Biggs ship synergy, where did it go?

Prev1
Remember in Biggs Darklighter's description it said "with ship synergies"? I do. What are they, I don't see any kind of ship synergy mentioned anymore.

Replies

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    They removed that like 6 months ago. I think around the time mods were released. It was unnecessary then, and is unnecessary now.
  • Options
    because biggs is a top tier ftp toon it makes sense that his ship is less than that ( at least for ftp ships) so u have to farm other ships in order to get the zeta challenge opened

ships = blatant cash grab game gate

no content to speak of but people will inheritance to get a leg up
  • Options
    Biggs's ship is one of the best f2p ships. The taunt isn't reliable, but it's the only one available, and his special does decent damage. Seems like synergy to me.
  • Options
    The taunt is reliable if you pair with ships that apply target locks. And it's not the only one available - both Ackbar and Mace hand out buffs like candy, giving Sun Fac a chance to shine. You also have Plo and Mace to select who taunts.
  • Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    They removed that like 6 months ago. I think around the time mods were released. It was unnecessary then, and is unnecessary now.

Unnecessary? Unnecessarily is irrelevant, he had ship synergies and they removed them. I have a problem with that, and so should everyone that plays this game. His ship synergies where the very reason I invested in him to prepare for then ships was opened up. Also who decides they where unnecessary? If it makes him shine in ships than it's clearly not unnecessary.
  • Options

Unnecessary? Unnecessarily is irrelevant, he had ship synergies and they removed them. I have a problem with that, and so should everyone that plays this game. His ship synergies where the very reason I invested in him to prepare for then ships was opened up. Also who decides they where unnecessary? If it makes him shine in ships than it's clearly not unnecessary.

You sound as if you don't appreciate having a Biggs that's already geared and starred and ready to go. There are many ships that provide target locks on a fairly consistent basis, pairing Biggs with them provides a decent taunt stream (once the bug is fixed).
  • Options

They dropped the ship synergy for wedge synergy. So ya... I wish they'd drop the wedge synergy and put back the ship synergy too!!!
  • Options

They dropped the ship synergy for wedge synergy. So ya... I wish they'd drop the wedge synergy and put back the ship synergy too!!!

Why not have both? I don't see the problem.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see the problem. His ship rocks. U needs words to tell you his ship rocks?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I'm confused on what you're wanting out of these ship synergies? He has a ship, he makes it stronger simply by being leveled and geared. Do you want him to call airstrikes or something? If so do other Pilots get to have abilities added to them from their ships?
  • Options
    That little tidbit about ship synergy was a completely irrelevant relic from before ships were even fully developed. Fact is, he is good to have, so be glad if you got him long ago. 'Nuff said. Move on.
  • Options
    I have Biggs and 5s so I get an instant taunt using 5s special that always target locks.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    I dont see the problem. His ship rocks. U needs words to tell you his ship rocks?

+1
  • Options

as the others stated he lost the words of ship synergy when mods came out and that was long before ships was announced. so really if they never brought ships for another year you would have still "wasted" your time. and from how ships are how would the synergy work? ships already assist and dodge like crazy with lots of damage (exept the geonosian spy it seems) how would a synergy improve that?
  • Options
    Use CT fices ship and use specia abilty to target lock and biggs will taount since five's ship has high speed.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Biggs's ship is one of the best f2p ships. The taunt isn't reliable, but it's the only one available, and his special does decent damage. Seems like synergy to me.

If you are facing ahsoka ship you have to wait to put a taunt on. I usually drop her ship with fives normal biggs special and if needed my own ahsoka attack. Then I feel free to trigger biggs taunt with fives and battle is over lol. Jc keeps biggs in protection.
  • Options
    Vallik wrote: »
    because biggs is a top tier ftp toon it makes sense that his ship is less than that ( at least for ftp ships) so u have to farm other ships in order to get the zeta challenge opened

ships = blatant cash grab game gate

no content to speak of but people will inheritance to get a leg up

+1
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Ok... What is built in ships synergy? What have you lost?

• Options
    They made him garbage to amazing by removing the words ship synergy and making him and Wedge the best combo going

Sounds good to me, and he has a good ship
  • Options
    The "ship synergy" clearly referred to the Biggs/Wedge shipping fan fic out there.

