Any viable arena teams that don't require Wiggs?

Replies

• Olga wrote: »
    I'd take a g10 Old Daka over g10 Vader any day.
    On that note EE or Teebo. Vader sucks.
    In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and say Teebo lead is stronger than EP lead.

Ok, now I think you're trolling.
  • With Anakin (L), Ahsoka, Aayla, QGJ and B2 you can stay rank 1 everyday.

Sorry, but that sounds awful and theres no way you can get 1 everyday with that unless you're below lvl 80 and you have an insanely f2p populated server.

Well, I'm lvl 85 on a december server with a lot of whales and I can beat any team there (Of course I lose sometimes, but it's normal, right?). A guy locks me everyday from rank 1 in the last minutes so I stay rank 2, despite of I can beat his team. Anyway this team can make you rank 1.
  • Droids...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Droids...

Can't believe you're the first one to say it lol

Sorry, but that sounds awful and theres no way you can get 1 everyday with that unless you're below lvl 80 and you have an insanely f2p populated server.

Well, I'm lvl 85 on a december server with a lot of whales and I can beat any team there (Of course I lose sometimes, but it's normal, right?). A guy locks me everyday from rank 1 in the last minutes so I stay rank 2, despite of I can beat his team. Anyway this team can make you rank 1.

I use this lineup but I use scarif instead of B2. It does really good against wiggs teams unless they also run a fast palpatine, and it does well against droids and rex leads. I fought my way up to number 1, but I do drop a lot because I get targeted but it's fun to play and good for a consistent top 30 finish (even though my payday's at 2 am...).
  • Akiraine wrote: »
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    Wiggs are one of the easiest to defeat. I can auto the wiggs arena fight if I even see any nowadays
    I get 1 daily at payout with palp Vader rg b2 shore. All g11

Try Autoing Wiggs, Chaze GK and then come back and say its one of the easiest to defeat.

I mentioned earlier I'm taking about meta teams. Clearly baze and GK are not meta (yet)
    In case it's not clear , I'm talking about all kinds of popular combinations such as lando sthan ani etc with wiggs such as the OP mentioned

My team can defeat any (AI) team , on offense. I've beaten chaze before, wasn't easy. Have yet to encounter GK
  • Olga wrote: »

You can say it. You'd be wrong, but you can say it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ditto on droids. I Rank 1 daily but am on a Feb server. Didn't see anyone detail the team list so here you go:

HK lead
    Jawa Engineer
    B2

Key here is to make sure your Engineer is fast enough to go first. Need to keep his speed higher than other droid teams in your neighborhood.

If you can't hit #1with this you should still be able to top ten. Needs high gear level and good mods

Good luck

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »

Rey is better than Vader
    Wiggs are one of the easiest to defeat. I can auto the wiggs arena fight if I even see any nowadays

That's a decent squad, but EP, Vader + RG alone isn't enough. The truth is, Vader is underpowered and is a waste of space on an EP squad (or any squad) in my opinion.

Oh no. Vader blades at over 40k with a crit. He can one shoot almost any toon. My Vader is over 10k power

Cool, Rey would still do better without synergies.

Rey is better than Vader; however, Vader is significantly better than Rey under an Emperor Palpatine lead. Vader under a Palpatine lead I think is one of the strongest characters in the game. Lots of TM boosts and healing with the occasional 50k crit thrown in there from one of the tankier characters
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Rey is better than Vader

That's a decent squad, but EP, Vader + RG alone isn't enough. The truth is, Vader is underpowered and is a waste of space on an EP squad (or any squad) in my opinion.

Oh no. Vader blades at over 40k with a crit. He can one shoot almost any toon. My Vader is over 10k power

Cool, Rey would still do better without synergies.

Rey is better than Vader; however, Vader is significantly better than Rey under an Emperor Palpatine lead. Vader under a Palpatine lead I think is one of the strongest characters in the game. Lots of TM boosts and healing with the occasional 50k crit thrown in there from one of the tankier characters

This - and you even left out his ability block on his basic. Makes Lando useless, stops JKA from using his aoe, prevents a SF taunt and can stop Rex from cleaning debuffs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just took rank 1 today today with G10 boba lead, g10 cad bane, G10 88, 215 speed G11 sthan and g11 lando. 88 and bane under boba lead is a beautiful thing to witness.
  • Just took rank 1 today today with G10 boba lead, g10 cad bane, G10 88, 215 speed G11 sthan and g11 lando. 88 and bane under boba lead is a beautiful thing to witness.

I love that. That team sounds super fun and is totally against the Wiggs meta.

That team sounds so fun to play. And it's something totally different.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »

I think your right about that, Boba fett can do pretty much everything Vader does, but a lot better

Vader underpowered? I do agree that Boba Fett can do everytihng vader does but why not run both? EP, Vader, Boba, Shoretrooper and B2. Its a solidly tanky and high damage team that has many ways to win.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    FwT7OZq.jpg

I've had great success with this team being able to handle teams of all types

Have you got the big speed on Boba? I've noticed with any Boba/EP type teams it's all about who does the first ability block.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • All those EP teams ... hmmm ... is it possible get EP to 7* without Wiggs? :tongue:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    All those EP teams ... hmmm ... is it possible get EP to 7* without Wiggs? :tongue:

Yep.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    FwT7OZq.jpg

I've had great success with this team being able to handle teams of all types

Have you got the big speed on Boba? I've noticed with any Boba/EP type teams it's all about who does the first ability block.

