Inglorious Blasters 100% f2p guild (posibly the first) just completed heroic AAT

2Next

Replies

• nice i think you struck a chord with the "sensitive" crowd lol its amusing how people try to tell you what you can and cant post congrats and keep going
  • I think its great that you completed a heroic AAT. Congrats, but there is an odd culture here in this forums with the humble brag of being free to play players. Personally if I had been enjoying something someone made with hard work for a year and didn't give back to support those hard working people not to be competitive but just as a thank you I would be ashamed.
  • Lol I would have done the ewok wwf thing but it was IOS only haha. I don't feel that I have to spend money on a "free" game. It says free right in the app store. Not going to feel guilty for not spending money on a free game that feeds on addiction. I can be patient and get the same stuff as the spenders. I don't have anything against the ones who spend. I do like doing a little smack talk. I like the competition. I especially like that the spenders test everything out so that the F2P can make better decisions with with our limited resources. Am I jealous of some of these whales rosters? Of course I am but I also get great pleasure out of getting #1 everyday in arena on a December shard. I like being able to complete a raid that is designed for way deeper rosters than what we have and yeah I came to the forum to brag and talk a little smack. Also came to give my guild props and pride.
    Out of all the differences between spenders and non spenders we should be able to agree that in the rush and greed to do heroic tank raids and to get the almighty GK shards lots of good fun guilds have been destroyed. So my point is with hard work you can stick together and grind it out. Super guilds have messed up a good number of guilds
  • OrigamiCrane
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Then you better edit your op.

Is reading such a difficult skill?
    We have done it the right way. We didn't boot a single member because their roster wasn't full of 7*. We didn't go head hunting for big rosters on the forums.

• WildMango
    151 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @godgiven45 fair enough. Do you want to share some tips on how non super guilds such as mine can complete a heroic AAT? Did you guys use the "super team" method mentioned here in the forums in a recent thread?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    Out of all the differences between spenders and non spenders we should be able to agree that in the rush and greed to do heroic tank raids and to get the almighty GK shards lots of good fun guilds have been destroyed. So my point is with hard work you can stick together and grind it out. Super guilds have messed up a good number of guilds

I would agree with this. I think some guilds have poached some very good (or at least big spending) players in the last month or so. I would caution to say that some of those "super" guilds were already super or didn't actively poach. So be careful if you want to sling mud. I'm glad you haven't called anyone out yet.

Congrats on having your guild work to beat this raid. I can only hope other guilds look to yours as an example of how easy it actually is to not complain about it and just figure out how to get it done. If history is any indication, I'm thinking the complaining will not stop.
  • @WildMango yes you got it. Nothing special. Just using the right teams on the the right phases. Lots of mod movement and retreating. No super secret strategy just refusing to settle for bad runs.
  • @sying I wouldn't call anyone out. Not even saying that anyone actually did anything wrong. I just keep hearing about big guilds separating or dispanding all together. I've read lots of posts from smaller guilds that had long time members poached as well. I think somewhere loyalty should be appreciated
  • A proud day to be a Blaster!
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    You saying what you said is like me saying...

Bad example: "Congratulations even though your a lucky bunch of leach players who some how managed to pull off the heist of the century and stay together."

See how this looks better

Good example: "Congats for beating the raid with zero resources and staying together."

But your back handed comments are not necessary. So what if you never pulled a player on forums. Better ways to say you beat it without resources too.

Example: "Hi I am so proud of our guild. We all made a pact to stay F2P and still beat ATT as goal. Never thought we had a chance, but we did it! I am so excited! Everybody stuck around and worked hard. Thanks guys!"

Regardless I see through it all.

I think your feat is a very great accomplishment and so congratulations Blasters!

One question. How can you be certain nobody ever spent a dime?
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    1. Gratz guys. Awesome job. That's cool you did it and must have taken a lot of dedicated raid toon farming to do it.