"Wedge, pull out! You're not doing any good back there!" An erotic novel by G. Lukas.
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It was meant for when they origionally were going to do ships and not have as many pilots as they do meow. He has ship synergy, if he didn't, he wouldn't be a pilot.
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    I'm confused on what you're wanting out of these ship synergies? He has a ship, he makes it stronger simply by being leveled and geared. Do you want him to call airstrikes or something? If so do other Pilots get to have abilities added to them from their ships?

"He has a ship it makes him stronger"

No his ship doesn't make him stronger. Other characters have ships as well, and when they are leveled and geared they make their ships stronger as well, so that's irrelevant.

Actually air strikes would be pretty cool. That would be a great ship synergy.

"If so do other Pilots get to have abilities added to them from their ships?"

Other pilots weren't promised ship synergies and then had them taken away.
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

as the others stated he lost the words of ship synergy when mods came out and that was long before ships was announced. so really if they never brought ships for another year you would have still "wasted" your time. and from how ships are how would the synergy work? ships already assist and dodge like crazy with lots of damage (exept the geonosian spy it seems) how would a synergy improve that?

"and from how ships are how would the synergy work? ships already assist and dodge like crazy with lots of damage (exept the geonosian spy it seems) how would a synergy improve that?"

How would ship synergy improve that? Get creative, there are plenty of ways ship synergy could improve that.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Ok... What is built in ships synergy? What have you lost?

"Ok... What is built in ships synergy? What have you lost?"

I don't know they took it away before I could find out. You aren't curious?

I'm amused how everyone is arguing against it even though it could make Biggs and even more imo Trans character in ships to have. I think most of you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
  • Options
    It was meant for when they origionally were going to do ships and not have as many pilots as they do meow. He has ship synergy, if he didn't, he wouldn't be a pilot.

No he doesn't have ship synergy just because he is a pilot. His description clearly stated "with ship synergies" which no other current pilot had.

• Options

No he doesn't have ship synergy just because he is a pilot. His description clearly stated "with ship synergies" which no other current pilot had.

But CG is allowed to change their characters at any time, in any way, for any reason, without advance notice or giving reasons. Since they removed it back with mods (apparently), they've clearly had a change of direction with his ship, his character, or ships/pilot interactions in general. In any case, it's done, and honestly Biggs doesn't need anything more going for him. He's great in raids/arena/GW, he's great in ships (if you have enough TL production). He covers most of the game without this "ship synergy" that was removed a long time ago.
  • Haloinreverse
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »

But CG is allowed to change their characters at any time, in any way, for any reason, without advance notice or giving reasons. Since they removed it back with mods (apparently), they've clearly had a change of direction with his ship, his character, or ships/pilot interactions in general. In any case, it's done, and honestly Biggs doesn't need anything more going for him. He's great in raids/arena/GW, he's great in ships (if you have enough TL production). He covers most of the game without this "ship synergy" that was removed a long time ago.

"But CG is allowed to change their characters at any time, in any way, for any reason, without advance notice or giving reasons."

I think you meant EA? Yes and I'm also allowed to complain about it in their forum for any reason at any time. Everyone wins if Biggs gets his ship synergy back. There is no negative, so you're just arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

When Rey came out her special was ridiculous, and really still is, everyone wanted her nerfed. She wasn't, it therefore gave everyone incentive to prioritize getting Rey. Same would apply here. Again there is no negative to giving him ship synergies back, only positive. But I'm sure you'll still continue to argue with me simply to argue, and still provide no negative to what I'm suggesting.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think you meant EA? Yes and I'm also allowed to complain about it in their forum for any reason at any time. Everyone wins if Biggs gets his ship synergy back. There is no negative, so you're just arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

I was under the impression CG was the development team with EA as having final say. If that's not the case, then sure, EA instead of CG. Doesn't matter either way though. And yes, you are allowed to complain, but if it doesn't go anywhere, if it doesn't produce any results, what's the point?

Also, I'm a droid user. So I don't win. In fact I get screwed over if he gets some advantage in arena because most of the people I face have him, so their teams would get stronger while mine wouldn't.