Depends which mod set I run. My current set is at about 188 speed so decent but not great
  • I've been running emp lead, vader, TFP, shoretrooper, then I swap b2 for sth RG anikin whatever I need.It's solid fun and I was bored of using wiggs, but I'll say this TFP is great, mine has 278 speed always goes first BUT he's not tier one, he might be with crit mods, I get to much red damage with him, plus his ability block is useless in this meta do too auto tanks and if you use his AOE it procs there b2 and he wipes your taunt. Vader is fun he's almost tier 1, crazy hp hardest hitting move in the game and ability block I really like him and if there's 1 spot to fill he's the guy under emp. Once my vader was deep in the red against baze full hp half protection and my vader won! The problem is anyone running chaze or Rex just tenacity ups wipes my debuffs and its over. Sometimes I can lock chaze sometimes I cant, Im still top 3 all day but it feels like I need not even good Rng just even Rng to win. Top Meta is wiggs chaze and b2(or sunfac or really whoever) my plan is too hoard gear keep top 3 daily and wait for the rogue one empire toons with 5 abilties and synergies too get released!

Uh... TFP applies Buff Immunity (almost did Buff Block) with his AoE, stoping auto-taunts (though STHan's turn meter to allies when hit apparently isn't a buff) and his basic does Tenacity Down on crit, he doesn't do ability block.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    All those EP teams ... hmmm ... is it possible get EP to 7* without Wiggs? :tongue:

Palp event is super easy, he came out when Wedge was still P2W
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »

I think your right about that, Boba fett can do pretty much everything Vader does, but a lot better

Vader underpowered? I do agree that Boba Fett can do everytihng vader does but why not run both? EP, Vader, Boba, Shoretrooper and B2. Its a solidly tanky and high damage team that has many ways to win.

That's a solid team, but I think TFP does so much more than Vader and has more consistent dps with all of the debuffs spread around
    Make Zader Great Again!

Dude I was about to post about your squad, didn't realize you were on the forums. Have you tried Shoretrooper in your squad?

I'm on the same server. It's old-school year old players. Tons of squads in the top 20 with Shore, Baze, maxed out Boba leads, Maxed out Wiggs (180+ speed on both), most squads have 203+ speed STH, some 220+. Our top 20 is deep with strong meta squads. There's also a new EP team with Shore and a 280 speed max gear TFP.
  • I've been running emp lead, vader, TFP, shoretrooper, then I swap b2 for sth RG anikin whatever I need.It's solid fun and I was bored of using wiggs, but I'll say this TFP is great, mine has 278 speed always goes first BUT he's not tier one, he might be with crit mods, I get to much red damage with him, plus his ability block is useless in this meta do too auto tanks and if you use his AOE it procs there b2 and he wipes your taunt. Vader is fun he's almost tier 1, crazy hp hardest hitting move in the game and ability block I really like him and if there's 1 spot to fill he's the guy under emp. Once my vader was deep in the red against baze full hp half protection and my vader won! The problem is anyone running chaze or Rex just tenacity ups wipes my debuffs and its over. Sometimes I can lock chaze sometimes I cant, Im still top 3 all day but it feels like I need not even good Rng just even Rng to win. Top Meta is wiggs chaze and b2(or sunfac or really whoever) my plan is too hoard gear keep top 3 daily and wait for the rogue one empire toons with 5 abilties and synergies too get released!

Uh... TFP applies Buff Immunity (almost did Buff Block) with his AoE, stoping auto-taunts (though STHan's turn meter to allies when hit apparently isn't a buff) and his basic does Tenacity Down on crit, he doesn't do ability block.

He does inflict an ability block on the primary target with omegaed Tie Strike.

It's does if your TFP is omegad like mine...
  • Droids or if you get qgj zeta ability Jedi
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I run Anakin (L), 5s, Aayla, QGJ and RG... Not a wiggs team, not a EP team... I'm top 10 everyday. Against wiggs and Rex teams... I don't go around fighting EP teams though, obviously...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Droids or if you get qgj zeta ability Jedi

QGJ Zeta isn't top tier unless you have Kenobi
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Rex L w a lot of speed
    JKA
    Lando
    Five's
    Sun Fac

First every day. I can't remember the last time I couldn't beat a Wiggs team.

Totally F2P team now that ship shipments have Rex and SF too.

I run a similar team; swap Lando for STH and speed him up. I can handle most Wiggs teams except the new meta of Wiggs and Chaze with GK.
  • Short answer to the original post: no, not on my server. Of the top 100 area teams, I'd say 80 use Wiggs. I'm desperately trying to build an empire team to counter this, plus I think the empire is fun, and I'm trying to be patient because supposedly this is the new meta- but right now I can't crack #60 at all.

I know my team still needs work but I have an EP lead tho hes only a 5* (...need that event to come back in order to make an empire team that can counter the wiggs,), 6* Vader (...don't get me started on how painful he is to max), 7* RG, and I am mixing the other 2 to find something workable. I'm currently farming for TFP, but of course hes only available in one cantina battle so he'll take forever and a day, and I'd also like to get the Shoretrooper, but oh wait its not available unless we buy 5 chromium packs. I put speed mods on EP and Vader, and most times I still can't go first in arena; so when Wiggs and Lando strike, I've already lost half my team :neutral: