Any viable arena teams that don't require Wiggs?

Replies

• i place Top 10 daily with:

EP (l.)
    TIE
    SF
    Lando (or GeoSpy if enemy has RG or Chirrut )
    STH
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    No offense, but your squad synergy seems kinda crappy. I'd replace that EP fast.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    FwT7OZq.jpg

I've had great success with this team being able to handle teams of all types

That's the same team I've been working on, should have them all to gear 10 by next week. Are yours g10 or are they all maxed out?
  • Wiggs are one of the easiest to defeat. I can auto the wiggs arena fight if I even see any nowadays
    I get 1 daily at payout with palp Vader rg b2 shore. All g11
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    FwT7OZq.jpg

I've had great success with this team being able to handle teams of all types

That's the same team I've been working on, should have them all to gear 10 by next week. Are yours g10 or are they all maxed out?

All are maxed gear and the team is fun and does great let me know how you like it
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    Wiggs are one of the easiest to defeat. I can auto the wiggs arena fight if I even see any nowadays

That's a decent squad, but EP, Vader + RG alone isn't enough. The truth is, Vader is underpowered and is a waste of space on an EP squad (or any squad) in my opinion.
  • Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Olga wrote: »
    Wiggs are one of the easiest to defeat. I can auto the wiggs arena fight if I even see any nowadays

That's a decent squad, but EP, Vader + RG alone isn't enough. The truth is, Vader is underpowered and is a waste of space on an EP squad (or any squad) in my opinion.

Oh no. Vader blades at over 40k with a crit. He can one shoot almost any toon. My Vader is over 10k power

• Olga wrote: »

I think your right about that, Boba fett can do pretty much everything Vader does, but a lot better
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member

Oh no. Vader blades at over 40k with a crit. He can one shoot almost any toon. My Vader is over 10k power

Cool, Rey would still do better without synergies.
  • Optimus11 wrote: »

Try Autoing Wiggs, Chaze GK and then come back and say its one of the easiest to defeat.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Rex Aalya Boba Baze Fac
    Rex Aalya TFP Baze Fac
    Rex TFP Palpy Baze Shore
    Palpy TFP Shore Baze Boba

The first two are exceptionally strong on defence. The third and fourth are fun to play. The fourth is probably the most hit and miss, depends if you get the block on a fast Han. Geared right all will get you to the top of the shard and eat Wiggs for breakfast.

Xio
  • escorpion8888
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    EP lead, Shoretrooper, B2, Vader, Tie pilot or Jka. Get first everyday on Dec 2015 shard and hardly ever drop from top 5

Rey doesn't cut it in arena anywhere past rank 50. She's too squishy. At least Vader will survive long enough to use culling blade.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

On her opening turn? Lol. Not to mention she's as tanky as her stick. Vader can take shots and keep going.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »

On her opening turn? Lol. Not to mention she's as tanky as her stick. Vader can take shots and keep going.

My 70k health Vader agrees
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    I run Rex/sun fac/aayla/fives/anakin.
    Any rebel team is a cake walk for me. I dare you to try to use an aoe against me.
  • Same as Jetlife for the last few months without any issues gunning for 1st.
  • Here is the team I use. Cashed out top 10 and gotten as high as 2 with it. Also... Completely f2p

Lando (L)
    StH
    Jk Anikan
    Phasma
    Qgj

Its about speed
  • EP, Vader, RG, StHan, JKA
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Like tank means anything these days. Tanky Vader gonna take down my squad? not likely. Vader is crap get over it.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'd take a g10 Old Daka over g10 Vader any day.
    On that note EE or Teebo. Vader sucks.
    In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and say Teebo lead is stronger than EP lead.
    I'd take a g10 Old Daka over g10 Vader any day.
    On that note EE or Teebo. Vader sucks.
    In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and say Teebo lead is stronger than EP lead.

Lol, are we talking arena or the rancor.
  • Lando RG STH ST and QGJ does it for me. So does Lando RG STH Yoda QGJ. There's droids and empire teams too.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member

Rey doesn't cut it in arena anywhere past rank 50. She's too squishy. At least Vader will survive long enough to use culling blade.
    So you're gonna keep him in your squad, just for the blade? Did you forget Rey gets a deflection buff?

• Vader>Rey

Much more utility and survive ability.

• xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Vader>Rey

While true this doesn't mean much. Rey is pretty much useless in arena now unless zeta abilities say other wise
  • Vader>Rey

Olddumper wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Vader>Rey

While true this doesn't mean much. Rey is pretty much useless in arena now unless zeta abilities say other wise

Just like this game does so often they will release zeta to shake up the meta... content will run thin they will introduce more zeta to reshape meta again and so fourth
  • With Anakin (L), Ahsoka, Aayla, QGJ and B2 you can stay rank 1 everyday.
  • With Anakin (L), Ahsoka, Aayla, QGJ and B2 you can stay rank 1 everyday.

Sorry, but that sounds awful and theres no way you can get 1 everyday with that unless you're below lvl 80 and you have an insanely f2p populated server.