shore
    B2

That team can deal with just about anything.

Rex counters EP, droids/AOE, Wiggs opening shot on Shore feeds TM to the whole team.

Shore counters fast Wiggs OHKO and adds crit immunity.

B2 counters Rex and Shore.

Finally, EP controls the battle, adds DPS, while Lando decimates the enemy team.

Served me well for many weeks.
    FwT7OZq.jpg

I like that team. Im 5 shards from unlocking shore lol
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Try this:

Rex (L) = Fastest mods you have, use Squad Discipline first
    EP
    Lando
    Shore
    B2

That team can deal with just about anything.

Rex counters EP, droids/AOE, Wiggs opening shot on Shore feeds TM to the whole team.

Shore counters fast Wiggs OHKO and adds crit immunity.

B2 counters Rex and Shore.

Finally, EP controls the battle, adds DPS, while Lando decimates the enemy team.

Served me well for many weeks.

Noted, my rex is at 5 stars. Wish Shore showed up in fleet shipments lol
    FwT7OZq.jpg

Dude you mise well buy 10$ in crystals and buy one of those rouge one packs for shore shards
  • EP SF JKA RG Vader
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I won't really suggest teams but there are many good toons that can makeup the team of your shoe and can hang in a wiggs run arena

EP
    Shoretrooper
    Phasma
    OB
    Tie pilot
    B2
    All droids
    Lando
    Anakin
    Aayla
    Leia
    Boba
    Vader
    AA
    Qgj
    Yoda
    Rex
    5s

I'm sure there are more but I bet you have some of these and around a good lvl and gear to make a solid team
  • Rex L w a lot of speed
    JKA
    Lando
    Five's
    Sun Fac

First every day. I can't remember the last time I couldn't beat a Wiggs team.

Totally F2P team now that ship shipments have Rex and SF too.

• Another option is Ugnaught. Just... Ugnaught. He's a one man team that both Rambo and Chuck Norris envy.
  • Wiggs isn't even really meta anymore. Boba, TFP, EP, Maul. Baze, Chirrut, Kenobi, B2, Shore, JKA, SF, Rex. Make a combo of these toons that works well and you can destroy Wiggs teams with absolute ease.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Wiggs will keep you in the 10-40 range depending on your shard. To stay in the top 10 you have to get the latest P2W squads
  • I've been running emp lead, vader, TFP, shoretrooper, then I swap b2 for sth RG anikin whatever I need.It's solid fun and I was bored of using wiggs, but I'll say this TFP is great, mine has 278 speed always goes first BUT he's not tier one, he might be with crit mods, I get to much red damage with him, plus his ability block is useless in this meta do too auto tanks and if you use his AOE it procs there b2 and he wipes your taunt. Vader is fun he's almost tier 1, crazy hp hardest hitting move in the game and ability block I really like him and if there's 1 spot to fill he's the guy under emp. Once my vader was deep in the red against baze full hp half protection and my vader won! The problem is anyone running chaze or Rex just tenacity ups wipes my debuffs and its over. Sometimes I can lock chaze sometimes I cant, Im still top 3 all day but it feels like I need not even good Rng just even Rng to win. Top Meta is wiggs chaze and b2(or sunfac or really whoever) my plan is too hoard gear keep top 3 daily and wait for the rogue one empire toons with 5 abilties and synergies too get released!
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    FwT7OZq.jpg

Dude you mise well buy 10$ in crystals and buy one of those rouge one packs for shore shards

I will lol
  • Rex L w a lot of speed
    JKA
    Lando
    Five's
    Sun Fac

First every day. I can't remember the last time I couldn't beat a Wiggs team.

Totally F2P team now that ship shipments have Rex and SF too.

That's a solid team
  • Echo_Base
    185 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Sure. I get 1 or 2 daily (trade payouts with another guy) using this:

Rex(l)
    Palp
    JKA
    B2
    Shore(5*)

It handles Wiggs like a champ. Granted it has some chars that may be difficult to get, but it answers your question.
  • There's lots of viable teams but all require P2P toons or very hard to get ones. Some are "farmable" now through ship shipments but are extremely slow farms.

Other than that it's droid/rebel.
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    Wiggs will keep you in the 10-40 range depending on your shard. To stay in the top 10 you have to get the latest P2W squads

I'm on a November shard and run Palp (L) + RG + Vader + Shoretrooper (4* G10) and QGJ. Finished 5 at payout the last 2 days.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Echo_Base wrote: »
    Sure. I get 1 or 2 daily (trade payouts with another guy) using this:

Rex(l)
    Palp
    JKA
    B2
    Shore(5*)

It handles Wiggs like a champ. Granted it has some chars that may be difficult to get, but it answers your question.

Im not f2p so I appreciate you not holding back on the difficult toons lol.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    stumpoman wrote: »
    Wiggs will keep you in the 10-40 range depending on your shard. To stay in the top 10 you have to get the latest P2W squads

I'm on a November shard and run Palp (L) + RG + Vader + Shoretrooper (4* G10) and QGJ. Finished 5 at payout the last 2 days.

Wow really? That's impressive, no offense but it sounds like such a basic team. That's cool that you can place so high with it.
  • I have purposely not farmed Wedge for the reason that I don't want to be another person contributing to a one-team meta. What are some other arena teams that can break top 20 that don't require Wiggs?
    Right now I use EP(L), RG, StHan, Lando, QGJ and cant break top 50. Help!!

I see no reason you can't get into the top 50. I occasionally get top 50 payouts, and I run a very low tier team. You should be fine with what you have.
  • Rockknawesome
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I feel like I started playing like a week after emperors demise ran therefore no palpatine for me. Wiggs is prominent on my shard (Late August early September) 2 guys that are top 5 without wiggs 1runs droids, the other:

Rex (l)
    Aayla
    Sun Fac
    Lando
    5s

I usually am top 5 with Wiggs, Baze, QGJ, then either STH, Lando, or Lumi
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Wiggs teams are still prevalent, but it's not really meta anymore. With all the new shards out there, there really isn't "A" meta team anymore tbh.

P.S. I stopped using Wiggs a while back and now I use:
    Rex (L)
    5555's
    BF
    SF
    Baze

Another group that works well:
    EP (L)
    Shore
    TFP
    BF
    EE (or sub out for RG)
  • Droid squad
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

2 totally different team comps that never dropped out of top 10 on a Nov. shard and have no Wiggs or any other rebel scum.
  • Apoc88
    259 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I was trying for a long time to build a non Wiggs team. Until I thought I'd just test out my 5* Wedge just to see what he can do. And he was immediately put into my team lol. Top50 player in a Feb shard. I do think there's more diversity now with the new toons but it's too early and I'm not seeing any in my shard besides Shore. Wiggs dominates and that's about it at the top.