I currently need 1,135 cuff salvage pieces

At least that's my best count anyway, tough to tell exactly because several characters need multiple sets... so honestly it is probably higher.

"Resource management" they say.

Replies

• Djbz
    251 posts Member
    You can buy them in the fleet shipments now.
    5 pieces for 600 tokens.
    So they have made them easier to get (would prefer them to be available in challenges but it's better than nothing)
  • Fleet currency is basically the most valuable currency in the game now other than crystals, spending 600 on 5 salvage pieces of level 70 gear seems like poor resource management.

They need to be in a top tier challenge instead of the multiple gear pieces that we all have 1000s of.
  • Tough luck
  • Maybe something useful could be added to the TAC gear challenge.
  • you don't have to gear up all your toons, no point if you don't want to spend real $ into the game.

Or you can, as whales do:)

This is a grinding game, resource management is the key.
  • Pretty much most people need somewhere around that number. :smile:
  • Djbz wrote: »
    5 pieces for 600 tokens.
    So they have made them easier to get (would prefer them to be available in challenges but it's better than nothing)

5 pieces for 600 fleet tokens is an absolute rip off.
    You can get previously p2p character shards in there for 80 fleet tokens per shard (5 for 400). and those character shards still sell for 4 for 320 crystals which is 1 shard which is 80 crystals per shard. That's the same ratio.
    You can buy full crafted stun cuffs (all 50 of em) for 1400 crystals which is 28 crystals per stun cuff salvage. Compare that to the 1 salvage per 120 fleet tokens and the ratio is inflated by over a factor of 4. Seems like ea can't math. That's far too high of a cost for some gear that is so absurdly commonly needed by characters.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    If you are F2P, you should have different expectations when you hit a progression barrier.

It's only $10 bucks for a fully crafted stun cuff if you are that annoyed trying to farm them, and you don't need to gear up the toons that are useless.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    If you are F2P, you should have different expectations when you hit a progression barrier.

It's only $10 bucks for a fully crafted stun cuff if you are that annoyed trying to farm them, and you don't need to gear up the toons that are useless.

I need this many and I've bought more than I can count already. Probably 10 or so.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Djbz wrote: »
    5 pieces for 600 tokens.

5 pieces for 600 fleet tokens is an absolute rip off.
    You can get previously p2p character shards in there for 80 fleet tokens per shard (5 for 400). and those character shards still sell for 4 for 320 crystals which is 1 shard which is 80 crystals per shard. That's the same ratio.
    You can buy full crafted stun cuffs (all 50 of em) for 1400 crystals which is 28 crystals per stun cuff salvage. Compare that to the 1 salvage per 120 fleet tokens and the ratio is inflated by over a factor of 4. Seems like ea can't math. That's far too high of a cost for some gear that is so absurdly commonly needed by characters.

The game isn't and shouldn't be about value between choices, it is and should be about choices. You get to chose between gearing toons you are focusing or getting new toon shards you want.

The gear wall is annoying, I'm facing it big time like everyone else but they finally gave a route to obtaining them free at a reasonable rate. Having to give up the chance at getting toons shards you also want, which are now available to you free as well when they weren't before, isn't a valid complaint.

You could look at inversely, Rex, SF and others are too cheap now and should have their ship token costs increased to reflect the crystal cost of other toons and gear.