Should I cease levelling up for GW?

Zen
126 posts Member
I'm level 58 currently and aside from today i have been getting 400 gw gems with difficulty a day my team is
5 star sid
5 chewy
4 fives
4jawa
4jc
4poe
4Talia
4phasma
Rotated depends on opponent. Now, I know I'm short on healers but should I cease levelling and finishing daily activities to strengthen with gear/shards? Btw, my opponents are level 60+ monsters with 7 stars on nearly all characters after I get about halfway through.

Replies

• Nobody knows exactly how GW matchmaking works, so if you're asking if stopping training and concentrating on gears are going to give you better results, all you'll get is guesswork.

Apart from the above, you seem to have rushed to 58. You'll need healers, all you can get, to consistently clear GW. So farm them and I would hold up training Chewy etc until you really need to for clearing campaigns and such.

Build a roster 1st, then work on gearing them up past 4. It's gonna be a grind either way, but if you have a roster of different toons, you'd at least have some choices in your squad compositions. The alternative would be a few powerful toons which you wouldn't want to use when you're higher.
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Cheers, yeah I'm almost done collecting luim. It looks a little scattered but I'm not rushed gear wise however all but Poe and jawa have purple gear and cannot be upgraded gear wise further without levelling up. I think my shard collection and lack of planning let me down in that regard. I'm still unsure of what my best team is but I'm in and around 17500 strength with most compositions I choose.
    But yeah, in GW, healers are my problem I think. I did well today because I didn't come up against dooku(for once) the damage kills me I usually win the first difficult battle but with low hp as they seem to target my healers.
  • Regarding your future teams, as the game stands, Talia, Chewy, JC and Jawa are definitely out. Lumi is the only healer you'll need at higher levels. Top guys in my server don't ever use any healers at all, it's all max damage as of now.

I suggest you don't invest too much on the 4, though JC comes in handy for GW. At higher levels, he's quite good.
  • Your level doesn't matter. I'm 48 and some days like today I faced a 62 with 7* chromiums in all purple gear on match 7. GW has zero balance and for the most part the opponents they throw at you on a daily basis vary so wildly I have no idea what they may be thinking. I lost 18 guys getting past that team and can't continue. Tomorrow all the teams will most likely be a breeze. I hate losing GW currency from the game generating a team that has no business competing against someone close to my level. I could have spent 10k on the game and not beat that team simply because I'm not high enough level to have gear on par with them.

Consistency is my biggest issue with this game.
  • You'll also want to also focus on some high damage guys since the devs have decided max damage is the be-all, end-all of this app.

• Zen
    126 posts Member
    Cheers for the responses guys, definitely feedback I'll be taking on board.
  • I had a hard time with GW until I was around 50 ... since then, I beat it every day, most of the time with not a single char dying. But since I'm around 60 I mostly get far lower opponents than myself ... no idea if that's luck or intended though ...

I run:
    Phasma (leader)
    1st-O TIE-Pilot
    Kylo Ren
    Luminara
    Daka

as first team, with Jedi Consular as healing-backup and Sidious as dmg-backup (and plenty more if the need really arises).