Inglorious Blasters 100% f2p guild (posibly the first) just completed heroic AAT

Prev1
Hello we are the Inglorious Blasters.
We are a 100% free to play guild and we have just completed a heroic AAT.
We have always been a home for the F2P. Where people compete with skill and not with their wallet.
We have done it the right way. We didn't boot a single member because their roster wasn't full of 7*. We didn't go head hunting for big rosters on the forums.
We stuck together in a time where this raid has destroyed guilds. We put our boots on, farmed the toons and gear we needed and did it the Blaster way.
Let me tell you It feels great. We have the best members in the Swgoh galaxy. And my officers are top notch and go way above and beyond.
So watch out Krakens, Whales and Dolphins. You have no advantage over the 100% free to play Inglorious Blasters and we are coming for you.

Replies

• Congrats and well done!
  • BLASTERS!
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    edited December 2016
  • Nice job, but it's about time to stop these backended insult-self congratulatory posts. Want to be happy for your accomplishment, great, but don't take away from anyone else's just because they did it a different way.

• Nice job, but it's about time to stop these backended insult-self congratulatory posts. Want to be happy for your accomplishment, great, but don't take away from anyone else's just because they did it a different way.

Anyone feeling this takes away from their accomplishments must be holding some self doubt. All our leader said was that we did it without spending $$$ and that it was fun.

Go blasters!
  • How is being free to play the right way? If everyone was playing the "right way" the devs wouldn't get payed and the game would cease to exist.
  • WildMango wrote: »
    How is being free to play the right way? If everyone was playing the "right way" the devs wouldn't get payed and the game would cease to exist.

Yeah pretty much. I'm f2p but without spenders there is no game to play
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    WildMango wrote: »
    How is being free to play the right way? If everyone was playing the "right way" the devs wouldn't get payed and the game would cease to exist.

The right way has nothing to do with money. It's about not booting lessor members and stealing stronger members from other guilds. It's about growing your own and sticking together. @WildMango only mentioned f2p due to the fact that we might be the first one
  • Fair enough. Just don't put down the pay to play players. They keep the hard working devs payed and allow everyone else to enjoy this great game.
  • gamerdom wrote: »
    Nice job, but it's about time to stop these backended insult-self congratulatory posts. Want to be happy for your accomplishment, great, but don't take away from anyone else's just because they did it a different way.

Anyone feeling this takes away from their accomplishments must be holding some self doubt. All our leader said was that we did it without spending $$$ and that it was fun.

Go blasters!

He said a lot more than that. You know it and he knows it.
    We have done it the right way. We didn't boot a single member because their roster wasn't full of 7*. We didn't go head hunting for big rosters on the forums
  • BLASTERS REPRESENT
  • godgiven45 wrote: »
    WildMango wrote: »

The right way has nothing to do with money. It's about not booting lessor members and stealing stronger members from other guilds. It's about growing your own and sticking together. @WildMango only mentioned f2p due to the fact that we might be the first one

Then you better edit your op.
    Where people compete with skill and not with their wallet.
    We have done it the right way.
  • Haters (payers) gonna hate
  • @1AmYourFath3r yeah I think it's terrible to see what this raid has done to a lot of guilds. I have seen numerous guilds fold due to the formation of theservice super guilds. It's not just the smaller guilds either. Some of the bigger "franchises" have had lots of problems as well
  • @Oda_Kosan_Awa no you need an English lessons those are 2 different paragraphs and therefore 2 different separate thoughts
  • Some selective quoting there :D
  • godgiven45 wrote: »
    @Oda_Kosan_Awa no you need an English lessons those are 2 different paragraphs and therefore 2 different separate thoughts

Maybe I learnt English from a different source than yours, but those doesn't look like paragraphs. It just looks like separate sentences.
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Much anger I sense in here

• What'do be more helpful is a 'how' you did it; atleast the p2p teams help other te
    ams by giving advice and sharing insights rather than just blowing their own trumpets
  • Hopefully this post will inspire other free-to-play guilds to work toward completing the heroic raid. It can be done.
  • @Progen1tor Don't hate, man. If you've got a question, let us know. We'll see if we can help you.
  • Well done all!
  • @Akiraine really that's wierd. Sentences end in punctuation and followed by a space. Paragraphs you hit the return key. You guys are something else. Their is a huge space between the paragraphs. Obviously you are just going to bend it around to say whatever you want.

Let me be clear. We are proud of ourselves for being f2p and playing the game on a comparable level with spenders.
    We are also proud of ourselves for doing it the right way by not booting those with less than awesome rosters, by not sniping other guilds heavy hitters, by sticking together learning from each other and realizing a goal without compromising our standards.
    So stop mincing words and read it for what it is. Really didn't think we would be hated on for doing a bit of bragging. But we worked hard and deserve to say what we think
  • Err. How do you know your players are F2P?
    I mean, you can see difference between whale and non whale. But you'll never know if the person uses 30-50 k gems
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    @Akiraine really that's wierd. Sentences end in punctuation and followed by a space. Paragraphs you hit the return key. You guys are something else. Their is a huge space between the paragraphs. Obviously you are just going to bend it around to say whatever you want.

Let me be clear. We are proud of ourselves for being f2p and playing the game on a comparable level with spenders.
    We are also proud of ourselves for doing it the right way by not booting those with less than awesome rosters, by not sniping other guilds heavy hitters, by sticking together learning from each other and realizing a goal without compromising our standards.
    So stop mincing words and read it for what it is. Really didn't think we would be hated on for doing a bit of bragging. But we worked hard and deserve to say what we think

It's one thing to brag - it's another to devalue another's achievement because the way they did it doesn't align with your idea is right and wrong.

You did it, that's great! And I congratulate you, but you didn't do it "the right way". You did it your way.

There's far to many passive aggressive self congratulatory posts. Just be happy for what you've done and leave it at that. They leave a bad taste in the forum, and are unnecessary.
  • Awesome. Really awesome.

I just hope this will reduce the number of "Nerf the tank raid posts," so we can all get back to asking when the what "extremely rare" means with respect to the Emporer's Demise event.
  • @Dyakoff - most of the guild has been together from the start so we know where everyone started out. And put it this way - if we do have spenders then they are really really bad at spending that money as they have no more toons and resources than what a serious FTP playing for a year or more would have!

Seriously, we appreciate the spend by other players as it allows us to play the game, but we do also get a sense of satisfaction by being competitive in the raids and in arena without spending. This game needs both P2P and F2P and it is great that both types of player can be successful at the top level - very few freemium games allow that to happen.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Congrats on the take down! Now stop patting yourself on the backs and get right back at it!! Lots of rewards left to win!
  • Congrats! My guild is a mix of P2P and F2P, and it's no big deal to be either one. To finish this raid, you need everyone working together, regardless of how much you've paid.