Game Update 12/6/2016 Comments and Questions - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Look, here's my point--if you don't like the tournaments, cool. That's cool, your opinion is valid and cool, and I sort of agree with you to a point.

But don't use dumb logic. Don't say it's a cash grab when it's not a crystal-refresh. Dislike it for good reasons.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Just a speculation thread, obviously no one knows (do you? Lol). I hate to spend precious fleet currency to get him but I may have to. Would rather get him from a hard node, gw or even cantina if possible
  • I understand new content needs to be released for keeping the whales and belugas happy and spending money, it is a business after all.

But how about re running some old events, like empire demise and the mighty might event. Not every player has completed these and would help in bringing Balance to the game. By adding more content the game is bring strictly geared and tweaked to the select few each and every event.

Any player go back and look at what players have been in the top 20 of higher in all these tournaments and specialized events. It is the same players.

Go ahead whales and belugas tear it apart. Truth hurts.
  • August
  • I would be happy for anything but a tournament.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Look, here's my point--if you don't like the tournaments, cool. That's cool, your opinion is valid and cool, and I sort of agree with you to a point.

But don't use dumb logic. Don't say it's a cash grab when it's not a crystal-refresh. Dislike it for good reasons.

You do realize that you can refresh GW to buy more ally points, right? And those refreshes cost crystals.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    So the OP says the tournament is for players over lvl 30, and my game says its for lvl 80. Which one is it?
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Look, here's my point--if you don't like the tournaments, cool. That's cool, your opinion is valid and cool, and I sort of agree with you to a point.

You do realize that you can refresh GW to buy more ally points, right? And those refreshes cost crystals.

You also get ally points from simming cantina and LS/DS nodes. Which can be refreshed infinitely
  • I don't like being so negative about the game and stuff lately, but I feel like EA has totally lost touch with the majority of their player-base and is only focused on that 2% that can afford what they're doing. It was pretty obvious after the last tournament that everybody was sick of it and at the very least some kind of battle cap was needed to keep the playing field semi-equal, tournaments needed to be reduced by at least one full day, and the reward structure needed to improve. Has any of that happened? What characters like Chirrut and Bistan? Are they only ways to get them by dropping $1,000+ / each in Chromium packs? Ships are expensive if you're trying to level them at any kind of rate and if you don't, then you're just going to get destroyed in arena by the whales that have multiple toons with Zeta abilities. We went through this period earlier in the year where EA was completely out-of-touch with us, it got really good for a while there, and now it's worse than it was earlier in the year. What happened, the team was doing such a good job. It's so disappointing.

@EA_Jesse
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited December 2016

The reason people are saying its a cash grab is simple -

- they release an exclusive toon in a tourney to let you get a little taste

- Once a couple of weeks have gone by and you see the people with the flashy new toon, people will be anxious to get it too.

- then they release the toon in chromium, or a 1.2k+ crystal pack

• Yes, I will see the film more than once. Yes, I will probably have to check my phone constantly. Yes, I did not waste my ally points on chasing Vader's ship. Yes, I may not be alone in these decisions. Yes, I hope you bring back Emperor Palpatine's event because he will be in the new movie. Yes, you will have double drops to celebrate. Yes, I understand that you want my mind, body, soul, and time and I will probably give it to you. Sigh. LOl.
  • You also get ally points from simming cantina and LS/DS nodes. Which can be refreshed infinitely

Even better point
  • Is this event only for android? I'm on iOS and isn't appearing for me?!?!
  • Droids love (an)droids, man...
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    Sure, discuss moderation... fastest way to get thread removed

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! what a threat lmao but i guess if thats alll you can do........... hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Yeah they only did one chirrut tourney and I'm p2p and don't have a viable chirrut. One more tourney would suffice.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Stabshimi wrote: »
    I don't even bother playing the tournament. It's a money grabber for greedy EA.
    How do they get money from ally tokens? Are you somehow refreshing your Galactic War?

They just have almost every toon maxed. They spend less on refresh
  • i almost wonder if it would be better for it to just use something you cant farm like actuall GW tokens or arena tokens
  • Are these tournaments just a Rogue One thing or are they here to stay?

Its beyond a joke now how many there have been.
  • Android so can't tell you, but I will ask around in my Guild. We have some IOS players.
  • GK23
    55 posts Member
    iOS here and no tournament.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    It currently shows up on my android account but not on my iOS account so yup, looks that way for now.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Eating meat helps to cope with three situations
  • xanderxman wrote: »

Tell me how to buy GW tokens with crystals.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • IOS here. Can confirm no event for K2SO
  • And beyond a joke how broken and just plain not fun they are. Sorry, don't have the time to spend 10 hours fighting arena style battles on the off chance of unlocking a character, no matter how overpowered you make it. And seriously, is game balance just not a thing any more?
  • Asked. Will comment or PM if I get feedback.
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Nothing in iOS. Absolute BUMMER if we don't get a Cassian companion event
  • They finally release a droid with a taunt and he is also a rebel and of course he goes to only android users
  • Do you iOS users see the other Rogue One tournament? Maybe the update hasn't pushed through to your iStore yet, or w/e it's called.
This discussion has been closed.