As for there being no negative - there would be considerable negative impact. If Biggs got some special ship synergy, he would be even more powerful and dominant than he already is; instead of bringing (or at least attempting to bring) balance back to the game, it would create even larger discrepancies in strength across different factions. Not to mention all the complaining about Biggs being the only pilot with a special "ship synergy", which would create more of a headache for CG/EA and would risk the creation of more "ship synergies", putting pilots on a different level in regular gameplay simply because they're pilots.
    His ship synergies where the very reason I invested in him to prepare for then ships was opened up

This honestly just sounds like you're upset that you planned really far in advance (had to have been if the "ship synergies" line was removed back with the mods update - I don't know when it was removed, I didn't play then) and didn't benefit because of it. That's entirely on you, especially considering that the game has always been somewhat volatile in terms of meta shift, new characters, game changes, etc. Planning months in advance like that is an extremely risky business; you took the risk and it didn't pay off. If you're so upset, just go get Wedge and use the Wiggs combo everywhere that it's successful. Suddenly your investment is paying dividends.

I don't argue just for the sake of arguing - too much to do and too little time to do it to justify pointless arguing ;)
  • Haloinreverse
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »

I was under the impression CG was the development team with EA as having final say. If that's not the case, then sure, EA instead of CG. Doesn't matter either way though. And yes, you are allowed to complain, but if it doesn't go anywhere, if it doesn't produce any results, what's the point?

Also, I'm a droid user. So I don't win. In fact I get screwed over if he gets some advantage in arena because most of the people I face have him, so their teams would get stronger while mine wouldn't.

As for there being no negative - there would be considerable negative impact. If Biggs got some special ship synergy, he would be even more powerful and dominant than he already is; instead of bringing (or at least attempting to bring) balance back to the game, it would create even larger discrepancies in strength across different factions. Not to mention all the complaining about Biggs being the only pilot with a special "ship synergy", which would create more of a headache for CG/EA and would risk the creation of more "ship synergies", putting pilots on a different level in regular gameplay simply because they're pilots.
    His ship synergies where the very reason I invested in him to prepare for then ships was opened up

This honestly just sounds like you're upset that you planned really far in advance (had to have been if the "ship synergies" line was removed back with the mods update - I don't know when it was removed, I didn't play then) and didn't benefit because of it. That's entirely on you, especially considering that the game has always been somewhat volatile in terms of meta shift, new characters, game changes, etc. Planning months in advance like that is an extremely risky business; you took the risk and it didn't pay off. If you're so upset, just go get Wedge and use the Wiggs combo everywhere that it's successful. Suddenly your investment is paying dividends.

I don't argue just for the sake of arguing - too much to do and too little time to do it to justify pointless arguing ;)

"Also, I'm a droid user. So I don't win. In fact I get screwed over if he gets some advantage in arena because most of the people I face have him, so their teams would get stronger while mine wouldn't."

So you didn't invest in Biggs like we did so you get screwed over? Thats faulty logic.

"As for there being no negative - there would be considerable negative impact. If Biggs got some special ship synergy, he would be even more powerful and dominant than he already is"

Again faulty logic. You would have to invest in him like I did. Like when Rey created an unfair advantage because she could simply one shot everyone. Well then we all started investing in Rey then didn't we. So no there would be no negative impact.

"This honestly just sounds like you're upset that you planned really far in advance (had to have been if the "ship synergies" line was removed back with the mods update - I don't know when it was removed, I didn't play then) and didn't benefit because of it."

It's essentially bait and switch and moving the goal posts, and yes most normal thinking people get annoyed over that.

"That's entirely on you, especially considering that the game has always been somewhat volatile in terms of meta shift, new characters, game changes, etc"

Uhmmmm..... it's entirely on me that the game is volatile in terms of meta shift? I'm to blame because the programmers continue to make this game volatile? Are you joking? No it's not on me it's on the creators and programmers. Nice try at tying to shift blame though. Again faulty logic.

As far as not arguing for the sake of arguing, you definitely fooled me, because every argument you have presented has been a bad one as I have clearly knocked them all down like dominos.
    Post edited by Haloinreverse on
  • dajhmaster
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think both of you are right and wrong. (Haloinreverse and Mageduckey)

You should expect some consistency from this game and the devs should stick to their word when they promise something. But programming is never perfect, and some aspects of what they hope to put in the game do not always pan out in a predictable manner.

So, you really just have to take what you can get. Also the meta continually shifts due to reworks and new characters, so I don't think planning ahead for months in advance will always work out for you. Does that suck? Yes. Should you blame yourself or the devs? Debateable.