Best order for Phasma's ability

Yendor
261 posts Member
edited January 2016
Ok, I run a Phasma (L), Poe, FOTP, Sid, Leia arena team, and I sometimes find myself conflicted on Phasma's first move. Do I speed up my entire team with Victory March giving everyone advantage, or do I do aoe damage with Fusillade and give a chance to slow the other team? I typically come down on the side of Victory March first, but wanted to see how others felt.

This poll is strictly related to Arena's

Best order for Phasma's ability 45 votes

I always start with Victory March
15%
MittensCorndog131ElConejitoSnowbloodajmillerXorthyxWonderwyrm 7 votes
It's situational, but I usually start with Victory March (Please post below to explain)
37%
HyperalloyilyanorStarcronHavokTriggerRogan_Ban84RonTomWall_EWillkimm98SidiousIsPikachuG1lly20enderScottbot7262Milly_htowmpodianGiodude2000Pirate_SimiMeiai 17 votes
I always start with Fusillade
17%
AdamWHeHateMePlague_IncRobbathehuttDrpPnts4FoodRagazziRogerMoore_007Trijam 8 votes
It's situational, but I usually start with Fusillade (Please post below to explain)
28%
masterringSyth_Hunterd3gaussOtarBenr3600pay2wingarubladorJohnnyMakeBelieveKesissMichajamMandofreshnessMikymateAdmiral_Steven 13 votes

Replies

• It's situational, but I usually start with Victory March (Please post below to explain)
    Turn meter is guaranteed for all allies. Speed down is resisted frequently so it's a gamble.
  • It's situational, but I usually start with Fusillade (Please post below to explain)
    Situational. It depends if there is a counter attacker on the other side.

9 times out of 10 I'll go fusillade and then VM. My team can usually gets in 2 full turns before the other team and that equals dead toons on the other side.
  • It's situational, but I usually start with Fusillade (Please post below to explain)
    This is easy for me. During any situation there are a few things to consider.

First, If you are running A FO team then you should have FOO who is the main guy to benefit from 5 guys having advantage. This is plus number 1. If you don't have FOO then maybe not as big of an advantage

Second, Is most of my team already at 90% or above turn meter? For me this is the most important factor for me because I hate waisting 40% turn meter per player.

Lets look at this as a whole. If you use fusilade first, then more than likely round 1 is a wash as far as speed, but round 2 all your guys attack first setting up a heal or a taunt. Next cool thing using phasmas advantage skill second boosts turn meters way ahead and sometimes lets the team attack a third time.

Now if you use advantage first then most of the time you lose half of what the skill is for. Only time I use advantage first is if other team has a few counter players and I cant afford to hit them. Or if my team has already used their first turn.
  • It's situational, but I usually start with Victory March (Please post below to explain)
    VM allows my team to move first - that is, Han gets his taunt quickly, Ahsoka drops her special before the enemy moves, and Luminara (who moves before Phasma) is close to getting her second round. That gives me a huge initial advantage.
    Keep in mind AoEs like Sid and Vader wipe out advantage. VM should go after their AoE is used. Fusillade does decent AoE damage and then VM really allows you to take FULL advantage of the turn meter ownage for your team's 2nd and third round of attacks.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    I always start with Fusillade
    The slow debuff needs to be applied immediately to be effective. Also i dont want to use victory march and then try to use fusilade and waste advantage, advantage provides a huge damage buff for the basic attack. Fusilade->Victory March-> Couple of high damage rounds.
    It depends how many counter attackers I am facing. If there is no Dooku, 5s, Fisto or Ima + 4 jedi then I might go with Fusillade first.
    I probably play at a different level than you, but it really depends. Most of the teams I fight require me to take out one or two of their guys as fast as possible, so I'll just fire on them on the first turn. Then after the taunt comes I'll use Fusillade (and Sid's AOE) to mop up anyone with low HP. Then I'll use VM once my toons are lowish on turn meter.

If I really need my guys to go first I'll use VM right away, but you aren't really maximizing it that way. If there isn't an obvious target I might use Fusillade right away to try to slow them all down. Slowing them when they're low on turn meter will maximize it's usefulness, so doing it right away might cause you to miss out on most of a turn worth of slow on their characters. Even one turn of slow can make a big difference in a fast match, though.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    It's situational, but I usually start with Fusillade (Please post below to explain)
    Most of the time, the enemey have a Sid, and since Sid AOE with DoT, if you start by using Victory March, you will most certainly lose your advantage buff...
  • Wow, a LOT more variance in opinions than I anticipated. A couple of comments and caveats I wanted to add
    • Phasma goes before FOTP, so if he doesn't have advantage by her turn, or close enough that Fusillade will give him advantage, I use VM to make sure his first attack, which for me is his special, is maximized.
    • If FOTP already has advantage, I will typically go with Fusillade first
    • I saw mention of sids aoe, but sid goes before Phasma, and while he sometimes leads with basic, he more often leads with his aoe making this not an issue. It probably is worth factoring in though when he hasn't used it by Phasma's first turn /
    • Otar
      252 posts Member
      You missed the point about SID, its not the attack its the DoT effect... It will remove advantage!
    • Otar wrote: »
      You missed the point about SID, its not the attack its the DoT effect... It will remove advantage!

Ahh, you're correct, I did miss that and did not realize that dot's counted towards removal of advantage. Thanks
      If most of your team-members (or at least one or two very important ones) have a low turnmeter, use Victory March, since it has a guaranteed success.
      If most of your team-members have close-to full turnmeters, use Fussilade, since Victory March would be wasted (turnmeters cannot go over 100% through buffs, only the character's own speed-points get carried over to the next turn).
      Unless my Kylo & Lumi went before Phasma, I go Fusillade not to waste the potential 50% Meter gain.