2. I am also very jealous and salty since my guild just failed to beat it and now we all pretty much hate the game and the way it was designed so I'll take it out on you guys because, why not?. So I don't believe you and pics or didn't happen ;)
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    godgiven45 wrote: »

Showoff! :)
    Gratz on 1st!
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    1. Gratz guys. Awesome job. That's cool you did it and must have taken a lot of dedicated raid toon farming to do it.

2. I am also very jealous and salty since my guild just failed to beat it and now we all pretty much hate the game and the way it was designed so I'll take it out on you guys because, why not?. So I don't believe you and pics or didn't happen ;)

How close were you guys?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Whales will always overshadow your accomplishments! Why?! Because without us you'd not have this game. We help you get to where you are. It's that simple.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @SnakesOnAPlane thank you. I really appreciate everything you have done for us :D
  • @1AmYourFath3r we crushed phase 1. But phase 2 was not easy to get past since not enough droid teams so we had to use some wiggs teams. And only like 15 of us had chirpatine for phase 3 and that's where we failed. Those droids are just way too fast to play against without extremely fast mods of your own. We made it phase 4 but no not enough teams left to beat it.

On a side note: Changing peoples best/fastest mods around for this thing is way too expensive. And can't be done without that since "we have to choose between cantina toons or mods"

So my stance is the still the same; by far worst game mode I've seen in 20 years of gaming (besides maybe Doom 2 over a 14.3k modem ;) )
    @1AmYourFath3r we crushed phase 1. But phase 2 was not easy to get past since not enough droid teams so we had to use some wiggs teams. And only like 15 of us had chirpatine for phase 3 and that's where we failed. Those droids are just way too fast to play against without extremely fast mods of your own. We made it phase 4 but no not enough teams left to beat it.

On a side note: Changing peoples best/fastest mods around for this thing is way too expensive. And can't be done without that since "we have to choose between cantina toons or mods"

So my stance is the still the same; by far worst game mode I've seen in 20 years of gaming (besides maybe Doom 2 over a 14.3k modem ;) )

15 Chirpa/EP teams is more than enough for phase 3.

Have them keep retreating until they hit 1m or so.
    @1AmYourFath3r we crushed phase 1. But phase 2 was not easy to get past since not enough droid teams so we had to use some wiggs teams. And only like 15 of us had chirpatine for phase 3 and that's where we failed. Those droids are just way too fast to play against without extremely fast mods of your own. We made it phase 4 but no not enough teams left to beat it.

I think p3 is where we'll fall short if anywhere too. I think we're going to try it again shortly, but aside from my rebels, I'm not quite ready with droids, Jawas, and definitely not Chirpantine.

At least there's ships to keep us distracted from everything for fifteen minutes a day :#

Mods ban this guy.

There cant be any bad words said about the masterpiece that was Doom 2

FWIW play brutal doom. Those HD graphics make it awesome
  • godgiven45 wrote: »
    @SnakesOnAPlane thank you. I really appreciate everything you have done for us :D

I'm honored for the sincere praise. Thank you kindly. :*
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • OrigamiCrane
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    warmonkey wrote: »
    phase 2 was not easy to get past since not enough droid teams so we had to use some wiggs teams. And only like 15 of us had chirpatine for phase 3 and that's where we failed. Those droids are just way too fast to play against without extremely fast mods of your own. We made it phase 4 but no not enough teams left to beat it.
    )

rkUQ6Wg.jpg

It's on normal though

Mods ban this guy.

There cant be any bad words said about the masterpiece that was Doom 2

FWIW play brutal doom. Those HD graphics make it awesome

Except shooting off the BFG while playing multi-player over a 14.4k connection. That is more painful than the animations in the tank raid.
  • So not a single o e of ur members every put one dollar into the game. Didnt have a single person buy u a gift card.... highly doubtful that ur entire guild is 100% F2P.

And there is no way to prove it lol.

Hate all these peeps that say their F2p cause they only spent 20 bucks or what not lol

Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Does it really matter if they're 100% F2P or not?

OP, good for you. Congratulations!

P. S. Doesn't hurt not to diss others. If you really think your achievement is worth it, you wouldn't need to add anything negative. It's a game, to be played as the gamers want to.
  • Gratz. Welcome to the club